Best Luke ROTJ Hero Lightsaber

Never thought I’d be back on this thread again. It seems like a nice hilt, but I’ll probably just wait for a possible Starkiller, or Nicksdad hilt. I’m already set up with an SD Studios one, thanks to teecrooz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lots of good info in this thread already but I will add that the Korbanth LS6 is unique in that it has a working control box with flashing lights that is independently powered via battery as well a lit gullwing crystal display. The crystal display is meh but I do enjoy having the flashing red/green lights on an otherwise static hilt.

Has Khal said if his new run would be another hero? Last I saw he was looking for feedback on Facebook to gauge interest. I think he was toying with doing a Last Jedi version. I missed out on his hero, so I’m hoping for a second run of that. The only thing keeping me off the Phoenix run is the uneven grenade section. It looks amazing, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting all your thoughts. I’m glad we are adding more info to this thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish for a run of uneven rings, smooth control box and NO copper neck

:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate accuracy, but more in an idealized sense rather than hardcore prop accuracy... as in, what they technically SHOULD look like in the story, without inevitable prop maker imperfections. To me, the KR Hero best represents an idealized version of the cave build Hero hilt. With some very light mods, the only major difference between it and the prop is the grenade section ribbing, since on the KR, the ribbing is all even (like how it should be in an idealized, canon sense).

luke_rotj.jpg
20180713_183235.jpg

Attachments

• 20180617_220841.jpg
    20180617_220841.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 348
Last edited:
Phoenix Props is coming out with an FX run of Hero's dedicated to the actual prop with uneven grip ribbing. Parts are copper, but that can be taken care of with some paint or even plating.

Its proportions seem to be right on with the prop.

Last edited:
Does anybody know the size of the hero hilt in the film?The replica makes seem to be all over the board from Romans 10.12" to korbanths and KR 10.62" to Vaders Vault 11" and SF prodigal sons 11.5"..Anyone know which is closer to correct,or is this even known?

Does anybody know the size of the hero hilt in the film?The replica makes seem to be all over the board from Romans 10.12" to korbanths and KR 10.62" to Vaders Vault 11" and SF prodigal sons 11.5"..Anyone know which is closer to correct,or is this even known?

Unknown. That's the inherent issue with the Hero. Any Smith or prop replicator who does it can only base it off of imagery, so there will always be some degree of variation and creative freedom taken. It was a custom machined prop that we only have a handful of photos and screens of. It's not like it's made from a real world object or part that you can purchase and make exact measurements of for reproduction like a Graflex, MPP, and even an Obi-Wan hilt.

Unknown. That's the inherent issue with the Hero. Any Smith or prop replicator who does it can only base it off of imagery, so there will always be some degree of variation and creative freedom taken. It was a custom machined prop that we only have a handful of photos and screens of. It's not like it's made from a real world object or part that you can purchase and make exact measurements of for reproduction like a Graflex, MPP, and even an Obi-Wan hilt.

It's not completely unknown. It's been narrowed down to being very close to 11.25":

I would like to address the size question.
I have heard comments that some other replicas are too small ( MR, etc.. ).
My last replica was a little over 11 inches. I have seen the blueprints online and it seems that the suggested length is 11 1/4 inches.
Does anyone know if this is a correct measurement. I mean, did someone actually measure the original saber or is this sizing based on the casting sized up to try and allow for shrinkage.

Based on the pic below of the screen-used ESB and ROTJ sabers posted in the thread mentioned above, the ROTJ hero looks to be about 105.3% of the length of a Graflex:

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums... vs. ROTJ with lines_zpsqne4inzj.jpg~original

When I saved this image after drawing the red lines, the lines shifted a bit upwards. Feel free to disregard them and measure the two lengths for yourself, dividing the smaller into the larger to see if you get a result more/less than 1.053.

So according to Darth Lars in another thread, the length of his 3-cell can vary from 26.9cm (10.6") to 27.2cm (10.7"), depending on whether or not the bottom tube is push in vs. pulled out all the way. There is this .1" of play. Assuming 10.65", since we don't know in which position the bottom tube was in in the photograph above, and assuming the 105.3%-larger calculation is correct on my part, I get about 11.21", or about 11 7/32" as the total length of the ROTJ hero.

What do I win? :D

Ok.So roughly then..So that means most of the hilts are probably a bit small,with the exception of the saberforge prodigal son

Nicksdad's last two runs were 11.25" or slightly more. Anakin Starkiller's hero runs have all been right around this measurement as well AFAIK. Rylo, the same. SD Studios, ditto.

When you say "most of the hilts" have been small, and I look at who you mention, it looks like you're focusing on FX-ready hilts, which don't get discussed on this forum as much as screen-accurate-style hilts that have been made to replicate what was seen on screen as opposed to being able to accommodate FX. Nothing against FX hilts—just saying that if you look at recent runs of screen-accurate-style hilts by folks here, the majority have been the correct size, or very close to it.

Nicksdad's last two runs were 11.25" or slightly more. Anakin Starkiller's hero runs have all been right around this measurement as well AFAIK. Rylo, the same. SD Studios, ditto.

When you say "most of the hilts" have been small, and I look at who you mention, it looks like you're focusing on FX-ready hilts, which don't get discussed on this forum as much as screen-accurate-style hilts that have been made to replicate what was seen on screen as opposed to being able to accommodate FX. Nothing against FX hilts—just saying that if you look at recent runs of screen-accurate-style hilts by folks here, the majority have been the correct size, or very close to it.

True.Honestly I wasnt even aware of most of the hiltz you mentioned above

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back