Best Luke ROTJ Hero Lightsaber

Aldo The Apache

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have just recently joined therpf, as you can probably tell. And even though i've literally just joined today I would like to ask something I have been wanting to ask some fellow collectors, for a while. That question is who does truly makes, in your experiences the best lightsaber hilt replicas. Or more specifically the best ROTJ hero lightsabers. I have had several lightsaber replicas in my time, from icons to custom makers, and of course EFX. The EFX hero lightsaber was my first Luke ROTJ lightsaber in my collection, as well as my only one. I knew there were some flaws going into to buying it, but after closer inspection, and looking at older therpf comments. I started to want something more high end, and quality. The only replica that has caught my interest, besides of course Master Replicas, is the new Roman Props ROTJ empty hilt. Besides that I have really nothing to go on at the moment. All the master replica ones I see especially the version 2 lightsabers, are in the thousands, and I don't exactly want to shell that out at the moment. Any Advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Welcome to the forum!

As far as static (unable to accept electronics) Luke ROTJ Hero replicas, the best are by a couple RPF members on here, Nicksdad, and Anakin Starkiller. Nicksdad did a run of them more recently, and one can be found for sale in the Junkyard of this forum at this very moment. Anakin Starkiller is planning on doing another run after his upcoming V2 run is complete. If you have any interest in the Luke V2 I'd suggest jumping on that run as well, as these will be the most accurate V2 replicas yet. Follow this thread: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=283627

Definitely recommend Nicksdad's ROTJ hero. Here is mine, finished by the awesome people at ArtisanFX

DK7wZ9FUQAELNcv.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

As far as static (unable to accept electronics) Luke ROTJ Hero replicas, the best are by a couple RPF members on here, Nicksdad, and Anakin Starkiller. Nicksdad did a run of them more recently, and one can be found for sale in the Junkyard of this forum at this very moment. Anakin Starkiller is planning on doing another run after his upcoming V2 run is complete. If you have any interest in the Luke V2 I'd suggest jumping on that run as well, as these will be the most accurate V2 replicas yet. Follow this thread: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=283627

Couldn’t have said it any better. If you don’t care about fx these are your best options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is going to seem like a dumb question, but to get in on the new run. Do I just email him or is there a specific way to buy things here.

it depends on what you're looking for. Static hilts, which for me are the only tangible props from the films (other than fencing stunts which very few people replicate)

I'll agree Nicksdad and Anakin Starkiller have both produced a hero Luke ROTJ lightsaber. Nicksdad are the only ones that you'll see around lately, since Anakin Starkiller made his many years ago and very few people sold them off.

Here is my Nicksdad saber.
ND2rotj.jpgNDROTJ.jpg

I painted the card the correct shade of blue (vintage circuit boards came in a few colors) and I glued my triangles not centered, like the actual prop. I used high heat grill paint, and clear coat on the grip & button and the copper neck (copper and aluminum can chemically react) I recently dropped it so the tri-ring is wonky and there are a few dings in it.... weathering?:wacko

- - - Updated - - -

This is going to seem like a dumb question, but to get in on the new run. Do I just email him or is there a specific way to buy things here.

The run hasn't begun yet, usually there are instructions provided at the beginning. There will be either an "interest thread" in which people chime in for interest but there is no official list or a "Run" thread - it will include instructions on how to contact the maker and sign up (with or without deposit, etc.)

Thanks again for your help. I forgot I said this on my original post, but what about Roman Props new version 3 hilt.

Haven’t seen a v3 hilt from Roman as that would be the Obi/Luke shared stunt. I assume your talking about his newest ROTJ/TLJ Hilt. If your going for movie accuracy then this may not be the one for you. First off the rings on the grip are all even. We also haven’t exactly seen his control box design. Lastly it’s unknown where his measurements are based from.
Now don’t get me wrong. It’s Roman so we know it’s gonna look AMAZING and as soon as it came up for preorder I was on it in a second. Just saying if you want definite movie accuracy it’s gonna be hard to beat a static version of one already mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks again for all your help. I did just find an older run of Star Killers ROTJ lightsaber in the junkyard, and followed the listing to eBay. I’ll be in a bid war with 2 other people, probably more. So one again thank you.

Ok thanks, but yeah I saw a v3 version that was basically a hero version of the saber but it had the lever from the v2 saber.
As I understand it the V3 Roman is offering is what's left of the recent run by Spirit of ob1. I have one from the first run and I think it's beautiful. It's got a Graflex clamp instead of the solid control box on the hero, but the same style clamp card. Kind of a midpoint between the Hero and the V2.

Thanks again for all your help. I did just find an older run of Star Killers ROTJ lightsaber in the junkyard, and followed the listing to eBay. I’ll be in a bid war with 2 other people, probably more. So one again thank you.

The ROTJ hero has a flat emitter. The ring with holes on that saber's emitter was based on the TFA behind the scenes video, so they're slightly different.

Yeah he mentioned in therpf listing something about that. I believe he said anakin Star killer behind the scenes lightsaber tfa run.

- - - Updated - - -

So it’s kind of accurate?

It’s ok, anyway the hilt was sold but yeah it looks like the
picture that should have been there. Except the Roman Props one was completed.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back