'Blade Runner' 1982 EEG 1:4 Scale Hero Spinner.

Pencil

'Blade Runner' 1982 EEG 1:4 scale Hero Spinner. On exhibition at Cité des sciences "Effets spéciaux, crevez l'écran" Paris. 10/12/2017

Part of my pre-Fujimi-build research.

IMG_9855.jpg

More photographs here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/pencil_points_pictures-575229882523951/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1561138293933100

IMG_9855.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that this was the hero model at 1/6th scale...shame about the various mistakes made by trying to restore it.:confused

Hi joberg, the model is 44 inches long, the 1:1 hero Spinner was (if the drawings were adhered to) 15 foot 6 inches long, so... model should be 46.5 inches to be exactly 1:4 scale, a 1:6 scale version would only be 31 inches long. So I labelled it as 1:4 scale, because it is, nearly. :)

Thanks for posting Pencil :)

This will also help me for my spinner model I have to do... soon.
I thought that this was the hero model at 1/6th scale...shame about the various mistakes made by trying to restore it.:confused

Does anybody know what is and isn't original on this model?
What was restored wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
1: 6 tear-drop lamps at the top of the rectangular ones are missing and 2 of them have been affixed to the roof of the model (one yellow and one red).
2: The "rail lamp" is on the wrong side (should be on Gaff's side).
3: The red light on top of the roof fin is missing.

Those are the blatant mistakes; apart needing of a major restoration (Bill George, where are you?) chassis, top needs to be fitted properly. I don't know if some decals are damaged/missing:confused I haven't seen detailed pics of that model in Paris.

1: 6 tear-drop lamps at the top of the rectangular ones are missing and 2 of them have been affixed to the roof of the model (one yellow and one red).
2: The "rail lamp" is on the wrong side (should be on Gaff's side).
3: The red light on top of the roof fin is missing.

Those are the blatant mistakes; apart needing of a major restoration (Bill George, where are you?) chassis, top needs to be fitted properly. I don't know if some decals are damaged/missing:confused I haven't seen detailed pics of that model in Paris.

Hey Joberg,
You seem to be on the ball regarding this so having nearly completed my snub nose (thanks for your comments on that b y the way) I've ordered a Fujimi 1:24 Scale Spinner and wanted to know where I might find the action figures to fit said model and what size they should be, any ideas?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back