Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Mar 2018
    Messages
    3
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 6, 2018, 5:03 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #926

    guys, have any of you got a saberfont for this saber? the quality of sound in tlj is much better than the old films so i was wondering if there was anything new so i dont have to use an old rotj font
  2. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Messages
    10,457
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 6, 2018, 5:04 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #927

    Sammc1812 said: View Post
    guys, have any of you got a saberfont for this saber? the quality of sound in tlj is much better than the old films so i was wondering if there was anything new so i dont have to use an old rotj font
    I defiantly think the TLJ graflex has a different ignition then the TFA graflex, but I donít know of any new TLJ sound fonts yet


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. RPF Premium Member
    Member Since
    Jul 1999
    From
    Austin, TX
    Messages
    1,177
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 6, 2018, 5:10 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #928

    SethS said: View Post
    Outside of the MoM Vader saber, the Ranch saber, and the V3, I canít think of single instance when a museum display saber had any onscreen pedigree. Just food for thought.

    edit: no matter what the placards say!
    Not to get too sidetracked but don't forget that the Barbican Vader is the retrofitted ANH Vader motorized stunt.
  4. Joek3rr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2018
    Messages
    244
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 6, 2018, 5:53 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #929

    halliwax said: View Post
    I defiantly think the TLJ graflex has a different ignition then the TFA graflex, but I don’t know of any new TLJ sound fonts yet


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love a soundfont based off of Battlefront 2. The sabers have a very vicious sound to them.
  5. Joek3rr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2018
    Messages
    244
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 6, 2018, 6:16 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #930

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New canvas.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	807880

    Just made this for myself, and thought I'd put it up here
    Last edited by Joek3rr; 2 Weeks Ago at 6:57 PM.
  6. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Messages
    19
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 6, 2018, 11:44 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #931

    I really have a hard time buying that the shots of the saber in Luke's hard are CG. I'm willing to bet that the saber and prosthetic hand are physical props. If not, the amount of detail would be astonishing for such a short clip. Look at the enhanced photos. You can see the reflection of the inside of Luke's sleeve in the saber. I'm sure they had to CG his hand in the full body shots but I'm sure they used a physical saber hilt with a glove like the Graflex scenes with Rey.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reflection.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	807924
  7. Joek3rr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2018
    Messages
    244
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 7, 2018, 12:30 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #932

    Jettech said: View Post
    I really have a hard time buying that the shots of the saber in Luke's hard are CG. I'm willing to bet that the saber and prosthetic hand are physical props. If not, the amount of detail would be astonishing for such a short clip. Look at the enhanced photos. You can see the reflection of the inside of Luke's sleeve in the saber. I'm sure they had to CG his hand in the full body shots but I'm sure they used a physical saber hilt with a glove like the Graflex scenes with Rey.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reflection.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	807924
    There's a lot of CG going on in this shot. Namely the black buttons on the side should have a sort of V shaped notch. But yet it looks like one button with only a sliver of reflection leftover from where the notch used to be. Secondly where the box meets the body of the saber. If you follow that line, it disappears behind the black buttons, and comes out in a different spot. So it looks like the box has an angle to it. But without footage of them filming that scene we'll never know
  8. SethS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2016
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    2,531
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 7, 2018, 1:23 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #933

    Again, let’s not confuse cg, which implies 3D rendered models, with roto/retouching, which is also done digitally. I don’t think anyone is saying the TLJ saber is CG, but frame by frame comparisons verify without doubt retouching is going on.
  9. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Messages
    10,457
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 7, 2018, 7:18 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #934

    There is CG cover up EVERYWHERE in this damn film and it really erks me...

    Reyís broke graflex (real horrible job at CG too)

    Lukeís green t**** milk bottle... heís climbing the rocks with a practical bottle, then bends over and the bottle magically turns into the beauitful bottle I love... and when he drops his bag itís back to the normal practical bottle

    Phasmaís crack in her helmet... the crack goes all the way down the helmet explain your eye to her chin and mouth... somewhere they changed their mind and CGíed in some greeblies to cover her mouth and chin, and only expose her eye..

    And I will fight to the last breath that cheeked mouth is all CGíed up... even though Johnson says no...

    I have NO doubt, the creepy uncle went under the same treatment...

    And this point in my life, Iím so disgusted with this film I donít even care anymore. My tribute saber will be the white glove saber... so tired of the CG cover up crap


    Can you tell Iím not a morning person lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Joek3rr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2018
    Messages
    244
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 7, 2018, 8:56 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #935

    I sometimes wonder if there is a really good reason for CG edits that occur in films these days. Sometimes it just doesn't make sense. But I'm not a film maker, so what do I know

    - - - Updated - - -

    And about that broken Graflex, I guess it's Canon again that lightsabers have two crystals?
  11. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Messages
    10,457
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 7, 2018, 9:02 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #936

    Creepy uncle was under stable because of the cgi hand

    But phasma the bottle and the broken flex...

    Well I donít see why they couldnít make a broken flex... I think honestly they are just getting lazy....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Messages
    10,457
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 7, 2018, 9:14 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #937

    Another cgi touch up is snokes right arm/hand...

