My Star Destroyer

Socrates11

Still new in this world but I enjoy it a lot.. got a new model done. It's the Ravelling 1:2700 star destroyer on a fantasy strand. The star destroyer can just be picked up from the stand (power with a connector on one of the stands). Very pleased to be honest. Now working on the Republic star destroyer :)

8f90d2c591728c9844436dcf1764673f.jpg
0bebc7921a8a2dbd05467be3a62a51a8.jpg
d7cc5e1ca49580d79d79f5b58104bb86.jpg
27392159a6a3f2de5c85fbe97e990301.jpg
c73daecc44cf9349e2ac3552f94138ba.jpg
0fb99d7e058c0f08c2451289a1df3645.jpg
f34f2322dc4111c85744f91614b38760.jpg
f1b80dc6a9ebc2fb02e30e1a682b03d2.jpg
93503e3ffd313ba048d2cc6144bb2ca1.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

Good lighting with "warm" lights as it should be.
Paneling is not overdone, some builds go too dark and it ruins the sense of scale.

Another joins the fleet!

Good lighting with "warm" lights as it should be.
Paneling is not overdone, some builds go too dark and it ruins the sense of scale.

Another joins the fleet!
Th@nks :)
Yes warm white is more like the original.. I don't like the blue versions there are or there. I have flickering blue engines. And a few random red lights. If I would do it a second time the results would be even much better but for a first try I'm proud.. but I don't even dare to say the amount of hrs I put it in... It's totally crazy!!!

Great work. I got into this hobby a little over a year ago, and LED lighting is something I have yet to attempt. If you don't mind sharing, did you order a kit or rig the lights up yourself. I picked up this kit with the intention of it being my first run with lighting. I was in a local Dollar Tree (local discount store) and found a string of blue LED lights (12 if I remember correctly) that run on 2 AA batteries - the size and brightness would look really good for the "small" engines - picked up a couple of strings with white LEDs and a couple with yellow to possibly light up the hull.

I'm considering using these lights if I can find a way to connect all the strings to one power source. (I haven't done the research yet to see if this would work - but thought it'd be a good first project to begin learning lighting).

Anyway, great Destroyer.

Great work. I got into this hobby a little over a year ago, and LED lighting is something I have yet to attempt. If you don't mind sharing, did you order a kit or rig the lights up yourself. I picked up this kit with the intention of it being my first run with lighting. I was in a local Dollar Tree (local discount store) and found a string of blue LED lights (12 if I remember correctly) that run on 2 AA batteries - the size and brightness would look really good for the "small" engines - picked up a couple of strings with white LEDs and a couple with yellow to possibly light up the hull.

I'm considering using these lights if I can find a way to connect all the strings to one power source. (I haven't done the research yet to see if this would work - but thought it'd be a good first project to begin learning lighting).

Anyway, great Destroyer.
Hey Jimmer,
Happy to help you if I can.
This was my first lighting project myself and have no electronics experience.
I just tried to get it done with trail en error.
And Google helpt me out a lot.

I will never buy a lightning kit because they are to overpriced so that's why I learn to make it myself.
I used fiber optic and solders all LEDs myself with the proper resistors.
All based on 12v power. I don't want to use Batteries because I'm to lazy replacing them and I want to power it all day when I'm home and not replace batteries every 2days.
I'll show you some pic from the inside when I was working on it.
54440d8ad131344a67173202212d54f2.jpg
48c60262016b4d1aff5a191efe623eb8.jpg
bbdf185446357f70cbd5bdd9c3bf3f26.jpg
82a74808be1b45e915754ddf5dc3abce.jpg

Thanks so much for the details, Socrates11. Completely agree about using batteries, and you've inspired me to give this a shot. Again, that's amazing work - especially for your first go around with lighting. Thanks again.

Thanks so much for the details, Socrates11. Completely agree about using batteries, and you've inspired me to give this a shot. Again, that's amazing work - especially for your first go around with lighting. Thanks again.
Your welcome :)
If you get into any troubles along the way just message me, I'll be more then happy to help out if I can.
Good luck and keep us posted here

First try at lighting you say? looks like you nailed it my friend, looks awesome, and the base is absolutely fantastic!!!(y)cheers I'd link my thread but I'm kind of a dunce when it comes to that. :wacko

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back