The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Oh haha, my bad!

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

no my bad, when i get excited i tend to forget to be more clear. ;)

also, anyone know of someone at awesome con? and willing to take some pictures for us? ( who am i kidding, when i say US i mean ME lol ) im dying to see more of the arrows and screws...

i was hoping they were going to put this on display at launch bay, thinking that was our only chance of seeing it up close. glad to see its on display at the con

- - - Updated - - -

ive also been scouting youtube for awesome con VLogs to see if anyone has any video of it. but cant seem to find anything NEW, seems like they are all 9 months old...

The only photos I can find for now don't tell us anything new unfortunately...

2.jpg

Not sure if this has been noticed, but is it me or is the pommel cubes not exactly aligned with the controll box. When comparing to my romans, the cubes don’t stick out from the angle view, but the screen shot, one of the cubes are more spaced out and the tri ring is easily visible from this.

Not sure if this has been noticed, but is it me or is the pommel cubes not exactly aligned with the controll box. When comparing to my romans, the cubes don’t stick out from the angle view, but the screen shot, one of the cubes are more spaced out and the tri ring is easily visible from this.

Yep I see it now. The pommel cubes don't line up with anything

pommel.jpg

Yep I see it now. The pommel cubes don't line up with anything

View attachment 806450

That's the same pommel alignment as in the movie. However the one on the table in that one TFA behind the scenes video shows a perfect alignment of the center of the space between cubes, with the activation box... which is different than the RotJ alignment. My best guess is that this is a result of the pommel being threaded onto the hilt and that the pommel was somehow accidentally moved to the wrong position before filming. Now the question for everyone becomes... "Do I want the screen accurate mistake on my replica or do I want the RotJ alignment for my pommel cubes as that is the closest version in TLJ or do I want the TFA BTS alignment for easy belt hanging?" the best way to acheive all of this is to purchase a replica where the pommel unscrews. That way you can make it resemble whatever version you wish and can change it at will. Not the best option for dueling or belt hanging though but that's what trim rings and temporary thread locker are for.

Last edited:
That's the same pommel alignment as in the movie. However the one on the table in that one TFA behind the scenes video shows a perfect alignment of the center of the space between cubes, with the activation box... which is different than the RotJ alignment. My best guess is that this is a result of the pommel being threaded onto the hilt and that the pommel was somehow accidentally moved to the wrong position before filming. Now the question for everyone becomes... "Do I want the screen accurate mistake on my replica or do I want the RotJ alignment for my pommel cubes as that is the closest version in TLJ or do I want the TFA BTS alignment for easy belt hanging?" the best way to acheive all of this is to purchase a replica where the pommel unscrews. That way you can make it resemble whatever version you wish and can change it at will. Not the best option for dueling or belt hanging though but that's what trim rings and temporary thread locker are for.

Right now the running theory is that the TFA BTS saber and the White Glove are two totally different sabers. The finish on the two sabers is quite different. Though without some inside information we'll never know.

Right now the running theory is that the TFA BTS saber and the White Glove are two totally different sabers. The finish on the two sabers is quite different. Though without some inside information we'll never know.

They very well could be but with such a weird alignment on the white glove saber and the TLJ on screen saber, I still believe that the pommel unscrews (or is pressure fit and as such can still be rotated into any position) on both. Of course that means that perhaps the pommel cannot be rotated on the TFA BTS saber. *shrugs*

They very well could be but with such a weird alignment on the white glove saber and the TLJ on screen saber, I still believe that the pommel unscrews (or is pressure fit and as such can still be rotated into any position) on both. Of course that means that perhaps the pommel cannot be rotated on the TFA BTS saber. *shrugs*

My personal theory is that White Glove saber wasn't intended to be a "hero" prop. This is due to fact that copper/brass bits seem to be painted on. Which to me, seems like an odd choice to do, when your prop is going to be seen in 4K HD.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back