Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
And I still don't quite get why his saber was blue during the duel on Crait if he still had his green one, unless he wanted Kylo to think he was borrowing Rey's saber..... but even then, why?

You mean the saber that Kylo had also just helped to destroy as he and Rey played tug of war? Stop thinking about this movie. Nothing in it will ever make any sense or add up to a good story. Don't do it to yourself.

And I still don't quite get why his saber was blue during the duel on Crait if he still had his green one, unless he wanted Kylo to think he was borrowing Rey's saber..... but even then, why?
According to Rian he wanted to anger Ren because he thinks Anakin's lightsaber belongs to him. That being said we don't see any reaction from Ren to the blue saber and if anyone he should be well aware that it broke in half. Plus the blue saber and Luke looking like he just came from the hair saloon is a dead giveaway to the audience that he's either some ghost or illusion from the moment he appears.

According to Rian he wanted to anger Ren because he thinks Anakin's lightsaber belongs to him. That being said we don't see any reaction from Ren to the blue saber and if anyone he should be well aware that it broke in half. Plus the blue saber and Luke looking like he just came from the hair saloon is a dead giveaway to the audience that he's either some ghost or illusion from the moment he appears.
Yep. Rian can't have it both ways. If he wanted to fool Kylo(and the audience) he should have had Luke look like himself, with his green saber.

To add insult to injury, Luke is using one of the emasculated stunts with flat grips and black bottom. When a Graflex saber is one of the MacGuffins of this trilogy, please take some time to get it right.

That's what made Luke's attempt to redeem Vader so emotionally powerful in Jedi. Where Obi-Wan and Yoda thought he needed to kill Vader in order to end the cycle of evil, Luke knew that if Vader hadn't killed him in Empire, then he could sense that hesitation.

What a triumph of character for Luke. He even throws his weapon away and defies the Emperor himself because he believes so strongly that there is good in Vader to the point where he is willing to die for it.

THAT is Luke Skywalker. Not the coward who sensed evil in his nephew and stood over him in his sleep, trying to decide whether or not to murder him. Luke wouldn't think that way.

I've heard and read people trying to justify this but not only is it out of character for Luke, to me, it's just not a realistic course of action for any person.
Realistically, he would have sat down with Leia and Han and with Ben himself and expressed his concern before deciding the only way was to MURDER HIS NEPHEW WHILE HE SLEPT!!!!!
And if Yoda found Luke as soon as he reconnected with the force, where was he, Obi Wan and Anakin before Luke cut himself off, when he was training new Jedi and building the academy and when he decided to kill a sleeping child?

F you Rian Johnson, F you!

Last edited:
I didn't quite understand this tactic because wouldn't Kylo draw strength from his anger?
Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the force are they.
Oh wait sorry, I'm trying to make sense of the movie again.

I’m also confused by that answer because how would Luke possibly know that Kylo “thought it belonged to him”? The lightsaber was long gone while Kylo and Luke were together , and Luke only learned of its existence again until after Rey and Kylo had their confrontation on SKB. That answer just sounds like RJ making things up to try to explain an obvious mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who's more annoying:
1) Rose
2) Jar-Jar Binks
Gotta be Rose. Jar Jar is just talking the way Gungans talk. Rose... as written... yikes. Stunning Finn because she doesn't have need-to-know about what Mr. Big Deal is up to? Glowing over freeing some fathiers when the entire Resistance is being destroyed ship by ship, waiting on her to deliver on her mission? A mission tossed off as "oh well, can't get the codebreaker, lets just take this stranger we met". It's just bad top to bottom. And please don't hurt yourself trying to think of how Finn got Rose from where their wreck was back to the base.

Gotta be Rose. Jar Jar is just talking the way Gungans talk. Rose... as written... yikes. Stunning Finn because she doesn't have need-to-know about what Mr. Big Deal is up to? Glowing over freeing some fathiers when the entire Resistance is being destroyed ship by ship, waiting on her to deliver on her mission? A mission tossed off as "oh well, can't get the codebreaker, lets just take this stranger we met". It's just bad top to bottom. And please don't hurt yourself trying to think of how Finn got Rose from where their wreck was back to the base.

Totally agree . Jar Jar was written as a naive , bumbling comic relief character ( child oriented ) with pure intentions .
However , Rose’s character was written ( by the Master :sick ) as a seemingly serious , tragic one who’s actions( as seen ) were bordering on stupidly selfish . IMHO

Ged

Last edited:
Had to post this shot:
2.jpg

Tractor beams. Ion cannons. Torpedos, missles and turbolasers. And thousands of fighters. So the only question is, why isn't the Raddus being lit up like a Christmas tree here?

- - - Updated - - -

However , Rose’s character was written ( by the Master :sick ) as a seemingly serious , tragic one who’s actions( as seen ) were bordering on stupidly selfish .
To quote Rian himself, “When I wrote that character of Rose, she was genuinely a nerd, like someone who I would have actually hung out with in high school. She felt like a character who didn’t belong in a Star Wars movie. And it appealed to me.”

Whatever. I like Rose. I can't stand Jar-Jar. And no, not all Gungans talked like him. Captain Tarpals was intelligent, shrewd, and a skilled warrior. Jar-Jar was the village idiot.

I find it amusing that to have answers to simple logical story questions Johnson has to come up with convoluted explanations.

That's what happens when your script is a mess.

Rose and Jar Jar are both forgettable characters. Not annoying per se, but not memorable, which is a shame because Ahmed Best and Kelly Marie Tran both seem like genuinely kind people and have some talent. It's just those talents were wasted on bad scripts. I don't think it's totally fair to bash the actors if they had a bad character or script/ dialog to work from. That's not their fault.

I've stopped trying to figure out how the story works for Ep. 8. It just makes no sense to me and makes my brain hurt.

For those of you who enjoy it, more power to you. This one is just not for me.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back