The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

7e1043bbc1f80e8936253402ed4e810d.jpg

I was talking about this slot.

Its also interesting that the exposed cut edges dont appear to be brass colored... anyone know if the 2.0 sabers are solid silver or are they brass inside like the real deal? Of course it could be painted along with the scorching..

gotcha roy! let me go back now and try to understand what we are talking about lol

- - - Updated - - -

Its also interesting that the exposed cut edges dont appear to be brass colored... anyone know if the 2.0 sabers are solid silver or are they brass inside like the real deal? Of course it could be painted along with the scorching..

i dont think vintage clamps are brass? i thought they were all steel? hence the replicas today are steel? i could be completely wrong

Hey Gang! I don't think the Launch Bay Rey Lightsabers are either 2.0 nor 2.5 Korbanth's. That photo shows a flush Beer Tab and a Flush Glass Eye ring. The 2.0 and the 2.5 both have a step in the Beer Tab and a prominent step beneath the knurling of the Glass Eye ring that prevents the Glass Eye from sitting flush against its shouldered section of the hilt.

I can't make out either the Beer Tab nor the Glass Eye in the photos of the Torn In Half GRAFLEX.

im trying like all hell to figure out the ears... seems like the 2.0 and 2.1 have tall ears. the 2.5 has the correct size ears

Last edited by a moderator:
gotcha roy! let me go back now and try to understand what we are talking about lol

- - - Updated - - -

i dont think vintage clamps are brass? i thought they were all steel? hence the replicas today are steel? i could be completely wrong

Dur, yeah your right the clamp isnt brass like the body is, forgot.

The Launch Bays in Florida and Cali already had Graflex based sabers. I don't know if we've seen what the other parks have. I suggested elsewhere that they could have even bought 2.0s to put on their Luke or Rey characters to walk around the park... or it could be for the busted one.

I've been finishing up a 3d model with a mix of measurements from the v3 and the hero. Will post pictures soon. Is it just me or does the neck look a little shorter too?

I don't know that the neck is shorter, I think the bottom most piece of the emitter is a lot thicker, more like the V3 than the hero.

Last edited:
Okay, so my 3d model is done!
Here is the first one I made completely from memory:
9A28E2EE-7F15-4036-8957-C12640E8898C.jpeg
I used mixes of measurements from the v3 and the hero, like the neck and card from c3, and others from the hero.
Now that I had pictures I was able to go back and fix it
D1BEBFE7-23F1-47B7-AA78-0647F77CC3F1.jpeg
Here it is partly done and fixed up.
And here is the final version that I am planning on casting.
9C8E5D18-09FD-4038-AE63-AE8573A5EB8A.jpeg
I also tweaked the color of the brown/copper cuz I felt like it.
Any feedback for improvement would be nice!

New update! I’m designing the parts now to have threading so I can get it machined and ready for installing electronics, but does anyone know a good lightsaber machining company? I found a few aluminum machining but I don’t know the quality of their work.

We were looking at that in another thread. It seems like whatever they are using as a bulb holder for their stunts keeps it from going in all the way. Some people even won der if the eye is acting as a retention screw.

Hey @halliwax ! There is definitely something wonky with that Glass Eye at 2:18. Put it in 1080p and frame by frame it, the thing is half out of the flash!

i dont remember what thread we were talking in, but we believe they are using the glass eye as a blade holder. at first we got the blurry shots from the bootleg, and knowing a graflex 2.0 was used as the blown up saber, and rumors that there is another 2.0 used on screen somewhere i was hoping this was it! but i was wrong :(

the search continues...

there is also another behind the scenes video, with them talking about the aliens shoes and dresses, there is also a cross guard reveal on the table, in the back ground you can see a graflex with weird wavey grips and the same protruding glass eye... weird

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back