Immortan Joe + Imperator and Polecat

eriksmask

I've been on and off working on this costume for almost 3 years... a lot of the build can be found in the Immortan Joe costume thread. https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=240451&highlight=Immortan

First off major, MAJOR thanks to the RPF community, or I would have given up on ever completing this costume...
20171126_214932.jpgIMG_20171213_181031.jpg

Thank you Logan74k for the best Joe mask out there, and the equally impressive torso and shoulder armor, they are a sight to behold. Thank you Ein for the 3d prints, shin guards, and constant advice/ inspiration for completing this mammoth build. Thank you Ahoudini for the various ribbons/odds and ends as well as your key eye for detail with pinning down various components. Thank you Bryntarr for a belt so well constructed that it may rival the screen used one. Thank you Hamsterstyle for additional 3d modeling, and reference. Finally thanks to all the other Joes and Johannas out there who helped pin down all of the details to this beastly costume...

Wig and Makeup
20171212_203530.jpg

The wig was a synthetic heat resistant lacefront that I styled, thinned out, added an extreme widows peak lace panel, and painted some lowlights with acrylic.

Makeup is a water activated white, methron red/black, and skin illustrator for wrinkles+ age spots.

Body Suit
View attachment pixlr_20171127162058683.jpg
Modified Flex Design suit. Removed padding in arms, added padded belly, gel cool pack pockets, and zipper to front. Drybrushed with latex/white acrylic mix, sickly skin details with prisma markers and tinsley transfer boils. Arms wraped in self adhesive medical bandages ( advice from a friend who cosplays as Rey)
20171123_094024.jpg

Armor + Mask
20171212_205447.jpg
Again big thanks to Logan, everything painted + assembled by me. The main Immortan Thread highlights more detail on the various medals/patches/etc...

Belt + Fabric Parts
20170909_083128.jpg
Commisioned leather 2 part belt, weathered and made codpiece. Codpiece understructure is a sports cup with glued and sewn on castle nut casts in 3 sizes. 929 Auto badge Ein's 3d replica- the other 2 badges found the real vintage items. Breeches- converted canvas pants, skirt from IKEA curtains.

Bellows
20171212_212846.jpg
Sewn poly "leather" with stuffing, mod podge texture, acrylic washes, and custom filters by Ein.

Boots and Shin Guards
Leather Shins made by Ein, details on them can be found in his useful and very detailed Immortan build thread...
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=242605
Added casts of the 3d printed badges and chain link the same way as detailed in his thread.
Boots are vintage motorcycle with 3d printed toe caps, real bike chain, and a rubber lining trim.

Also the whole entire costume was weathered with acrylics, spray cans, weathering pastels, fuller's earth, tea, and prisma markers.
IMG_20171126_185854_processed.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171127_095118_107.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Along with Joe I wipped up some quick costumes for some friends...

Imperator/Citadel Platform Guard
IMG_20171119_180930_465.jpg
I had a beautiful big piece of soft treated leather that I easily turned into a quick industrial apron.
I originally made a pretty cool mask based on a couple of the Citadel Guards...

Unfortunately it proved too uncomfortable for Con wear, so I added a black bandana and did an Imperator styled makeup for him.
20171212_223353.jpg
20171212_223542.jpg

Last edited:
Gas Town Polecat

I loved all the unique masks made for the polecats. My mask was made from a plastic skeleton mask, a vintage Russian gas mask, fabric bandages, and plenty of paint.
20171212_231105.jpg
Paired with weathered utility belt, shin guards, and overalls -
He was a terrifying sight to behold.

Modified Flex Design suit. Removed padding in arms, added padded belly, gel cool pack pockets, and zipper to front.
/QUOTE]

Modified Flex Design?! Dang! Those are pricey (I have one, love it)! Way to commit brotha! :thumbsup

Costume looks amazing, and I hope to catch you at a con sometime as Max!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back