The STAR WARS : Concept trailer

Very cool

I hate to say it, but as much as I love the McQuarrie stuff and seeing it come to life, I am not sure Star wars would have had the same impact with some of those designs;

I think they look kind of dated to sci-fi illustrations of the time.

Its a very cool alternate universe though

This was when "The Star Wars" was much closer to "Flash Gordon" in terms of design (declares me playing the role of "Captain Obvious" and revealing a new observation to no one :) ).

I thought that was very creative and very well done.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Re: The Star Wars

That looks like it could be good. There's also this, if you hadn't run across it before.

As much as I like these interpretations of the original story and McQuarrie art, I also have a feeling a lot of that fondness is the nostalgia of a Star Wars nerd who knows about that early development process. I don't think it'd have as much appeal to a general audience. The revisions and polish between the draft and concept art... and the finished film make the movie we got far better, IMO.

Re: The Star Wars

I've seen this before but it is really cool to see the McQuarrie artwork come to life like this!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back