Bolsey to Yoda saber HELP

Fanofstarwars

I’m having trouble removing the black emitter piece from the top of the bolsey flash any help? 0C360947-5970-4E63-A65C-2E3F138F2BF9.jpeg0C360947-5970-4E63-A65C-2E3F138F2BF9.jpeg

propmakers trick!

Dip it in rolling boiling water for a few seconds, twist and slide it off! Repeat if it doest budge. DO NOT hold it in the water for more than like ten seconds! The hot water should soften the plastic and make it flexible enough to slide off.

To slide back on, repeat the process!

When I remove these, I have to use a little bit of lubricant. A few shots of WD-40 and it should come off. The same is true when you slid the plastic shroud back on as the clamp band...it can bind up unless you use some industrial lubricant.

You have to remove that circular metal part just visible at the top edge of the flash in your photo.

This too, I figured you'd gotten all the hardware off. You may have to grab that with pliers and pull it off, I think it is a press fit piece.

As stated above. I seem to remember having to use my drill press to drill it out. Either way get all that hardware off first then it will be possible to remove the clamp.

that knob greeblie has a circle washer on it, locking it into that slide notch. i took a file and filed the inner circle washer square, so it fell through the slide notch.

that knob greeblie has a circle washer on it, locking it into that slide notch. i took a file and filed the inner circle washer square, so it fell through the slide notch.

4CB95E3D-8581-41C7-9638-EA278B24DF91.jpegUpdate I managed to get the Piece off, now I’m looking for grips, activator and the two screws on the back. Also how do I go about moving the little knob from the left side to the right to make it more accurate?

I dissembles the flash. And used a file to remove the rivet on the inside. The greeble popped out and I moved it to the other side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When u file the rivet from the inside, there is a little shaft connecting to the greeblie. I drilled a hole on the other side. Used a dab of epoxy and inserted the greeblie with the little shaft on it

When u file the rivet from the inside, there is a little shaft connecting to the greeblie. I drilled a hole on the other side. Used a dab of epoxy and inserted the greeblie with the little shaft on it

Do I use the original hole to drill through the other side?

Do I use the original hole to drill through the other side?

I used a piece of painters tap. Lines it up with the side of one of the square holes. Marked the hole in the tape, transferred the tape to the other side, lining up the tape with the other square hole

I'd use a nail or something to make a little dent before you hit it with a drill

I'd use JB weld if you're worried: metal to metal

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back