Should There Be A Game Of Thrones Movie; Roberts Rebellion

RedVader1978

Jaime-Lannister-Vs.-Eddard-Stark-Lightsaber-Duel_1.png

Should There be a Roberts Rebellion Movie. I know Game Of Thrones Is Doing A Spin Off Show but they are not doing Battle Of The Bastards so I am asking should they make a Either a Roberts Rebellion Live Action theator or a 3 Night Mini Series Movie on it.
I think there should be because the few little past images is not enough for my wishes when i imagine the whole Prequel possibility for this story in the Martin saga.
Id very much welcome opinions on this and who should Play Rhaegar, The Mad King, Young Robert and Ned and Lyanna Stark.

Jaime-Lannister-Vs.-Eddard-Stark-Lightsaber-Duel_1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It would have to be a series of films or a mini series longer than 3 episodes to really tell the story in all the detail it deserves. Even at 2 hours each, 3 episodes wouldn't be enough. You're looking at a 7 or 8 episode series at least.

For me, the story has been detailed enough in the books and the World of Ice and Fire book. Making it into a film\mini series would be pointless as we already know how it ends. Also, its unlikely to live up to any fan expectations, so the chance for it to be a disappointment is very high. Why would a filmmaker\showrunner want to go through that?

Knowing is not the same as seeing something and we have only spent 10 minutes at best on Roberts Rebellion storyline and you yourself said we have 7 hours atleast of events that happened.

Maybe the show hasnt shown much of the story, but the books have. And my imagination turned it into a far greater movie in my mind than any real life production could. Plus, its just too close to the current show. There really isnt any practical reason to film it. GRRM isnt even interested in seeing it filmed. There's far more in the rich history of ASOIAF.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back