Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Los Angeles
    3 Weeks Ago  Dec 29, 2017, 6:15 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #201

The grip ridges DO look thicker...
  2. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    3 Weeks Ago  Dec 29, 2017, 8:54 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #202

dejordzta said: View Post
    Sorry for the long winded explanation.
    No apology needed friend, long-winded explinations are very much appreciated! I figured every projection booth would have it's own computer, but with only one, it's probably that much more difficult to get some uninterupted alone time with the computer while you run back and forth to the theater with your camera.

Hey @Anakin Starkiller ! In the 2nd photo in Roy's post #142, I see another wee little step between the joining of the pommel and the space where the Obi-Wan Booster would be, and then another step in the emitter between the first step up from the neck to the fattest part of the emitter.

And I still say that the pommel cube most in line with the control box is wonky angled compared to the one with the Tri-Ring.

The grip rings could be fattened up a little too I think, and the V-grooves may be a bit too deep.

My personal aesthetic wants to say that the bottom side of the final emitter ring should be beveled, but I can't tell from the photos provided thus far. Maybe if you made it a hair thinner in your model it would look more like what I imagine I'm seeing.

I hate to think about having to buy the Blu-Ray to find out what this lightsaber actually looks like.

Does anyone else wonder if lasers could come out of Luke's mechanical hand fingertips with all of them having those two micro blaster nozzle looking things on their ends underneath the 'fingernails'? Or maybe 7of 9 nanotubes or a Fifth Elementesque key unfolds from each one to unlock Jedi Holocrons!!!
  3. Member Since
    Jul 2015
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 6:21 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #203

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15EA62D8-3922-47E2-AE7B-C5132955642F.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	784133
    roygilsing said: View Post
    I couldn't resist and stealthily made a few pictures this afternoon in the cinema!

Better quality than the images I've seen so far and 13 traces clearly visible, although one is not reflecting much.
    And the raised edges on the clamp are clearly there. Not flat like on the ROTJ ISYHCANL box.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ea91fb98c6.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4826315f1a.jpg

(Sorry for the Dutch subtitles!)
    Doesn’t the tlj luke saber remind you of the prodigal son from saberforge but heavily modified. Mainly the control box and pommel and the copper piece are different from the saberforge but the grips on the grenade are the same
    Last edited by Fanofstarwars; 2 Weeks Ago at 6:28 AM. Reason: pics
  4. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 8:39 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #204

Don't think it's a prodigal son, as everything but the ribbed section is different. It wouldn't be too far-fetched however, as apparently they used a Graflex 2.0 for the broken lightsaber at the end.
    From
    Madison, WI
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 9:59 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #205

That's the first Ive heard of that, how can people tell?
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 10:34 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #206

Kylash said: View Post
    That's the first Ive heard of that, how can people tell?
    About the Graflex 2.0? The 'soft' slide switch with the hex screw in it was what tipped me off. Randy/Korbanth has also confirmed that he gave them some 2.0s and was told one was in the movie but wasn't allowed to tell anyone until now.

Back to the Hero, in my opinion definitely some fat rings, definitely one solid black bar that sticks out less. The weird non-shiny trace on the card looks to me a result of the weathering. I'm also leaning towards the opinion that they used the MR as a reference, we know they used actual MR parts for Han's DL-44 in TFA so it's not beyond the realm of possibility
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 2:01 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #207

Wow! A 2.0 was in the film?! Can u see the beer tab in the broken saber scene?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Madison, WI
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 2:09 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #208

Yeah if anyone has a clean enough shot of that Id love to see it. I know this is thread derailing...
    From
    Los Angeles
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 2:28 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #209

I was really against the idea it was a 2.0 at first. @scottjua and I felt like the bayonet slot is pretty obvious there-- and a 2.0 doesn't have that.

But Roy pointed out to me later that they could have just ripped open the graflex clamp slit a bit, it would be right there. The switch is hard to make out, but it does look more bulbous. I can see the beer tab rivet, but the tab step (if its there) is in shadow.

The bunny ears are hard to judge at this angle.

Honestly, Randy/Korbanth saying they bought a batch from him is telling... (though he did say it was Disney, not Lucasfilm-- so maybe Disney was buying them to put on the Luke actors they plan to have waling around the new Star Wars Land at Disneyland. (random guess). )

I am coming around to this one maybe being a 2.0.

I certainly like the idea of them cutting up a 2.0 instead of a vintage.
    From
    Madison, WI
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 3:43 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #210

Weird that you'd even see the slot when the clamp is clearly still on there... at least the card part. Maybe that's not actually the slot, and actually just some damage cut into it? That clamp sidebar also looks super thin from the top end that we can see...

