Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Chicago
    Dec 27, 2017, 12:42 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #151

thd9791 said: View Post
    Why did luke have eyeliner on in the flashbacks? I remember wondering if this had turned into old fashioned theatre for a moment
    SW has always been overly dramatic theatrical performances.
    From
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Dec 27, 2017, 12:48 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #152

ms80444 said: View Post
    I was also particularly jarred by either the bad hairstyle or the bag wig they gave Mark in this scene.

THAT'S what jarred you about this scene??
    From
    Los Angeles
    Dec 27, 2017, 12:48 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #153

Kylash said: View Post
    So given this, are Romans or Starkiller's accurate to this model?
    Until Roy does his 3D magic on actual stills it'll be hard to say with 100% that the body is accurate. It's certainly close in both cases given that everyone is working backwards from the same hero saber from ROTJ.

The tri-ring and the box are easy to adjust individually.
  4. RPF Premium Member
    Dec 27, 2017, 12:48 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #154

Jedi Reali said: View Post
    THAT'S what jarred you about this scene??
    Unfortunately yes. Iím in ďthatĒ camp about this movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Dec 27, 2017, 12:54 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #155

God bless you Roy!! Starkiller was right! Damn tri ring is flipped!!

From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Dec 27, 2017, 4:03 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #156

thd9791 said: View Post
    13 lines on the card!

Why did luke have eyeliner on in the flashbacks? I remember wondering if this had turned into old fashioned theatre for a moment
    that sucker was hiding all the way to the left! 13 lines for sure now tom, im gonna have to retract my pervious 12 line posts!

- - - Updated - - -

roy do you remember seeing "gunk" on the emitter? in this photo i swear you could see like paint gunk around the emitter

i can still see it here
  7. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Dec 27, 2017, 4:32 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #157

halliwax said: View Post
    roy do you remember seeing "gunk" on the emitter? in this photo i swear you could see like paint gunk around the emitter

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4826315f1a.jpg

i can still see it here
    No, didn't see gunk (funny word, had to look it up). I was focusing more on the clamp area and on taking the picture
    Can you point to what you mean?
  8. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Dec 27, 2017, 4:37 PM - The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #158

halliwax said: View Post
    that sucker was hiding all the way to the left! 13 lines for sure now tom, im gonna have to retract my pervious 12 line posts!
    But why is that left trace not reflecting as much as the others? As if the others were gold plated and this one was skipped! That's weird! But it might come in handy to identify it.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Dec 27, 2017, 4:40 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #159

roygilsing said: View Post
    But why is that left trace not reflecting as much as the others? As if the others were gold plated and this one was skipped! That's weird! But it might come in handy to identify it.
    I dunno? Iím happy it matches the RoTJ

Hereís the ďgunkĒ I was referring too, I noticed it in one of the scenes, heís holding the saber up with it not ignited

It looked like smudged oil
    From
    Los Angeles
    Dec 27, 2017, 6:06 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #160

Rings are definitely even, do they look wider/flatter?
    Dec 27, 2017, 6:07 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #161

Yes that struck me too, with eyes open like at a showroom.
    kirova said: View Post
    don't forget Kylo's padawan saber too

also, did anyone thought Kylo's three prong saber looked brand new in TLJ? (specifically, in the throne room scene where it was laying on the floor) pretty sure it was weathered and worn in TFA.
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Dec 27, 2017, 6:23 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #162

SethS said: View Post
    I also noticed thicker perfect rings
  13. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Dec 28, 2017, 9:14 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #163

Pommel cubes don't look symmetric too.
  14. RPF Premium Member Anakin Starkiller's Avatar
    From
    Rochester, NY
    Dec 28, 2017, 10:07 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #164

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Last jedi proto.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	782779
  15. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Dec 28, 2017, 10:52 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #165

master jinn said: View Post
    Pommel cubes don't look symmetric too.
    Yah, I'm with you @master jinn ! Especially the cube that is most in line with the control box. The pommel-end-bevel is not nearly as steep as the control-box-side-bevel.

