The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I was just gonna say these pictures I missed! Fusion again to the rescue, god bless you man!! You don’t realize how much you have contributed to this community this weekend.

Thanks so much for this!!!

I tried using the flash at this point to see if that would help.

916a2ba7285e06e40116ed6bf9fef95e.jpg

09062278c750e037c5ebc15277eec4f7.jpg

6a1d17f4e89d10859b1898af8303d8dd.jpg

f44cf0ba45a3c6a7119cb65ef185239a.jpg

ad1e13c71000b23362f66b7076c0ce32.jpg

4c625d5eb360c5cbf7dc5f1790dd2c64.jpg

That’s it for that saber.

I have a bunch more for the other two. But I don’t want to spam the forum. So let me know what views might be most important. If the answer is “all”. I will do my best to triage and follow up later.

The Luke was I think all resin or something polymer-like. It was really, really well painted. Even in real life it was deceptive. And the join line on the emitter was practically invisible unless you looked at just the right angle. And closer that they wanted anyone to be to the display case. ;-)

The hangar looked to be metal, though. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I tried using the flash at this point to see if that would help.

That’s it for that saber.

I have a bunch more for the other two. But I don’t want to spam the forum. So let me know what views might be most important. If the answer is “all”. I will do my best to triage and follow up later.

The Luke was I think all resin or something polymer-like. It was really, really well painted. Even in real life it was deceptive. And the join line on the emitter was practically invisible unless you looked at just the right angle. And closer that they wanted anyone to be to the display case. ;-)

The hangar looked to be metal, though. ;-)

We have a more TLJ Graflex oriented thread here https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=273467&page=19

But I have no idea if there's Kylo Ren thread

I’ll see about posting what else I got on the Graflex there, then.

So many of you guys have done so much to help me and others along. Just glad I finally stumbled onto a way to partially return the favor for a change.

What event was this? I went to the exhibit here in Florida at th museum in St.Pete. I have a boat load of photos I will share if you want. Did anyone get up close shots of boushh helmet details? I was able to get the right side however, the left had to much light hitting my camera

What event was this? I went to the exhibit here in Florida at th museum in St.Pete. I have a boat load of photos I will share if you want. Did anyone get up close shots of boushh helmet details? I was able to get the right side however, the left had to much light hitting my camera

Awesome Con Washington, DC

I think these are from Amazing-Con in Wasghinton D.C. If you have pictures of the Luke saber we'll take them. I'm always curious to see how the color of an object looks different when taken with another camera.

I think these are from Amazing-Con in Wasghinton D.C. If you have pictures of the Luke saber we'll take them. I'm always curious to see how the color of an object looks different when taken with another camera.
sorry. Nothing at all from TLJ. Prequels and the OT with bb8 Finn and Rey. Tons of pics from the first 7.

it's also got the tall emitter section. and the skinny lower neck. and the thick rings. looks like it has a deep control box card area too

I’ve been comparing all afternoon, tom it’s scary how close these things look.. the SF pommel is a mess though...

Also if there is a metal version, and constructed like the SF, the tri ring could easily switch sides by not screwing it in all the way.

Dying to see what our boys here come up with

I’ve been comparing all afternoon, tom it’s scary how close these things look.. the SF pommel is a mess though...

Also if there is a metal version, and constructed like the SF, the tri ring could easily switch sides by not screwing it in all the way.

Dying to see what our boys here come up with

WHY???:confused would that copy the SaberForge?(if that's what they did) That saber is such a disgrace to the RotJ Luke Hero. It's so............so chunky:sick It makes me shudder

WHY???:confused would that copy the SaberForge?(if that's what they did) That saber is such a disgrace to the RotJ Luke Hero. It's so............so chunky:sick It makes me shudder

I will say with confidence, 100% it was either built with the parts from saberforge (minus the pommel, but I have another idea for that)

Or they got their hands on a prodigal son, and used it for all the measurements..

Look at the tri rings, 100% the same

The control box card, they painted the 90* rail covers on the end so it’s playing with our eyes

Prodigal son emitter and wind vane
Prodigal son grenade/rings
Redeemer body (control box) added hero black button, 2 screws, and custom arrows

This is where it gets funky... prodigal son and redeemers pommels are attached to the boosters
They could have made a whole custom job booster down... or

Used a prodigal son pommel, cut it off, kept the booster, then used the redeemer booster and shaved it down alittle to fit inside the prodigal son booster..

70ff07e396d0c13f73a2c26fb752f6c9.jpg

00ab21995bb509b4cf4c56d445ed676b.jpg

171281837c279397b51db98397b858c5.jpg

1bbdb688b4054246fbceb7b971257de6.jpg

They could have possibly even used the booster from the redeemer and milled it down a few MM for the ring..

Lathe’d up a blade plug/nipple and done
07848313c75d64239c840ca46782b5cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And to answer “WHY” do a google search for lightsaber replica and ultrasaber and saberforge are the first ones to show up

All about speed, google search, that looks close enough we’ll tweak it a little and done

What I love about Star Wars now is that ILM is having the fan base build a lot of the stuff

We got the r2 builders who built the r2’s

We have the electronics for the lightsabers from hyperdyne, who’s from here

And also many members here who helped build the Vader for r1

We are a breed of our own.. we sit back and examine pictures for countless hours out of the day (my whole afternoon) examining and cataloging every little chip, hole, smudge, rivet, screw...

Prop department doesn’t give a damn about that, they are told we need this Friday, and it’s Monday, they do what ever is the fastest..

The prop department doesn’t put in the hours we have here looking at every little thing... “close enough, good, send it to the prop master”

Another thing is many prop makers will purposely “screw” with us rpf members.. by tweaking little things here and there..

Brass glass eye (my own theory) but I know for a fact of another prop that was scene in TFA and was tweaked only to wink at us prop replica guys, teasing us

So the prop makers can do what ever they want, even if it breaks consistency...

I will say with confidence, 100% it was either built with the parts from saberforge (minus the pommel, but I have another idea for that)

Or they got their hands on a prodigal son, and used it for all the measurements..

Look at the tri rings, 100% the same

The control box card, they painted the 90* rail covers on the end so it’s playing with our eyes

Prodigal son emitter and wind vane
Prodigal son grenade/rings
Redeemer body (control box) added hero black button, 2 screws, and custom arrows

This is where it gets funky... prodigal son and redeemers pommels are attached to the boosters
They could have made a whole custom job booster down... or

Used a prodigal son pommel, cut it off, kept the booster, then used the redeemer booster and shaved it down alittle to fit inside the prodigal son booster..

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180402/70ff07e396d0c13f73a2c26fb752f6c9.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180402/00ab21995bb509b4cf4c56d445ed676b.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180402/171281837c279397b51db98397b858c5.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180402/1bbdb688b4054246fbceb7b971257de6.jpg

They could have possibly even used the booster from the redeemer and milled it down a few MM for the ring..

Lathe’d up a blade plug/nipple and done
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180402/07848313c75d64239c840ca46782b5cf.jpg

Wow! I think you have hit the nail on the head! I didn't think to use some redeemer parts. But that pommel, I think that's what they may have done. So maybe there is an FX saber out there? That was built using more or less SaberForge parts?

Wow! I think you have hit the nail on the head! I didn't think to use some redeemer parts. But that pommel, I think that's what they may have done. So maybe there is an FX saber out there? That was built using more or less SaberForge parts?

The tri ring makes me believe 100% it’s saberforge parts, because theirs have those very large radius turns in the corners

Lol always looked horrible

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back