The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

TLJ compare 3.jpg

I agree, they don’t come across as symmetrical to me either. It’s not lack of faith, my head just can’t process what trick of perspective is at play if not assymm..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TFA TLJ control boxes.jpg

Is it just me, or does it look like the control boxes on are similar?

You may want to open in "new tab" and zoom in :D I've put some small markings to show what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
I see what you are talking about now. They definitely look symmetrical. With that in mind, except for the circuit board and the sheen of the saber, it looks like the TLJ version might be almost identical to the TFA one?

I'm seeing the same saber body (probably cnc machined) and just different circuit boards.

I'm not sure if it is. The TLJ one seems to be a bit more on the shiny side. The TFA one looks to have duller finish.
The TFA saber looks 3d printed to me while the TLJ looks like real metal. The dull finish on the TFA looks like painted plastic. As the films had different prop makers it would make sense for the sabers to have a different construction.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The TFA saber looks 3d printed to me while the TLJ looks like real metal. The dull finish on the TFA looks like painted plastic. As the films had different prop makers it would make sense for the sabers to have a different construction.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

They sure made them very similar then. TFA TLJ control boxes.jpg

If you look at the control boxes, they look to be almost identical. in that, they have a thick PCB flanked by two bars, which is very reminiscent of the RotS Obi-Wan saber

I think it’s 2 different sabers, all built at the same time. I’m guessing there is 3 thin necks

The behind the armory saber (heavy weathering on the box, dark brown neck, tri ring on right side)

This white gloved saber above

And the last Jedi saber with dark neck and tri ring on the left

I agree the control boxes look exactly the same construction

I think it would be funny it the glove and dark neck TLJ saber are the exact same, and they CG’ed the traces in the clamp card...

There was early speculation they cg’ed the shine on the traces, now seeing they cg’ed the control box on the broken flex I wouldn’t put it past them they added the extra traces in this scene and added the shine to all but one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont know if its the difference in the color model vs the screen. but is it me or could the rings use alittle more "roundness" on the edges? i dont know if its that, or the tool they used to cut the rings

Dan, personally I think you nearly nailed it. (again haha)

Your model's grip rings could use a little more thickness (which may mean a smaller distance between rings)
The lowest emitter step looks a bit shorter in length on screen

splitting hairs though

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back