The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

luke green tlj 2.jpgluke green tlj 3.jpgluke green tlj 4.jpgluke green tlj 5.jpgluke green tlj 6.jpgluke green tlj 7.jpgluke green tlj 8.jpgluke green tlj 9.jpgluke green tlj.jpg

Thank god I was wrong! I swear when I saw the movie, both times the tri ring was in line with the control box. (Making me think there was 2 of these suckers)

Looks like it’s the same exact one from the behind the scenes, gotta see if it has the same weathering on the control box

At one time you could see some heavy weathering on the emitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if it’s the same one either. Though I did notice the larger arrows on the control box. I was really focusing on that section because I was hoping they would be smaller and I could change out the huge arrows. They kind of look silly.
Also it would be odd if it were the same as TFA due to the fact that they are using a different prop company for TLJ and they clearly remade Kylos. Or at least made is different enough to pass.

Not sure if it’s the same one either. Though I did notice the larger arrows on the control box. I was really focusing on that section because I was hoping they would be smaller and I could change out the huge arrows. They kind of look silly.
Also it would be odd if it were the same as TFA due to the fact that they are using a different prop company for TLJ and they clearly remade Kylos. Or at least made is different enough to pass.

See I didn’t see the arrows or black button at all! Did the arrows light up on screen?

I think that alone means it is a new version-- but I'd hazard they had the TFA one to work off of as opposed to one from the archives, hence the Obi-wan style emitter. I didn't spot the holes, but @scottjua says he did.

Last edited:
I think that alone means it is a new version-- but I'd hazard they had the TFA one to work off of as opposed to one in the archives, hence the Obi-wan style emitter. I didn't spot the holes, but @scottjua says he did.

Definitely positively 100% saw the holes. I was seriously studying this thing on screen in my 3 viewings. Can’t speak for the tri ring but I’d say everything else was nearly dead on to what the target saber had. Had the triangles (which did not light up) for sure larger than ROTJ triangles. Also had the black rectangle switch.

Even noticed the neck didnt appear copper to my eyes but actually painted a darker bronze/copper like we saw on TFA.

I do feel like something was different about the control box. The rails seemed more of a real copper or metallic and the card seemed different than TFA. Can’t be too sure on that last bit but it’s just what my eyes saw.

Last edited by a moderator:
The holes were the first thing I noticed. The card looked like it spanned the entire width of the control box.

Yes, definitely noticed the holes. They were in the first battle scene when told by Kylo to rey. I didn't see the front of the emitter during lukes version of the battle when he told Rey. I would really like to see better pictures of this once the movie is released on blu ray. Didn't anyone else notice the brown finish. This color was a big debate while we were working on them.

See I didn’t see the arrows or black button at all! Did the arrows light up on screen?
I did see the black button and the arrows did appear to be lit. It was very quick and I tried to see as much as possible in only a few seconds. What I think I saw was, even rings, lit arrows, brown color under the emitter, black buttons,and definitely the emitter holes. I was trying to see the center of the emitter but it was too fast.

- - - Updated - - -

The top of the box looked more like the ISYHCANL version that the target one to my eyes.
to be clear, when you say target, you mean the one on the bonus from the target release and the one anikan Starkiller sold?

I was trying to decide if the arrows were lit or it was lighting. If they were lit, they were dimly lit. Its crazy how each one of us focused on different parts of the saber in a split second!

I was trying to decide if the arrows were lit or it was lighting. If they were lit, they were dimly lit. Its crazy how each one of us focused on different parts of the saber in a split second!
lol. That's what makes this site so cool. Collective building for sure

- - - Updated - - -

I saw the holes as well!! ... is this thread getting graphic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that depends on how many holes your talking about:lol

So I was going to bring this up in the official TLJ post release thread but everyone seems to be arguing and fighting over there. But did anyone notice the first smash of Kylo's helmet distorts it to look like Vader's helmet? Maybe it was just me.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back