Subscribe
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 2, 2018, 5:36 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #226

im trying like all hell to figure out the ears... seems like the 2.0 and 2.1 have tall ears. the 2.5 has the correct size ears

From
    Madison, WI
    Jan 2, 2018, 5:46 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #227

halliwax said: View Post
    gotcha roy! let me go back now and try to understand what we are talking about lol

- - - Updated - - -

i dont think vintage clamps are brass? i thought they were all steel? hence the replicas today are steel? i could be completely wrong
    Dur, yeah your right the clamp isnt brass like the body is, forgot.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jan 2, 2018, 6:10 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #228

The Launch Bays in Florida and Cali already had Graflex based sabers. I don't know if we've seen what the other parks have. I suggested elsewhere that they could have even bought 2.0s to put on their Luke or Rey characters to walk around the park... or it could be for the busted one.
  4. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Jan 2, 2018, 6:13 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #229

Maybe they needed the replicas to do explosion tests!!
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 2, 2018, 6:20 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #230

i live for this stuff...
  6. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jan 2, 2018, 11:55 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #231

I went through my pics from the second viewing.....This one clearly shows the emitter holes and relative blade diameter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5897(2).JPG 
Views:	260 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	784368
    Jan 3, 2018, 8:35 AM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #232

I've been finishing up a 3d model with a mix of measurements from the v3 and the hero. Will post pictures soon. Is it just me or does the neck look a little shorter too?
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jan 3, 2018, 2:00 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #233

I don't know that the neck is shorter, I think the bottom most piece of the emitter is a lot thicker, more like the V3 than the hero.
    Last edited by SethS; Jan 3, 2018 at 11:47 PM.
    Jan 3, 2018, 10:22 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #234

Okay, so my 3d model is done!
    Here is the first one I made completely from memory:

Name:	9A28E2EE-7F15-4036-8957-C12640E8898C.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	784699
    I used mixes of measurements from the v3 and the hero, like the neck and card from c3, and others from the hero.
    Now that I had pictures I was able to go back and fix it

Name:	D1BEBFE7-23F1-47B7-AA78-0647F77CC3F1.jpeg 
Views:	104 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	784700
    Here it is partly done and fixed up.
    And here is the final version that I am planning on casting.

Name:	9C8E5D18-09FD-4038-AE63-AE8573A5EB8A.jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	784701
    I also tweaked the color of the brown/copper cuz I felt like it.
    Any feedback for improvement would be nice!
  10. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 3, 2018, 10:24 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #235

you dont know how much i envy you 3d model guys... unbelievably stunning...
    Jan 14, 2018, 9:59 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #236

New update! I’m designing the parts now to have threading so I can get it machined and ready for installing electronics, but does anyone know a good lightsaber machining company? I found a few aluminum machining but I don’t know the quality of their work.
  12. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 16, 2018, 9:31 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #237

great new video ripped from the star wars show, some good close ups on the props

13. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jan 16, 2018, 10:11 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #238

Hey @halliwax ! There is definitely something wonky with that Glass Eye at 2:18. Put it in 1080p and frame by frame it, the thing is half out of the flash!
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jan 16, 2018, 10:15 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #239

We were looking at that in another thread. It seems like whatever they are using as a bulb holder for their stunts keeps it from going in all the way. Some people even won der if the eye is acting as a retention screw.
  15. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 16, 2018, 10:15 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #240

Ridire Firean said: View Post
    Hey @halliwax ! There is definitely something wonky with that Glass Eye at 2:18. Put it in 1080p and frame by frame it, the thing is half out of the flash!
    i dont remember what thread we were talking in, but we believe they are using the glass eye as a blade holder. at first we got the blurry shots from the bootleg, and knowing a graflex 2.0 was used as the blown up saber, and rumors that there is another 2.0 used on screen somewhere i was hoping this was it! but i was wrong

the search continues...

there is also another behind the scenes video, with them talking about the aliens shoes and dresses, there is also a cross guard reveal on the table, in the back ground you can see a graflex with weird wavey grips and the same protruding glass eye... weird
  16. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jan 16, 2018, 10:25 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #241

there is also another behind the scenes video,..... in the back ground you can see a graflex with weird wavey grips and the same protruding glass eye... weird
    Can you give me a time stamp? Youtube never plays smoothly for me and it jogs around a lot skipping loads of scenes. Oddly it makes for perfect pause play clicks for frame by frame viewing!

I did see in the next segment (2:28) that Luke is holding the connected grip rubber Graflex.
  17. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 16, 2018, 10:26 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #242

Let me see if I can dig up that other video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 16, 2018, 10:30 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #243

https://youtu.be/JSSVSFQbemY

Naked crossguard at 0:32, and graflex at 0:56

19. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 16, 2018, 10:30 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #244

The grips look rubbery to me.. they are all different shapes near the rivets, like the rivets have pinched them out of shape..

20. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 16, 2018, 10:33 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #245

Going to my work shed... itís 30 degrees in there but... I got an idea

21. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jan 16, 2018, 10:45 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #246

SethS said: View Post
    We were looking at that in another thread. It seems like whatever they are using as a bulb holder for their stunts keeps it from going in all the way. Some people even won der if the eye is acting as a retention screw.
    I remember! This was just the first time I was in control of my viewing experience in 1080p and had the ability to frame by frame it on my own.

Let me see if I can dig up that other video
    Well that makes me feel much better! I thought I was having a really, REALLY BAD Youtube experience tonight! HA!

https://youtu.be/JSSVSFQbemY

Naked crossguard at 0:32, and graflex at 0:56
    Thank You!

The grips look rubbery to me.. they are all different shapes near the rivets, like the rivets have pinched them out of shape..
    I agree!

Going to my work shed... itís 30 degrees in there but... I got an idea
    Ahhhhh, shorts weather! Lucky braggin' bastards, you and @SethS can both go FORCE one another. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Totally kidding of course, y'all are great, and I'm totally jealous of your balmy weather conditions!
  22. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 16, 2018, 10:48 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #247

I had a brushed up TGS glass eye sitting in my draw for awhile. I had it fall out of the lathe destroying it. I cut down more of the glass eye knurling trying to match was we see, what do you guys think? Shave off some more?
  23. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jan 16, 2018, 10:52 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #248

what do you guys think? Shave off some more?
    I wouldn't go too much further until there are some definitive photos of the prop.
  24. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 16, 2018, 10:53 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #249

Ridire Firean said: View Post
    I wouldn't go too much further until there are some definitive photos of the prop.
    This one is trash, Iím reliving my teenage years experimenting

Though the hardest experimenting I did back then was Mountain Dew and non stop 8bjt nes game binges...
  25. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jan 16, 2018, 10:58 PM - Re: The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER #250

I’m reliving my teenage years experimenting
    Then you totally need to drill out wee little holes around the bottom of the Glass Eye, through the backside of the brass around the screw and through the brass to the backside of the lense!

Let a little light through it like some of the fancy custom saber builders do.