The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I'm pretty sure I broke news of this saber on The RPF when that Target exclusive armory featurette came out, so many apologies for the years of anxiety. [emoji14] Hopefully this guy delivers and I can help relieve the anxiety with more pics of it tonight.

I don't own a Luke saber like this, but if I ever do it'll definitely be this version.

It’s all your fault!!!! Kidding, if it wasn’t for you I’ve never see it. I bought the target exclusive just for the behind the scenes, to hell I could never figure out how to get it to play on my old Mac. And gave up, bless your heart for sharing that pic.

So glad it’s out in the public, I’m dying to see more of the control box!!

So is it gunk... or a damn hole in the emitter nipple like the RoTJ hero..

3674420c2408288482562d682ed91d3c.jpg

c656b7ccf2669596a7e446a4d1c23170.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this make Romans model accurate again? Of course with some modding

Kind of. Still, needs larger arrows, different shaped black buttons, and the biggest change; symmetrical pommel cubes. Also, needed would be a different circuit card, and possibly a hole drilled and tapped in the emitter nipple And then still up in the air is whether or not this saber has the plate and screws on the control box.

When we are talking about cube symmetry what do we mean? Alignment with the box, or the actualy shape/arrangment of the cubes?

Also, WTF with that Graflex eye. It almost looks like the 2.0 eye. (Not saying it is settle down).

When we are talking about cube symmetry what do we mean? Alignment with the box, or the actualy shape/arrangment of the cubes?

Also, WTF with that Graflex eye. It almost looks like the 2.0 eye. (Not saying it is settle down).

One angle is shorter than the other

New canvas.jpg

Check out the top of the grenade section!! Weird!

I kinda like it though
f3470f16b54f3758ea30a9632fc15c57.jpg

Also... is this the copper paint on the black button...

If so, good chance this links it to the white glove saber
b5ecad2b9aa01a2e05adc56bc19d47c9.jpg

Didn’t they use graflex 2.0’s in the film?? Or was that some hog wash?

10 2.0’s were purchased from korbanth from someone who worked at Disney (or so they claim) and was giving them out to workers as gifts..

That’s straight from randy’s mouth, or should I say Facebook post ;)

WARNING: Pic heavy.

Note: All pics are clickable. Once you click on them, you will need to click the image again on the new page that opens and then open that image in a new tab. Then in that new tab, click on the image to view it at it's full 4K size.

With the 4K version of TLJ out now, I was able to get some 4K sized screencaps. The source for these pics was an MKV in h.264 so they're not as perfect as an uncompressed rip but they're still pretty dang good. These are just some of the screen caps I got of Luke's TLJ saber but it should suffice. They are not resized but some were cropped and made into multiple pics The darkest version of the same pic is unaltered, the next brightness level up is "Photoshop Levels" adjusted (basically contrast increased) and the brightest is Photoshop's Auto Color. I hope they help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Check out the top of the grenade section!! Weird!

I kinda like it though
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180331/f3470f16b54f3758ea30a9632fc15c57.jpg

I'm not entirely convinced the thin neck goes into the ring section at that sudden 90 degree angle. I think it's just a much narrower version of the sloping section (see attached photos) above the first ring and below the neck, and the angle the saber is on and the quality of the photo just creates that illusion. I think lukyanov has pretty much got it right the first time with his model. I could likely be very wrong, but I'd probably wait until there's more definitive proof /photos before changing stuff about.

1.PNG

Definitely a narrow sloped section of black before the neck here.

2.PNG

Can't get the greatest line work with a laptop pad, but you can see roughly the same angles I'm talking about.

3.PNG

And I included this, as from this angle you can't really see that sloped black section. But I'm convinced it's there, particularly when looking at the first image as it's coming off the belt.

I'm not entirely convinced the thin neck goes into the ring section at that sudden 90 degree angle. I think it's just a much narrower version of the sloping section (see attached photos) above the first ring and below the neck, and the angle the saber is on and the quality of the photo just creates that illusion. I think lukyanov has pretty much got it right the first time with his model. I could likely be very wrong, but I'd probably wait until there's more definitive proof /photos before changing stuff about.

View attachment 806414

Definitely a narrow sloped section of black before the neck here.

View attachment 806415

Can't get the greatest line work with a laptop pad, but you can see roughly the same angles I'm talking about.

View attachment 806413

And I included this, as from this angle you can't really see that sloped black section. But I'm convinced it's there, particularly when looking at the first image as it's coming off the belt.

no i agree with you 100%, my red line was me doing my best on a old iPhone. it defiantly isn't 90*

- - - Updated - - -

WARNING: Pic heavy.

the-situation-glasses.gif

ARKM, i love you! thanks so much for all those pics!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back