Romans satin finish graflex clamp.

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all looking for a clamp for my hardware build. My tube that I'm using is made from aluminum. I. Trying to find a clamp that will best match. I have a 2 cell bottom and the plating is a little darker than the aluminum. I've been thinking of making my own clamp but it's a lot of effort and time I just don't have. It's hard looking a pictures online but will the satin finish look close enough?

I sure would like to know what the “standard” finish is also... is matte the shade to go with for a graflex build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The matte finish with the black text is the same as what Roman ships with his Graflex replicas, at least the V1, and it matches my vintage Graflex top very well.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

The matte finish with the black text is the same as what Roman ships with his Graflex replicas, at least the V1, and it matches my vintage Graflex top very well.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Thanks mcm!

I have a question about the Roman clamps. I recently purchased a V2 kit and was going to use a Roman, but Im torn between the matte and satin finishes. Matte would make me think it would be a bit more "weathered" right? But the black text is a turn off.

Maybe its possible to weather the satin clamp instead?

Yes, it is possible but it takes a ton of work. I think they are plated with kryptonite.

39405159012_6c30d553f3_b.jpg

40741803935_a566c4812b_c.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back