Batman DOJ voice modulator demo video

Thanks for posting that. I have been waiting for months for them to post it on their website. Now I can take the plunge and get it knowing how it sounds. What all comes with it? if I may ask. any pics or videos of that. Thanks again for doing this buddy.

Thad

no prob guys. i am actually wearing a lapel mike inside my cowl. it rests right next to my nose. it comes with a speaker but i use a phillips portable one instead since its louder. it comes with a mic you could prob squeeze into a cowl but it is pretty much just made for the helmet armored suit. all in all i really like it!

no prob guys. i am actually wearing a lapel mike inside my cowl. it rests right next to my nose. it comes with a speaker but i use a phillips portable one instead since its louder. it comes with a mic you could prob squeeze into a cowl but it is pretty much just made for the helmet armored suit. all in all i really like it!

Sweet. Thanks for the info.

yep great info, thanks!!

hightechtoyz seems the way to go since cosplay chris doent produce his digitizer anymore. not on his etsy shop anymore and did not receive an answer when i emailed him about it three weeks ago.

yep great info, thanks!!

hightechtoyz seems the way to go since cosplay chris doent produce his digitizer anymore. not on his etsy shop anymore and did not receive an answer when i emailed him about it three weeks ago.

WIth all due respect to Cosplay Chris as a fellow Aussie - his voice modulator was not of his design. It was simply an Adafruit Wave Shield Voice Changer - which he housed in a 3d printed/ resin cast case which looked like a DOJ belt buckle. If you can solder or have a friend who can, it's not that hard and much cheaper to make one yourself. Once made, it can be slung of the back of your belt under your cape in a simple plastic electronic project box.

Here's the link to the original Adafruit unit - https://learn.adafruit.com/wave-shield-voice-changer.

Hope this helps

Chris

WIth all due respect to Cosplay Chris as a fellow Aussie - his voice modulator was not of his design. It was simply an Adafruit Wave Shield Voice Changer - which he housed in a 3d printed/ resin cast case which looked like a DOJ belt buckle. If you can solder or have a friend who can, it's not that hard and much cheaper to make one yourself. Once made, it can be slung of the back of your belt under your cape in a simple plastic electronic project box.

Here's the link to the original Adafruit unit - https://learn.adafruit.com/wave-shield-voice-changer.

Hope this helps

Chris

This is probably the best way to go with a voice changer. I have built one, not that difficult if you take your time, I'm still sorting out a decent throat mic, I've tried a couple of really cheap ones from Amazon, but I'll get a better one soon.

I used a cheap speaker to get it up and running but it'll sound great with a better speaker or speakers.

The great thing with an arduino based system it can be upgraded and adapted very easily and can used on various projects.

Cosplay Chris's making video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivkczjoOXHc&t=1381s

Steve

i confirm about this solution. the modulation sounds real good. see for yourself:

i'm really happy with it. the wife cant hear "do you bleed" anymore...

questions, now:

the kit comes with a volume control adapter which consist in a potentiometer with 3.5mm stereo jacks. it's a cheap one, the resistance going from 0 to 100 instantly when turning the knob. anyone here who knows about a quality VCA?

i'm using a lapel mic which work fine but i'd prefer a throat mic, any models you guys could recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
i confirm about this solution. the modulation sounds real good. see for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO-MX-HV2y0&feature=youtu.be

i'm really happy with it. the wife cant hear "do you bleed" anymore...

questions, now:

the kit comes with a volume control adapter which consist in a potentiometer with 3.5mm stereo jacks. it's a cheap one, the resistance going from 0 to 100 instantly when turning the knob. anyone here who knows about a quality VCA?

i'm using a lapel mic which work fine but i'd prefer a throat mic, any models you guys could recommend?

I was going to ask the same thing. The throat mic I am using does not work at all. :(

I would just recommend a $10 lapel mic. Just run it up your cowl and it sits next to your nose. Pics up great for me and doesnt pick up background noise

Here is the link ..I have had no issues using this.
Couldn't get the link to work but go to Amazon and search
Lavalier Microphone, Seacue 3.5mm Lapel Clip-on Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone*

Last edited:
Anyone have a throat mic that works with this? Anyone find a throat mic with out the PTT and has a 3.5mm plug in? I have looked everyone and not successful.

Hey guys, figured I'd put a spark back in this thread instead of starting my own. I have made the arduino modulator and it sounds amazing. I've been experimenting with the mic placement and it sounds like the nose lapel mic is the way to go. Has anyone successfully set up a throat mic that came across clear enough to get the job done. Also, what I'm hoping to get some input on, is the location of the speakers. I had them behind a mesh portion of my suit near the chest for a better directional output near my mouth. Unfortunately, I get feedback when the volume is loud enough for a convention. Where has everyone else placed the speakers? Thanks in advance.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back