Can someone help me identify this prop? Need for an Xmas gift!

Rusty85

Sr Member
So my mom has become quite fascinated with a doll/figure in the background of one of the scenes from Blast from the Past with Brendan Fraser. I don't know exactly why, but she has mentioned it numerous times to me and I'd love to get it for her for Christmas. If anyone could help me identify it I'd be greatly appreciative. I thought maybe it was some sort of vintage doll or something. I can't get a very clear picture but perhaps if anyone has the Blu Ray they could post a better one. I can't figure out what it is, it looks like it's wearing a suit with a non-existent head with two long striped ears.

IMG_1376_zpsjjvg2bpb.jpg

I've been hunting for the past hour. I KNOW the thing, but for the damn life of me I can't bring it outta mah junk heap of a brain. I seem to remember it from an old cartoon, but it's driving me craaaaazy.

E: What year does the movie take place in? It says "modern day LA" but does that mean the year the movie is made (1999)? Or is it just the 90's era?

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys! It does look really familiar, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it's supposed to be. I thought it was a devil or something, but the "horns" have a stripe pattern to them.

I've been hunting for the past hour. I KNOW the thing, but for the damn life of me I can't bring it outta mah junk heap of a brain. I seem to remember it from an old cartoon, but it's driving me craaaaazy.

E: What year does the movie take place in? It says "modern day LA" but does that mean the year the movie is made (1999)? Or is it just the 90's era?

I believe that the movie is supposed to take place in 1962, and if the lock was closed for 35 years that would make it 1997 I believe. Thanks for the help!

It looks like it's right at about 1:07:33 when you have a really clear shot of it. If anyone has the Blu Ray that would get a better image of it. I couldn't find anything online that's more than 720p.

Oh that’s weird, the time is different. It’s in the scene where Alicia Silverstone is talking to the guy with the dark hair in a bedroom after the dancing scene at the club. It’s probablt 3/4 of the way through.

This thing.for anyone with blue ray capture Its at about 1:21:19

Untitleda.jpg

Attachments

• Untitleda.jpg
    Untitleda.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back