Subscribe
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 5:29 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #676

Which means, unless I somehow get my hands on a second Folmer, that I can't have completely accurate ANH and TFA/TLJ sabers.

Great.
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 5:35 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #677

AnubisGuard said: View Post
    Which means, unless I somehow get my hands on a second Folmer, that I can't have completely accurate ANH and TFA/TLJ sabers.

Great.
    I have 2 complete Graflex Inc. flashes and one has smooth pins and the other stepped, some Incs have them. Or you could get smooth pins from TGS and tarnish them with ammonia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 5:42 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #678

SethS said: View Post
    TFA is a Folmer-- see the TFA page int he guide book. You can see the Folmer bezel on the eye.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TFA.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	806541
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 5:56 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #679

TFA is a Folmer-- see the TFA page int he guide book. You can see the Folmer bezel on the eye.
    I personally am not sold that the heroís used in TLJ are from TFA. Way too shiny for me
    From
    Los Angeles
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 6:20 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #680

Joek3rr said: View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TFA.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	806541
    That's been amended.
    From
    Los Angeles
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 6:25 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #681

halliwax said: View Post
    I personally am not sold that the hero’s used in TLJ are from TFA. Way too shiny for me
    They could have buffed them, or, as it will kill you to hear-- retouched any aging or scuffs in post. It's not crazy to think they refurbed it at the top of production.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 6:33 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #682

They could have buffed them, or, as it will kill you to hear-- retouched any aging or scuffs in post. It's not crazy to think they refurbed it at the top of production.
    No I totally agree with ya, but with the weird glasseye difference and the different shine.. idk.

But thatís hat makes this fun all the speculating
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 7:07 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #683

Someday I hope we get to see the TFA BTS saber more clearly as well.............................
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 7:33 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #684

As I said before the hero props were remade for the new film. The information comes from the production insiders. Unfortunately I cannot publicly disclose the name of those people.

From
    Washington DC
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 7:46 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #685

Thatís what I get for not keeping up with all the threads... Iíve got 15 iPhone 6s photos. Had I known I could have tried to dig up a real camera and take a crap load more.

What would be the best way to share these at full resolution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    From
    Los Angeles
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 7:46 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #686

LorduDesign said: View Post
    As I said before the hero props were remade for the new film. The information comes from the production insiders. Unfortunately I cannot publicly disclose the name of those people.

Remade from scratch? Or remade from existing props?

The SWS video claims the Graflex they show was from TFA and TLJ, (though we all know there was more than one hero).

I certainly want to believe your claim-- but I'm sure you understand a dude on the internet claiming to be in the know isn't always a great source.
    Last edited by SethS; 2 Weeks Ago at 8:21 PM.
  12. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 7:49 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #687

Fusion said: View Post
    Thatís what I get for not keeping up with all the threads... Iíve got 15 iPhone 6s photos. Had I known I could have tried to dig up a real camera and take a crap load more.

Holy hell! Yes! Just attach them with tapatalk
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 7:50 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #688

Fusion said: View Post
    That’s what I get for not keeping up with all the threads... I’ve got 15 iPhone 6s photos. Had I known I could have tried to dig up a real camera and take a crap load more.

By the Force post them!!!!!!

Sorry that was a knee-jerk reaction
    From
    Washington DC
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 7:53 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #689

Joek3rr said: View Post
    By the Force post them!!!!!!

Sorry that was a knee-jerk reaction
    Here goes:

First 5...

From
    Washington DC
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 7:56 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #690

Next 5...

16. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 7:57 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #691

17. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 7:58 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #692

Sure looks like screws, but no plate?!?!

From
    Washington DC
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 8:01 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #693

Next 5...

Okay, more like 20 or so...

19. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 8:01 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #694

20 more I love you!

20. RPF Premium Member
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 8:04 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #695

i was at the event today. took a couple shots of the lightsabers.I will post up in a sec. Can anybody tell me real quick if they used original graflexs for the TLJ lightsaber or replica versions?
  21. RPF Premium Member lukyanov's Avatar
    From
    Novokuznetsk, Russia
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 8:04 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #696

Screws and no plate.
    I'll add them.
  22. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 8:05 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #697

Matthew Glover said: View Post
    i was at the event today. took a couple shots of the lightsabers.I will post up in a sec. Can anybody tell me real quick if they used original graflexs for the TLJ lightsaber or replica versions?
    Looks to me like real graflexís. Probably the same graflexís from TFA

All pictures welcomed here! Please post away, Iíve been biting my fingernails all day hoping someone was going to post pics
  23. RPF Premium Member lukyanov's Avatar
    From
    Novokuznetsk, Russia
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 8:07 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #698

One more question: is there hole in the "blade plug"?
  24. RPF Premium Member lukyanov's Avatar
    From
    Novokuznetsk, Russia
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 8:13 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #699

@Fusion, have you any more of Luke's hilt? It will be perfect to download uncompressed photos
    From
    Los Angeles
    2 Weeks Ago  Mar 31, 2018, 8:31 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #700

@Fusion - THANKS!

If these are indeed used onscreen, these are by far the best pics we've ever seen of them.

Feel like the Luke saber here is definitely the white glove... and holy god is that box ugly. Worse than the original cave build hero box. @halliwax I know you hate it-- but I thank the stars for the retouching they did on this thing to make it not suck so much on screen.

Kylo saber-- it doesn't quite have the matte finish as seen onscreen in TLJ or the rough finish of the TFA version. This looks like a replica-- is the endcap red? I can't tell.

Graflex-- definitely a vintage-- love seeing a bit of the copyright stamp, looks like their endcap isn't a fully circle. Better angle on the eye-- definitely an early folmer-- smooth pins too. Pitting on the bunny ear band is legit. Question is now though-- was this used onscreen or not? The finish doesn't match the SWS video one or anything seen onscreen for TLJ. It almost looks like a TFA saber. If it weren't for the rivets I'd say it looks like the batch made for the Launch Bay displays.