The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I know a lot of people like the black side switch activation and I did my PCB with circuit card activation since that's what I like (thanks to my childhood Hasbro sabers :))...

Having watched the Creepy Uncle scene so many times I feel like it's implied the triangles were what is used for activation.

Thumb position right before activation:

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 10.48.23 AM.png

Thumb position before planned deactivation.

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 10.44.12 AM.png

It's not shown what he presses at all but he never really moved his thumb to the side switch or on top of the circuit card.

Thoughts?

I think that is what is being implied as well, though we'll probably never know unless someone asks Mark. I know on the Graflex they use the red button, since its there and available to use. And contrary to popular belief, Mark also can be seen pressing the red button in the OT. It was the visual guides and the toys that popularized the idea of using the circuit board for activation.

Hey Gang! I may have missed if someone else has already mentioned this, but that screen shot in post #584 made me see this just now...

Ridire Firean - LIGHTSABER - LUKE - THE LAST JEDI - DIFFERENT BUTTON - 01.png<--- CLICK ME FOR AN ANIMATED GIF!

That's clearly different from the Black Button on the LUKE ROTJ HERO, and also different from the "White Glove" Luke's TLJ Lightsaber's Black Button which looks more like the LUKE ROTJ HERO's Black Button with a center line crease right down the middle of it.

EDIT: O.K. apparently GIF's don't work here? How about just the end image then and you guys can just open both images in new windows and click back and forth between them...

Ridire Firean - LIGHTSABER - LUKE - THE LAST JEDI - DIFFERENT BUTTON - 02.png

Last edited:
I think it's just the coloring and a trick of the light that makes it look like that. In this shot it appears to be a single piece.

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 3.27.30 PM.png

Hey Gang! I may have missed if someone else has already mentioned this, but that screen shot in post #584 made me see this just now...

View attachment 805391<--- CLICK ME FOR AN ANIMATED GIF!

That's clearly different from the Black Button on the LUKE ROTJ HERO, and also different from the "White Glove" Luke's TLJ Lightsaber's Black Button which looks more like the LUKE ROTJ HERO's Black Button with a center line crease right down the middle of it.

EDIT: O.K. apparently GIF's don't work here? How about just the end image then and you guys can just open both images in new windows and click back and forth between them...

View attachment 805388

View attachment 805391<--- CLICK ME FOR AN ANIMATED GIF!

View attachment 805388

creepy uncle buttons.jpg

What you are seeing is inconsistent roto-ing, or some form of CG

Yeah guys, that's what I was thinking too. I even see it in part as a bright spot reflection just to the right of the dark center crease, but when you blow it up and lighten the image the circular cutout is even more prevalent.

I don't envy you guys that are of the "Well, you can never have too many lightsabers!" ilk. This one's gonna give you a different iteration at every frame! :eek You'd better start stocking up on display cabinets from IKEA if you're going to replicate all of them! HA! :lol

Given how much I hate the look of the button most of the time, it’s a no braineer to replicate the single button frame for my shelf.

This is my belief as well. This is also why I have kinda given up on this saber and moved onto the white glove

You don’t understand how much this cgi cover up pisses me off..

Blu-ray comes out tomorrow and I don’t even care anymore

I bet it doesn't **** you off as much as Luke wearing his lightsaber on the right side versus left pisses me off. :cry

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back