Officer K's Blaster ( rgriesbeck's version)

Thanks for the really kind words, Ged! About this one and the Deckard blaster! :)

Next? Hmmm. I think for my next main project I might be moving from one dystopian future to another! I've got a solid resin Dredd 2012 Lawgiver I picked up a while ago on Etsy that's crying out for hollowing out for electronics and a decent paint job! And I've got a matching helmet that I've been meaning to work on for ages!

Another beautifully executed and detailed build thread mate . Congratulations and thanks for sharing it all ( the in-depth step by steps ) once again .
I’ve not seen any others ( build threads of this particular model ) so far , but I’m sure you’ve done it proud . By the by , your ‘ conversion ‘ of the water Blaster PKD has to be one of the most ‘ authentic ‘ of the ones I’ve seen so far . From the additional ‘ quarter round piece ‘ on the rear trigger , to the exposed wiring ! Not to mention the outstanding exterior paint and weathering .
What’s next !?

:cheersGed

Are two LED bulb filaments soldered together, and then the other two are soldered to the black and red wires inside the trigger guard?

Are two LED bulb filaments soldered together, and then the other two are soldered to the black and red wires inside the trigger guard?

Yes, the 2 positive leads and 2 negative leads are connected and the red (positive) and black (negative) wires soldered onto them. I actually used pre-wired LEDs in mine just to make sure that there was no chance of any shorting in the small space for the 'back' of the LEDs. I just soldered the positive wires together, and the negatives and then soldered a longer wire to each of them, then led the whole thing through the trigger guard into the battery compartment in the body of the gun. There's plenty of room inside the internal trigger guard grooves for four wires (2 from each LED).

Hope this helps!

Fantastic attention to detail; the printer belt idea is genius! I just started cleaning, filling and sanding my kit and I'm a bit trepidatious about applying the carbon fiber sticker sheet to the grip. Not sure I have the patience/steady hands to cut and block out the individual squares like you detailed. Has anyone considered hydro dipping the grip? It's not a process I have tried before but seems like it could yield good results for this project.

Hey there your work is very impressive and well done with end result. I am considering making a K blaster myself and I notice your are fellow briton like myself so I was wondering what I should expect importing this kit from the states ?

Great work on this kit.

There are some 3d files of the blaster you can print yourself on Thingiverse, this one is very good: https://www.thingiverse.com/make:457521.

Here's a picture of one I've just finished
IMG_5448.jpg

Such an Excellent build!! Thank you for sharing this level of detail and documenting the whole process. I’ve been using this as a reference on my own build.

I’m always impressed at the talent on TheRPF.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back