The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I have more - I think. But my phone is doing something weird and I want to make sure I’m not spamming with duplicates.

Sorry I didn’t do a better job of documentation. I assumed pretty much everyone here knows / has access to way more information than I.

Anyway, I will send any more I have once I sort out my phone.

Impressions: The Graflex looked real to me. Expect for the clamp which looked like a repro - no writing and sharply stamped square holes. Strangely, though, the lever looked correct. The bottom looked like a Graflex with solder or something smooshed on the outside of the Kobold clamp to cover up the writing. You can barely make out the stamping under the Kobold itself. I looked for Folmer and was not convinced it was there.

The glass eye DID look weird to me. At first at thought it might be one of the fake mirror ones. But I think I could see through the glass to dirt inside/underneath. The outside of the eye was turned quite aggressively, and looked like aged brass. It definitely looked like a shiny newer Graflex Patent number eye; and not the flatter one associated with the earlier Folmers. I have seen both for reference.

Also, the flat rivet holding on the (broken) beer tab seemed to be polished down to the brass.

Sorry I did not look so closely at the other two. I didn’t notice a hole in the side of emitter of the Luke. I wasn’t really looking for it. But I think it would have stood out as a little weird to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The clamp has a cover, you can see it in the windows. That's why the detail looks smoother/newer.

@Fusion - THANKS!

If these are indeed used onscreen, these are by far the best pics we've ever seen of them.

Feel like the Luke saber here is definitely the white glove... and holy god is that box ugly. Worse than the original cave build hero box. @halliwax I know you hate it-- but I thank the stars for the retouching they did on this thing to make it not suck so much on screen.

Kylo saber-- it doesn't quite have the matte finish as seen onscreen in TLJ or the rough finish of the TFA version. This looks like a replica-- is the endcap red? I can't tell.

Graflex-- definitely a vintage-- love seeing a bit of the copyright stamp, looks like their endcap isn't a fully circle. Better angle on the eye-- definitely an early folmer-- smooth pins too. Pitting on the bunny ear band is legit. Question is now though-- was this used onscreen or not? The finish doesn't match the SWS video one or anything seen onscreen for TLJ. It almost looks like a TFA saber. If it weren't for the rivets I'd say it looks like the batch made for the Launch Bay displays.

Lol Seth you know me too well!!

I have been staring at the weathering on the windvane for hours

I feel pretty confident that this is the white glove saber, can we prove the white glove and creepy uncle are the same? With all the CGI work I don’t know..

I am not really trying to copy what’s on screen, I want to replicate what it looks like in real life

The screws look much larger, I have been playing around with arrow sizes and I think 7mm on all three sides fits pretty well. But the screws under these arrows are huge compared to the RoTJ screws

The control box is a pretty big let down, and now we pretty much know why they did such a heavy cgi touch up to this thing

I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere else.. it’s probably the angle the picture was taken, but does the windvane look longer then normal? Also this step (between the 2 arrows)looks longer as well ... think it’s just the angle
12e49bdd677d82f3058b1db7de4384c2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have more - I think. But my phone is doing something weird and I want to make sure I’m not spamming with duplicates.

Sorry I didn’t do a better job of documentation. I assumed pretty much everyone here knows / has access to way more information than I.

Anyway, I will send any more I have once I sort out my phone.

Impressions: The Graflex looked real to me. Expect for the clamp which looked like a repro - no writing and sharply stamped square holes. Strangely, though, the lever looked correct. The bottom looked like a Graflex with solder or something smooshed on the outside of the Kobold clamp to cover up the writing. You can barely make out the stamping under the Kobold itself. I looked for Folmer and was not convinced it was there.

The glass eye DID look weird to me. At first at thought it might be one of the fake mirror ones. But I think I could see through the glass to dirt inside/underneath. The outside of the eye was turned quite aggressively, and looked like aged brass. It definitely looked like a shiny newer Graflex Patent number eye; and not the flatter one associated with the earlier Folmers. I have seen both for reference.

Also, the flat rivet holding on the (broken) beer tab seemed to be polished down to the brass.

Sorry I did not look so closely at the other two. I didn’t notice a hole in the side of emitter of the Luke. I wasn’t really looking for it. But I think it would have stood out as a little weird to me.

You don’t know how much we all (especially myself) appreciate you sharing all these pictures. I’m really interested in seeing every single picture you took of them

Please don’t forget about us once you get things sorted out, you are our only hope! ;)

Still working the picture duplicate thing it out.

Not to disappoint. But I did look to see if the pins were smooth or tipped. They were very dark. But I remember not being convinced they were actually smooth, either.

Sure looks like screws, but no plate?!?!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180401/f3bbe960255496dbeca8cda80d06a00d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks like the arrows have been painted on and don't think the "screws" are actually screws

- - - Updated - - -

@Fusion - THANKS!

If these are indeed used onscreen, these are by far the best pics we've ever seen of them.

Feel like the Luke saber here is definitely the white glove... and holy god is that box ugly. Worse than the original cave build hero box. @halliwax I know you hate it-- but I thank the stars for the retouching they did on this thing to make it not suck so much on screen.

This reinforces my theory that this saber wasn't intended to be a "hero" prop. Hence the load CG retouching.

This looks like the arrows have been painted on and don't think the "screws" are actually screws

- - - Updated - - -

This reinforces my theory that this saber wasn't intended to be a "hero" prop. Hence the load CG retouching.

The arrows clearly cast shadows. Definitely not painted

love seeing a bit of the copyright stamp, looks like their endcap isn't a fully circle.

The bottom looked like a Graflex with solder or something smooshed on the outside of the Kobold clamp to cover up the writing.

Definitely looks like heavy-gauge metal foil tape on either side of the Kobold clamp - you can see where it goes up onto the side of the clamp a little bit:

61e53b7393bf442d78dfa881f14761a5.jpg

Also, the T-track sure looks like it has been painted, or at the very least clear coated - that doesn't look like the surface sheen of extruded plastic.

Above the "copper" neck on both the white glove saber and the Awesomecon Luke TLJ saber (which may be the same saber), the saber looks like metal, below the "copper" neck it looks like resin (or perhaps 3D printed). I'm starting to think that this is indeed how that version of that saber is. On another note, the Luke TLJ "hero" saber in the movie appears to be all metal.

Last edited:
Okay, I think that was all I had. For some reason my phone was creating a new copy - in the phone itself - for every time I attached one using TapaTalk. Not sure how on earth that makes any sense.
Anyway, I didn’t do them in order. So it got confusing to figure out.

The Graflex pins do look smooth in the pics. And it looks for the world like they had a cover over the clamp. Which I could not clearly discern looking at the thing in real life.

Tomorrow I have family obligations. But I will try to get back over there with a flashlight in the morning. If I pull it off, I’ll concentrate on answers to the questions people have been raising here.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back