Did Last Jedi inspire you for a new project?

joeranger

Sr Member
I liked the movie but it really was a hot mess. One of the things I just noticed was that nothing in the movie jumped out at me from a costume or prop perspective.

Other than Finn's bubble wrap suit or the stormtrooper cheese slicers, nothing was really memorable. When I watch a movie I love, my mind usually races about how I would "make that".

Anyone have anything stick in their mind?

Yeah, I don't like the new movies production design that much. The FO Stormtrooper weapons look like toys, in fact, I don't even like the FO Stormtrooper armor period. Phasma is OK and the new Praetorian Guard is pretty cool. Other than that, not much new worth building. The Graflex and Luke's lightsaber are still cool and so is Rey's blaster.

I wasn't a huge fan of Rouge One, but damn there was a lot of cool stuff to look at in that movie.

I was disappointed by TLJ. There were some great scenes, but honestly, it was a let down. I was gearing up to make another Graflex with NeoPixel but have actually lost inspiration.

I was disappointed by TLJ. There were some great scenes, but honestly, it was a let down. I was gearing up to make another Graflex with NeoPixel but have actually lost inspiration.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels this way...

Things I want from TLJ

#1 Luke’s compass (I’m going to learn how to do 3d modeling just for this damn thing!)

#2 the Jedi crusade pendant (working on this this weekend)

#3 Ben solos lightsaber

I might commission my girlfriend to make roses resistance ring. She is a talented goldsmith, and if enough people are interested she might do a run...
Just need some more reference pictures to get the scale right, and figure out the closing mechanism. Guessing some camera part is needed.

The rebel ring and dice stand out for me.

I did like the jedi text on the shelf. Maybe would serve as a cool book display

I already have anakin starkillers tfa saber and my kylo helmet and saber. Still working on the TK helmet. So I'm covered with most new saga props so far. I also wouldn't mind Rey's staff as a corner prop.

I might commission my girlfriend to make roses resistance ring. She is a talented goldsmith, and if enough people are interested she might do a run...
Just need some more reference pictures to get the scale right, and figure out the closing mechanism. Guessing some camera part is needed.
there are already interested parties. I would sign up on the interested list if you posted .. price pending of course

Wasn't a fan of TLJ at all, but with that said the production design looks nice. Wouldn't mind getting a nice Kylo lightsaber, beyond that Anovos has a lot of the props I want since I'm a big fan of the helmets.

I'm looking into making a Resistance A-wing pilot costume. I'm planning to model and 3d print the helmet. Suit will be similar to the X-wing, only green and no chaps. Chest box is the same and vest is completely different.

I liked the movie but it really was a hot mess. One of the things I just noticed was that nothing in the movie jumped out at me from a costume or prop perspective.

Other than Finn's bubble wrap suit or the stormtrooper cheese slicers, nothing was really memorable. When I watch a movie I love, my mind usually races about how I would "make that".

Anyone have anything stick in their mind?

c4ad69863bac7f45741b8d73857709e7.jpg

Just praetorian guard weapons
d7a89cca38f3191bc51fdde10637aae3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back