The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

If we are all agreeing TFA saber is the creepy uncle, I don’t think the bars a flush.

He is my starkiller TFA box, I removed 1.5mm off the top to drop the bars down lower

I think they hang over ever so slightly, even in the white glove saber I think they are hung over a little?

Do you think they are perfectly flush?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180316/6261ddd43e7b6523d4e1afa745b7c4b6.jpg

Before https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180316/b5c5cacb7ef11fbde694625fba6bb521.jpg

Milling it
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180316/d05c177c4757691b3544ff89f647e3f2.jpg
After the 1.5mm mill
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180316/37edf11101f275b4f7f5892b17b89829.jpg

I think they are flush onscreen— but obviously that may or may not correlate to the physical prop. To me personally, and the guidebook, it’s more about what appears onscreen than BTS. Onscreen they look flush to my eye.

View attachment 802910

@Kylo1 Here's some pictures I took, I'm not satisfied with them though and I'll do it again tonight. I found that using the light from my TV or even my tablet got it closer to the look of the film.

Anayways they are from left to right: Roman Props V4 stock card shiny copper traces- Slothfurnace RotJ card matte copper- Korbanth LS6 gold traces- and for kicks and giggles WannaWanga ESB card gold traces

Thanks Joek3rr. Hard to say but between Romans and Korbanths I reckon. Look forward to seeing some more comparisons

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 802910

@Kylo1 Here's some pictures I took, I'm not satisfied with them though and I'll do it again tonight. I found that using the light from my TV or even my tablet got it closer to the look of the film.

Anayways they are from left to right: Roman Props V4 stock card shiny copper traces- Slothfurnace RotJ card matte copper- Korbanth LS6 gold traces- and for kicks and giggles WannaWanga ESB card gold traces
Joek3rr What is your opinion on how many traces are on the card?

@Joek3rr What is your opinion on how many traces are on the card?

@Kylo1 I'm going to 13, and that's just because the ESB, TFA, TLJ Graflex's all use 13. And the Hero uses 13. The only sabers not to use 13, are White Glove and the repainted V3. How many do you think?

BTW the Roman's uses 12

@Kylo1 I'm going to 13, and that's just because the ESB, TFA, TLJ Graflex's all use 13. And the Hero uses 13. The only sabers not to use 13, are White Glove and the repainted V3. How many do you think?

BTW the Roman's uses 12

I think 13 too for the same reason. I’ve got Romans V4 and just want to make it as accurate as possible but the still shots are so inconclusive

I think 13 too for the same reason. I’ve got Romans V4 and just want to make it as accurate as possible but the still shots are so inconclusive

Yeah, it's really frustrating. Unless we get BTS footage of that whole scene we'll never know for sure.:(

I think they are flush onscreen— but obviously that may or may not correlate to the physical prop. To me personally, and the guidebook, it’s more about what appears onscreen than BTS. Onscreen they look flush to my eye.

ffe39a8b79bcd9603352d57189e7cb0f.jpg

It’s so tough man... some parts look flush to me, when others look like there is less then a 1mm over hang... I think it’s the paint on the edge throwing off my judgment

Green looks flush to me, but red and yellow makes me think a very little over hang, and I mean very little
12a846229cc3d324ae03d7529a1cf995.jpg

I also noticed... there is some gunk where the box meets the body....

Ha... I’m now kinda wondering... is this the same freak’n saber as the TFA BTS...

Card and side bars built the same way... gunk....

Damn...

0126c0cb6152208ace80272d56ca7a9f.jpg

And at this rate... who’s to say the tri ring wasn’t digital moved... blasted cgi.... maybe his digital hand and the tri ring was too much work... idk im stretching here...

Knowing the scene was retouched with CGI and considering they had to do the CGI hand (Which is almost certainly why the saber was retouched) it is entirely possible that at least two of these props are the same, perhaps even all three if they modified the TFA between productions.

Just chiming in here to say, I'd be happy to make a run of cards for the Roman's box, y'all just need to settle on what you want it made out of, meaning copper or gold, and how many traces.

Thanks for the heads up, Kylo1, I'll toss this new run in with the same manufacturing pass as my new ESB otis card replicas.

creepy uncle cards.jpg

Alright here's my latest comparison picture. I tried to match the color and lighting a best I could. As slothfurnace said he's willing to do a run of cards for the Roman's V4. What's all of your opinions? I think I'm going for copper, 13 traces, somwhere between Roman's card and slothfurnace's RotJ card.

I found this image from a bts on the tfa disc during one of the montage scenes.
View attachment 803194
Pretty sure it’s not the creepy uncle, but I like the design either way. But you can tell it’s not the hero.

Due to the shape and size of the arrows, the arrow plate, screws, and overall shininess of the saber. I would guess that is either the Master Replicas LE, or eFX Reveal saber.

Just chiming in here to say, I'd be happy to make a run of cards for the Roman's box, y'all just need to settle on what you want it made out of, meaning copper or gold, and how many traces.

Thanks for the heads up, @Kylo1, I'll toss this new run in with the same manufacturing pass as my new ESB otis card replicas.

Sloth I don’t see anything wrong with the card you supply now, alittle sanding and she works out great
4a6dcf08c902cde31ca0bab17fe12c28.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back