    There is a practical hand that cups Reyís face, they ended up touching up the entire thing... fabric sleeve and all


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. SethS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2016
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    2,531
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 7, 2018, 10:55 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #938

    At least it's better than AOTC which gave us full CG Clone Troopers instead of just putting some dudes in suits so ILM could advertise to Hollywood how good their mocap system was.
  14. RPF Premium Member kevin926's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Messages
    1,525
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 7, 2018, 2:52 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #939

    I don't understand why these use cgi in background scenes when they already have the real background. Example is the scene in Maz's cantina when Fin and Rey were talking. The entire background was cgi, and it looked funny. What's the point? They already had the cantina with actors. Cgi has it's place for sure. Alot of newer movies could never have been made without it. However, I do believe it's now become overused.
  15. AnubisGuard's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2001
    Messages
    928
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 7, 2018, 2:58 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #940

    ^Was that scene shot in pickups? They may have struck the set by then.
  16. RPF Premium Member Fusion's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2016
    From
    Washington DC
    Messages
    282
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 7, 2018, 3:45 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #941

    As previously requested. Some shots of the Kylo from Awesomcon DC:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2411.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	808038Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2388.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	808040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2362.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	808039Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2390.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	808041Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2344.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	808042

    - - - Updated - - -

    And another batch. So much easier from the computer. I'll put the Graflex on the other thread that was mentioned.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2218.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	808045Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2356.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	808044Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2346.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	808043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2332.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	808046Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2341.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	808047Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2217.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	808048
  17. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Messages
    10,457
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 7, 2018, 5:39 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #942

    Fusion said: View Post
    As previously requested. Some shots of the Kylo from Awesomcon DC:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2411.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	808038Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2388.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	808040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2362.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	808039Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2390.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	808041Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2344.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	808042

    - - - Updated - - -

    And another batch. So much easier from the computer. I'll put the Graflex on the other thread that was mentioned.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2218.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	808045Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2356.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	808044Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2346.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	808043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2332.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	808046Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2341.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	808047Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2217.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	808048
    How did I miss this!!! Fusion is at it again!!!! Wonderful!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Messages
    10,457
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 7, 2018, 5:48 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #943

    This was brought up in another thread, surprised they didnít CG over this seam line on Reyís staff....

    Pretty sure the budget for TLJ was spent on that overly large casino.... leaving the prop department with scraps



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Banthapudu4788's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2015
    From
    Williston, ND
    Messages
    83
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 7, 2018, 6:35 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #944

    halliwax said: View Post
    This was brought up in another thread, surprised they didnít CG over this seam line on Reyís staff....

    Pretty sure the budget for TLJ was spent on that overly large casino.... leaving the prop department with scraps
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...102961be4e.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That seam line has been bothering me also. Every time I see it I think why they didnít sand it down.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Messages
    10,457
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 7, 2018, 6:46 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #945

    Banthapudu4788 said: View Post
    That seam line has been bothering me also. Every time I see it I think why they didnít sand it down.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wonder if itís from the TFA or if this is a new one?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. Joek3rr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2018
    Messages
    244
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 8, 2018, 10:21 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #946

    halliwax said: View Post
    Wonder if it’s from the TFA or if this is a new one?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wonder how many props where left over, if any. Since there's rumors that they switched props companies.
  22. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Messages
    10,457
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 8, 2018, 12:10 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #947

    Joek3rr said: View Post
    I wonder how many props where left over, if any. Since there's rumors that they switched props companies.
    My case exactly with the graflexís... are these the same from TFA just polished up... or totally remade from scratch...

    The one Luke holds in his hand looks the same.. all the others seem to be too shiny...

    I watched TFA Friday night and they werenít as shiny as TLJ one bit...

    Hell you can even see scratches and I mean big scratches in the maz box saber...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. Huyang's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2018
    Messages
    61
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 8, 2018, 3:21 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #948

    Maybe Rey buffed it out? Seriously though. What the heck IS that seem line in her staff?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Messages
    10,457
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 8, 2018, 3:23 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #949

    Huyang said: View Post
    Maybe Rey buffed it out? Seriously though. What the heck IS that seem line in her staff?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She quite possibly did. The seam line is from
    Them casting it and not touching it up

    Usually you would sand down the seam, fill it and make it smooth...

    Total rush job, they pulled it out of the mold and painted it, seam line and all

    Just like the white glove saber

    More and more I think of it, the more I believe because of the big casino, and big costs on filming on the island, they skimped on other Props...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. Joek3rr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2018
    Messages
    244
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 8, 2018, 6:20 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #950

    halliwax said: View Post
    She quite possibly did. The seam line is from
    Them casting it and not touching it up

    Usually you would sand down the seam, fill it and make it smooth...

    Total rush job, they pulled it out of the mold and painted it, seam line and all

    Just like the white glove saber

    More and more I think of it, the more I believe because of the big casino, and big costs on filming on the island, they skimped on other Props...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fun Fact: The big Casino planet was originally going to be in TFA

Similar Threads

  1. SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant
    ZombieBait, Star Wars Costumes and Props
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Dec 8, 2017, 11:06 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Dec 25, 2015, 10:12 PM
  3. Spiderman 3 picture spoiler inside
    nwjedidave, Marvel Costumes and Props
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar 28, 2007, 5:38 PM