I'd say the P-E-B is 45* and the C-B-S-B is 65*.
  16. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Dec 28, 2017, 10:59 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #166

Hey @SethS ! Yes, absolutely! I've been thinking the same thing since the fuzzy still On-Screen photos have been available.

Those GIANT triangles definitely look cheesy!

As far as the clampcard traces go... what if this particular seen is all CGI and the animators forgot to set the reflectivity of that 13th trace correctly?
  17. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Dec 28, 2017, 11:32 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #167

dejordzta said: View Post
    Aw man, being a manager at a cinema I'm so conflicted about taking pictures during the movie.
    Hey @dejordzta ! Could you explain briefly how movie projectors work? I'm just curious about two different ideas as to how to get the images you're after.

The first, if you have a digital projector, is there a way to pause the movie and capture the image through the computer that's running the projection program or the like?

The second, if it's a film projector, couldn't you simply lay the film across a scanner and scan the frames you need?
  18. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Dec 28, 2017, 11:33 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #168

I donít mind the lower profile black button. But I agree the arrows are too big

From
    Los Angeles
    Dec 28, 2017, 11:47 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #169

Ridire Firean said: View Post
    Hey @dejordzta ! Could you explain briefly how movie projectors work? I'm just curious about two different ideas as to how to get the images you're after.

The first, if you have a digital projector, is there a way to pause the movie and capture the image through the computer that's running the projection program or the like?

The second, if it's a film projector, couldn't you simply lay the film across a scanner and scan the frames you need?
    He’s already conflicted, let’s not get him fired.
  20. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Dec 28, 2017, 12:00 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #170

Heís already conflicted, letís not get him fired.
    HA! I'm just asking questions about how the system works.

I'm definitely not telling him to be the first person into the movie house in the morning and the last person out late at night...with a suitcase full of a Photoshop laden laptop and a flatbed scanner with everything plugged into a powerstrip and ready to be plugged into a wall to make some scans or download images into from the projector's computer.

Elusive. Hidden. Dangerous the Dark Side is. And the reward is well, more wealth than you can imagine.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Dec 28, 2017, 1:19 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #171

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tlj_ls.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	410.3 KB 
ID:	782789

I CSI-enahnced one of Roy's pics....

I'm reticent to say anything for sure until we get actual screencaps free of any sort of distortion due to being a photo of a screen... but I really think the bands have a wider, gflatter edge. And the buttons on the box are much lower and seem to be a single piece-- which to be honest, I LOVE. I've always hated the cave-build box.
    Last edited by SethS; Dec 28, 2017 at 1:25 PM.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Dec 28, 2017, 1:26 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #172

Attachment 782790

enhance

I know Dan had to do a little guess work based on the one image, but comparing his TFA to this image, I don't think the TFA and TLKJ are the same prop.
  23. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Dec 28, 2017, 1:33 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #173

Hey @SethS ! I'm seeing a busted attachment in Post #172.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Dec 28, 2017, 1:45 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #174

I see bigger flat edges on the rings, a single button on the box instead of the two, (like it were a rocker switch?), and not fully sure, but the rails look thinner and more flush-- closer to the ISYHCANL than the cave-build/hero.

I also don't know that there is a band that's not reflective at the end, I think that is the material of whatever the card is-- and that the black and gold/brass on top is a surface treatment-- maybe a simple label.

While it has the TFA style emitter, I don't think this is the TFA prop.
  25. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Dec 28, 2017, 1:54 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #175

I also don't know that there is a band that's not reflective at the end, I think that is the material of whatever the card is-- and that the black and gold/brass on top is a surface treatment-- maybe a simple label.
    Or, what if it's simply the edge of the control box and the clampcard is butted up flush against it. That would allow the card to slide forward and expose the innards of the control box!