The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. The TFA Rey saber had the glass eye knuling filed off to expose brass. I almost certain TLJ saber had the “standard” glass eye with knurling. This saber looks like TFA saber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the top of the grenade section!! Weird!

I kinda like it though
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180331/f3470f16b54f3758ea30a9632fc15c57.jpg

That sloped black section before the neck must be really thin, but at least we know it's there now.

5.PNG

And I'm thinking that Halliwax is right about that emitter nipple hole!

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. The TFA Rey saber had the glass eye knuling filed off to expose brass. I almost certain TLJ saber had the “standard” glass eye with knurling. This saber looks like TFA saber.

Check The Graflex Bank for some nice pictures of the saber. I'm pretty sure it's got the knurling removed in TLJ.

looks like a set screw but no emitter nipple hole! The emitter inside the ring of holes looks to be the same plane as the rest of the emitter plate, not sunken any deeper.

brass rails for sure, and a REALLY tarnished brass neck?!

skinny neck too, not sure how I feel about all those right angles

looks like a set screw but no emitter nipple hole! The emitter inside the ring of holes looks to be the same plane as the rest of the emitter plate, not sunken any deeper.

brass rails for sure, and a REALLY tarnished brass neck?!

skinny neck too, not sure how I feel about all those right angles

I'm not sure about brass. Though as someone pointed out, weathered brass can look like copper and weathered copper can look like brass. I personally think the brass/coppers has been painted on.

- - - Updated - - -
halliwax smooth pins it is!!!!

29665461_1579246702145076_2586086954303433283_o.jpg

Which means this is a different prop from the TFA one. As I thought it was decided that they had used Graflex Inc guns for TFA. Which use the stepped pins?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure about brass. Though as someone pointed out, weathered brass can look like copper and weathered copper can look like brass. I personally think the brass/coppers has been painted on.

- - - Updated - - -
@halliwax smooth pins it is!!!!

View attachment 806533

Which means this is a different prop from the TFA one. As I thought it was decided that they had used Graflex Inc guns for TFA. Which use the stepped pins?

TFA is a Folmer-- see the TFA page int he guide book. You can see the Folmer bezel on the eye.

Which means, unless I somehow get my hands on a second Folmer, that I can't have completely accurate ANH and TFA/TLJ sabers.

Great.

I have 2 complete Graflex Inc. flashes and one has smooth pins and the other stepped, some Incs have them. Or you could get smooth pins from TGS and tarnish them with ammonia

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back