Simon Stalenhag: Akersnuten 1/35

joeydee

Just finished a personal fan art based on an artwork by Simon Stalenhag:

http://www.redbubble.com/de/people/simonstalenhag said:
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

Absolutely epic!!! Love his art since ever and so cool that some one did a diorama based on Stålenhag‘s art. You got it smack on, even down to the buss stop sign. Being Swedish that ol SL Logo brings back some memories.

Super cool project, cudos!
Have you sent Stålenhag some pics of the model? If not do!!!! I am sure he would be impressed.

Whoa! Very cool. Thank you for introducing me to his work. Really digging your interpretation. I can “hear” the two of them talking to each other. ;-)

Very nice! :thumbsup

I am also a big fan of this artist's work. I was just reading the other day that there was a bidding war to option his latest book for a potential film.

Original and really nice!
a total scratchbuilding? maybe some kitbashing? Some pics of the WIP?
tell us your way tio get it please.

Thanks all for the great comments!

a total scratchbuilding? maybe some kitbashing? Some pics of the WIP?

The kids are taken from a Verlinden set "vietnamese civilians" plus Milliput for new clothes. The bot is fully scratched, I'll post some pics.

Some pics of the kids conversion:

Being Swedish that ol SL Logo brings back some memories.

Little story behind my sign:
I didn't want to paint just anything on the sign, so I did a little research what it could show. I knew Simon takes lots of photos in nature and takes this as inspiration for his artworks. I also knew that his stories were located at Munsö island, Sweden. There's only one bus line along a road called "Ekerövägen", so I travelled along via google maps.
The landscape around the bus stop "Kersö Gard" was looking most like the image, so I decided to take this one as my bus stop.
And fortunately, there was a guy who photographed those bus signs, so I had a nice reference for my sign.

Some pics of the build:

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back