Would make a lot more sense to maybe have made this with a 3D printed graflex?

brightened up

Name:	busted.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	264.5 KB 
ID:	784305
    Last edited by Kylash; 2 Weeks Ago at 3:50 PM.
    From
    Los Angeles
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 3:44 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #211

I though the box was just stuck to the side sans clamp-- if the clamp is there I still have trouble seeing the lines.
  12. Member Since
    May 2010
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 4:09 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #212

SethS said: View Post
    Honestly, Randy/Korbanth saying they bought a batch from him is telling... (though he did say it was Disney, not Lucasfilm-- so maybe Disney was buying them to put on the Luke actors they plan to have waling around the new Star Wars Land at Disneyland. (random guess). )
    They've got Graflex sabers on display at Launch Bay again. The purchase could've been for purposes like that.
  13. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    From
    Knoxville, TN
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 4:18 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #213

OnFire5210 said: View Post
    They've got Graflex sabers on display at Launch Bay again. The purchase could've been for purposes like that.
    Do they still look to be assembled incorrectly?

14. Member Since
    May 2010
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 4:20 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #214

Source (w/ more pics)

I'll probably be there in February and can get more pics if needed.

15. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 4:29 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #215

Source (w/ more pics)

I'll probably be there in February and can get more pics if needed.

https://blogmickey.com/wp-content/up...12282017-7.jpg
    That saber looks the same as the Launch Bay saber from TFA. With still the incorrect clamp card and the knurling still on the glass eye.
  16. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 4:33 PM - The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #216

I though the box was just stuck to the side sans clamp-- if the clamp is there I still have trouble seeing the lines.
    I think the clamp is still there and attached to the bottom part and that's what's ripped open mostly. The clamp slot is what you see clearly, ripped open a bit more. The clamp 'box' seems cut in half with part of the card still in there (and giving reflections on the gold traces). At least, that's what I see!

The good thing is that you can pretty much do this build by destroying nothing else but a clamp!! Roman, prepare for a tsunami!!
    Last edited by roygilsing; 2 Weeks Ago at 5:12 PM.
    From
    Los Angeles
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 4:51 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #217

Exactly.

Is your pic from the Florida or California Launch Bay?

I'll be at Disneyland soon enough I'm sure and can snap the Cali one.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the clamp is still there and attached to the bottom part and that's what's ripped open mostly. The clamp groove is what you see clearly, ripped open a bit more. The clamp 'box' seems cut in half with part of the card still in there (and giving reflections on the gold traces). At least, that's what I see!

The good thing is that you can pretty much do this build by destroying nothing else but a clamp!! Roman, prepare for a tsunami!!
    I can sorta see that-- I guess it was the bottom of the clamp I couldn't see. You are probably right!
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 4:57 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #218

Are we sure itís the 2.0 and not the new 2.5?

Anyone know the difference between 2.0 and 2.5?

From
    Madison, WI
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 4:59 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #219

According to their product page:

"cleaner outer surface for a better brushed aluminum look, crisp looking clamp surface, and now comes in ANH, ESB, TFA or TLJ version - with the bolts in the grips. The inside of the saber is simplified to better hold your electronics and sound boards, than previous version of 2.0 "
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 5:03 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #220

Weird that you'd even see the slot when the clamp is clearly still on there... at least the card part. Maybe that's not actually the slot, and actually just some damage cut into it? That clamp sidebar also looks super thin from the top end that we can see...

Would make a lot more sense to maybe have made this with a 3D printed graflex?

brightened up

Name:	busted.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	264.5 KB 
ID:	784305
    What slot are you referring too? The one closest to the crystal?
  21. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 5:09 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #221

I was talking about this slot.
  22. Member Since
    May 2010
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 5:21 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #222

Exactly.

Is your pic from the Florida or California Launch Bay?

I'll be at Disneyland soon enough I'm sure and can snap the Cali
    The pic I posted is from Florida
    From
    Madison, WI
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 5:29 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #223

Its also interesting that the exposed cut edges dont appear to be brass colored... anyone know if the 2.0 sabers are solid silver or are they brass inside like the real deal? Of course it could be painted along with the scorching..
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 5:30 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #224

gotcha roy! let me go back now and try to understand what we are talking about lol

- - - Updated - - -

Its also interesting that the exposed cut edges dont appear to be brass colored... anyone know if the 2.0 sabers are solid silver or are they brass inside like the real deal? Of course it could be painted along with the scorching..
    i dont think vintage clamps are brass? i thought they were all steel? hence the replicas today are steel? i could be completely wrong
  25. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 5:32 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #225

Hey Gang! I don't think the Launch Bay Rey Lightsabers are either 2.0 nor 2.5 Korbanth's. That photo shows a flush Beer Tab and a Flush Glass Eye ring. The 2.0 and the 2.5 both have a step in the Beer Tab and a prominent step beneath the knurling of the Glass Eye ring that prevents the Glass Eye from sitting flush against its shouldered section of the hilt.

I can't make out either the Beer Tab nor the Glass Eye in the photos of the Torn In Half GRAFLEX.