Had Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcbike

It's a shame that you can't have a new movie come out without the children here leaking and posting everything about it.The last jedi gets released today and it's already been ruined by a few.I actually thought this was a PROP forum, guess not.

I see threads about new pictures, the visual dictionary and props, etc, but they all clearly say 'SPOILER'... So if you're blaming the people who posted there, you really shouldn't have been reading them.
The obvious Post-release thread is a no-go until I've seen the film, and I've even been avoiding the pre-release thread. So... I don't see the problem?
There's clearly plenty of folks here who've seen a cool prop/costume/etc in the film and want to discuss it, but they don't seem to be deliberately spoiling things.

To avoid spoilers on forums or Facebook or internet as a whole, I decided to just watch it as early as possible and avoid the net as much as possible. I already saw it on 13th. Learnt my lesson during TFA. Saw that a couple days late and someone was kind enough to tell me Han died.

I doubt i will get to see it before Tuesday but I'm confident I can avoid spoilers and have managed thus far despite it being released earlier here. I also see plenty of spoiler warnings about but the key is to avoid anything that might be contentious. I fully expect to find plot spoilers on a website dedicated to props from film and television.

Unfortunately, Tapatalk puts those pictures on each thread when browsing your feed. Had never thought about it until seeing pirated pictures this morning. Thankfully, the one image I saw before shutting it down didn't spoil anything we didn't already figure would be in the movie.

I didn’t visit any pop culture forum/website, review site/forum, and deleted all my social media until I saw the film last night. I remained spoiler free.

To all that have not seen TLJ:
KEEP YOUR EXPECTATIONS LOW.
You’ll enjoy it more that way.
Nothing that you expected or wanted to see is there.

-No Rey’s origins solved
-No Snoke origins
-No Phasma
-No ESB mirroring
-No Luke lightsaber duel.
LET IT BE, and surprise you.
Because it is a good movie but It was not what I expected.
PS: (I may be lying on some points... or not)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
To avoid spoilers on forums or Facebook or internet as a whole, I decided to just watch it as early as possible and avoid the net as much as possible. I already saw it on 13th. Learnt my lesson during TFA. Saw that a couple days late and someone was kind enough to tell me Han died.
What!!!!

It's a shame that you can't have a new movie come out without the children here leaking and posting everything about it.The last jedi gets released today and it's already been ruined by a few.I actually thought this was a PROP forum, guess not.

This is why I went into exile for a few days. Not a hard thing to do

A vindictive little ****** "screamed" TLJ spoilers on a facebook discussion about Infinity War, so you're honestly not safe from it anywhere. Be mad all you want, but it's obvious that you should have been more pro-active in recognizing the risk of exposure to spoilers in a completely star wars centric forum

A vindictive little ****** "screamed" TLJ spoilers on a facebook discussion about Infinity War, so you're honestly not safe from it anywhere. Be mad all you want, but it's obvious that you should have been more pro-active in recognizing the risk of exposure to spoilers in a completely star wars centric forum

Back in 2015 just a few days before it came out I removed myself from all the Facebook groups Star Wars related.

Wrote them all down so after the film I could re join. Everything was fine, until someone in a back to the future group shared the leaked imagine of snoke

I was so pissed... so from there on out, I just avoid the internet.

Worked for me pretty good this time around with TLJ

But I agree with you. No one is safe to avoid spoilers

You should also avoid mousing over thread titles: the first few lines of the first post will show up if the mouse pointer lingers for a second.

We had to wait three months for The Phantom Menace over here back in the day and I tried to remain completely spoiler-free... which was difficult.
The hype was huge - much more so than any Star Wars movie since.
After that I just gave up and read everything I could. From TFA onwards, I don't care: it is not Star Wars any more.

I made sure to stay away from anything with new or tlj in a title. I am also only posting in threads with those that have already watched so I don' leak anything.

:facepalm
1. If the thread says "SPOILER ALERT" in the title, don't open it. If you do, don't go blaming people for your mistake.
2. This IS a prop site, but you are looking in THE ENTERTAINMENT FORUM section. Again, if you ONLY want to read about props, do not venture into the Off Top or Entertainment forums and then cry that you are reading content you don't want to see.

You are in total control of what you open here and it is nobodies fault if you don't read a title or section before entering. That is on you. Just saying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back