TLJ Ben Solo Jedi Academy Lightsaber

the Pawn

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Are there any photos of Ben Solo’s blue lightsaber seen in the two flashback scenes in TLJ? Was it a lightsaber Prop reused from TFA?

I wonder how he went from that blue Jedi lightsaber to the red Kylo Ren saber so quicky when he destroyed the Jedi Temple in TFA flashback? Does that mean he actually had two lightsabers? May explain why his red one was defective as he made it with a cracked Kyber crystal.

So who is doing a run for this new lightsaber? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen a couple of pictures floating around the forum. It appears to be the same saber, without the crossguard emitters, and silver. Apparently, he just modified his original padawan saber to become the Kylo Ren saber.

I wonder how he went from that blue Jedi lightsaber to the red Kylo Ren saber so quicky when he destroyed the Jedi Temple in TFA flashback? Does that mean he actually had two lightsabers? May explain why his red one was defective as he made it with a cracked Kyber crystal.

It seems to me that TLJ throws out the idea that it is Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren who destroyed Luke's Jedi Academy. Now it's just Ben Solo who does it. I suppose you could write off the TFA account as "it was just a vision, so not entirely accurate". But TLJ throws a lot more than that out the window, so it's kinda whatever at this point.

Rey's vision encompassed many events from the past and the future. The destruction of the temple and the Knights of Ren in the rain were not the same event. How else would Ben have gotten his saber rebuilt and all the knights acquire their suits so quickly?

Yeah-- I know this is the prop forum, but I like to think Rey's vision of the Kylo and the Knights is of the future. I don't think it was intended that way, but after seeing Ben and Luke's versions in TLJ, that vision doesn't fit.

I assume Ben had a regular lightsaber and in going dark wanted to evoke something old and went with the ancient cross-gaurd design which is over-clocking the crystal-- hence the crackling, the wire, etc.

I don't go for all that synthetic Sith crystal nonsense.

With Rey’s vision she’s probably seeing an amalgamation of events and emotions: Ben joins Snoke’s Knights of Ren after he falls and destroys Luke’s temple. The Force merges these two events in Rey’s vision along with others.

Luke says five other students left with Ben, in other words, the Knights of Ren. And remember Rey's vision isn't 100% accurate, as when Rey finds Kylo in the snowy forest in the vision, he's wearing his helmet and hood, unlike the actual confrontation later in the film.

Snoke might have gotten to those other students, too. We don't know how long he was out after Ben pulled the roof down on him. Long enough for the main facility to be fully-involved and not yet a burned-out husk -- but we have no way to know what Ben did after he left Luke there, or how long it took. Hours, probably.

I can't help but remember the footage shot on Skellig Michael with the Knights of Ren, and wonder if that's some of the stuff that will show up in Episode IX. If Rey goes back there to find out what happened to Luke, and Kylo follows her, or something. *shrug* We'll see.

As for Ben's lightsaber, I'm annoyed it isn't in the Visual Dictionary. I haven't gone through the art-of book yet, so I don't know if it's in there.

Snoke might have gotten to those other students, too. We don't know how long he was out after Ben pulled the roof down on him. Long enough for the main facility to be fully-involved and not yet a burned-out husk -- but we have no way to know what Ben did after he left Luke there, or how long it took. Hours, probably.

I can't help but remember the footage shot on Skellig Michael with the Knights of Ren, and wonder if that's some of the stuff that will show up in Episode IX. If Rey goes back there to find out what happened to Luke, and Kylo follows her, or something. *shrug* We'll see.

As for Ben's lightsaber, I'm annoyed it isn't in the Visual Dictionary. I haven't gone through the art-of book yet, so I don't know if it's in there.

The visual dictionary is a big let down this year....

And considering it contains photos of the other props ON THE SAME TABLE as that saber, I'm sure photos of it exist.

Yeah-- I know this is the prop forum, but I like to think Rey's vision of the Kylo and the Knights is of the future. I don't think it was intended that way, but after seeing Ben and Luke's versions in TLJ, that vision doesn't fit.

I assume Ben had a regular lightsaber and in going dark wanted to evoke something old and went with the ancient cross-gaurd design which is over-clocking the crystal-- hence the crackling, the wire, etc.

I don't go for all that synthetic Sith crystal nonsense.

I like that idea - it was the future. Luke's first vision was of the future as well.

Now that he's 'in charge', having his own group would feed in his ego issues. Plus, as Luke says in the description of the night's event's, 'he disappeared with students'. I believe it was said some died, but he did 'take' others. He could have used his story to turn them to his side, and with the sith gone, he creates the Knights of Ren between 8-9.

I've got the initial renders of Ben solos lightsaber done. Modding from My v2, but it just doesn't look right yet. Even if it's a straight mod, it should look ok. Will play with it some more, but expect a run to open soon :D

rOuEkA2.jpg

aNRzHG7.jpg

q6bGltt.jpg

To me the neck seems abnormally long compared to the photo we have seen from the film. But this is truly the Kylo saber with the quillion removed. We're still playing with perspective some to see if maybe they made some other changes to the saber, instead of simply using a modded crossguard. Since we only see one side of it there is no way to know if the destroyed cutout exists, but I"m willing to take a flying guess it's not there.

The core cutout is clearly something that was either done when it cracked and became unstable where he had to find a way to vent it, or he tore it open in order to easily tease the electronics to handle the new cracked crystal. In the TLJ VD it shows Kylos saber crossguard and it mentions the core is exposed to easier access and modify the electronics.

It is interesting how things have changed, now the search for screen grabs are back on all over again. In 2005 there would have been an officially licensed prop for sale before the movie came out and we were even aware this scene existed.

Except this wouldn't have made the pre-sales. it'd probably way down the list as it got a split second of screen time more in the background than anything else.

The'd pre-sell the Kylo version and a graflex - which they've already done.

They are no pre-sales this time as there's no one to produce them. Their prop company went under, Efx could have it for you in 2028 and Anovos can't make static props.

Except this wouldn't have made the pre-sales. it'd probably way down the list as it got a split second of screen time more in the background than anything else.

The'd pre-sell the Kylo version and a graflex - which they've already done.

They are no pre-sales this time as there's no one to produce them. Their prop company went under, Efx could have it for you in 2028 and Anovos can't make static props.

Um... https://www.anovos.com/products/star-wars-the-force-awakens-rey-quarterstaff-accessory

I've got the initial renders of Ben solos lightsaber done. Modding from My v2, but it just doesn't look right yet. Even if it's a straight mod, it should look ok. Will play with it some more, but expect a run to open soon :D

https://i.imgur.com/rOuEkA2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/aNRzHG7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/q6bGltt.jpg

To me the neck seems abnormally long compared to the photo we have seen from the film. But this is truly the Kylo saber with the quillion removed. We're still playing with perspective some to see if maybe they made some other changes to the saber, instead of simply using a modded crossguard. Since we only see one side of it there is no way to know if the destroyed cutout exists, but I"m willing to take a flying guess it's not there.

The core cutout is clearly something that was either done when it cracked and became unstable where he had to find a way to vent it, or he tore it open in order to easily tease the electronics to handle the new cracked crystal. In the TLJ VD it shows Kylos saber crossguard and it mentions the core is exposed to easier access and modify the electronics.

Any idea what the price range might be for a reproduction of this one?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back