Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Where the hell was Yoda, Obi wan, and Anakin since ROTJ. They were not around to give advice to Luke when he felt Ben Solo’s dark side? Seriously, Yoda finally shows up after 15 years in Exile to talk to Luke and tell him the exact same thing he did in ESB? Luke never learned a damn thing since the OT and was whining like he did in ANH and ESB. Where was the Luke from ROTJ?!?! What a waste of movie and opportunity for Mark Hamill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did like all the Rey Kylo Snoke Scenes.

Did you notice Luke got less then two minutes of screen time with Leia, Chewy, R2 and a wink at C-3PO.

Finn and Poe were wasted in this film and served really no purpose or story arcs. Felt sorry for them.

WTF, was with FO’s ships not being able to speed up and catch Resistance’s ships. What bull**** as that convenient plot device?!?

Did anyone else catch the entire movie took place over an 18 hour time frame since the beginning of movie backtracked some what before Rey landed on Luke’s planet and there is a comment that the Resistance has 18 hours of fuel left.

And don’t argue any real science with time being different when you travel at lightspeed and the space time continuum because they just showed Leia being blown into space and living! WTF was that?

I'm sorry but this movie sucked on all levels, half assed acting, so so effects, bad creature design and the dumbest plot I've seen in quite a while! And this is the guy Disney is giving a whole trilogy to? Insane! And OMG how do you **** a Yoda puppet up that bad! it looked as bad as the old Illusive Concepts statue...maybe worse.

I actually enjoyed the movie. I also enjoyed The Force Awakens, but I thought Rogue One was a big disappointment (I felt like walking out). Whereas I had no intention of watching Rogue One a second time, I, no doubt, will go back and watch The Last Jedi again.

Took the wife tonight and I must say the a second viewing improves the experience, and she is reacting like I did after the first time, unsure and still processing.

I can see why some won't like it, same as TFA. But for me this movie works. It's not perfect, I'm reediting it as I watch it, but I have yet to watch a movie I wouldn't alter to some extent.
Still, pretty darn fun.

I have come to accept that I hated this movie, it's just barely above AOTC in my bottom 3.

Yes, after sleeping on it, I agree....this film was horrible

It's like the big present sitting under the tree with the finest wrapping paper, given to you by your parents,.....when you open it,....it's full of knock off copies & bargain items,.....& most of them not really bought with you in mind

J

Anyone else notice

Gareth Edwards in the trench at the end. To the left of salt licking solider?

I’m also trying to figure out who voiced the alien who called the cops on Finn and rose for landing on the beach.

He sounds wicked familiar, anyone else catch any Easter eggs your willing to share?

Anyone else notice

I’m also trying to figure out who voiced the alien who called the cops on Finn and rose for landing on the beach.

He sounds wicked familiar, anyone else catch any Easter eggs your willing to share?

Yeah, I caught Gareth Edwards. I was the only one at the cinema who immediately chuckled.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have come to accept that I hated this movie, it's just barely above AOTC in my bottom 3.
I'm having a really hard time saying I didn't like it. Grew up with the OT, was young enough to enjoy the PT at the time they came out, and I've like the other 2 Disney SW films. This one really just let me down. So much of it was out of place tgat I couldn't fully get into the movie at any point. I'm so bummed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ade Edmondson as the FO Bridge Admiral

cd0ff5b8b9dd87783c875b38572ca449--ade-edmondson-young-ones.jpg
MV5BMjkwNDIzODk4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjU2MDY1ODE@._V1_.jpg

I had a chuckle when I saw him

J

Anyone else notice

Joseph Gordon-Levitt voiced Slowen Lo, can't find who that was

J

Last edited by a moderator:
Hated what they did with Luke.

HATE that yep... Rey and Snoke are just random nobodys. Making the emporer, Luke and Vader Less special...

Making us think Luke lived and THEN immediately killing him anyway??? LAME.

And btw, did the saber cut him? Heart attack? Weak.

They should’ve killed Leia and let Luke live. Now ALL of the original characters are dead. Idk, I’m still processing... but first impression? It kinda destroys what made the original characters Soo special.

The lightsaber being cut in half doing what it did... are you kidding me?

Darth Maul and Anakin both had their lightsabers cut in half...

They are making the crystals more important than our beloved characters.

I just... uggh. Pretty bummed.

Luke deciding even for a moment to kill a young Ben Solo and it becoming the impetus for this sequel story was just so hideously out of character and smacks of lazy poor writing that Rian Johnson has no credibility left.
Luke hiding on an island to die????????? Fair enough in exile on an island to discover a greater truth to help but waiting to die? WTF?
Luke joining the force is fine, every hero has its day and all that but never leaving the island? :(

Disney Star Wars is dead to me.

Just saw the film tonight.

Liked a lot of it. Some of it I did not. I am so unsure of how I feel about Luke's sacrifice.

I know I cannot stand how I still do not know why Ben has such deep hatred for everything. I do not feel that was explained. I was so very let down by Rey not having a back story and the same with Snoke.

I felt at the end of this movie that it was a fitting ending to it all.

I cannot fathom what would make me want to see a next installment in this specific series.

Back stories are important in Star Wars Movie to me. This did not a thing for me as far explanations.

There were many happy moments for me. Luke and Leia, Luke and Chewy, Luke and R2D2, Luke and C3PO.

I need to decompress from this experience for a bit.

Again. Luke going to be one with the force was not as shown a smooth transition for the mind the accept. Reason being not knowing what exactly happened?

Is it what I am seeing that he was weakened so much and gave his all to save his friends ( This is what I hope it is )

Or did in he giving himself up and he was killed through the projection process because he actually felt the lightsaber blows?

What is left of the rebellion all fits nicely on the Millennium Falcon? I guess so.

Just saw the film tonight.

Liked a lot of it. Some of it I did not. I am so unsure of how I feel about Luke's sacrifice.

I know I cannot stand how I still do not know why Ben has such deep hatred for everything. I do not feel that was explained. I was so very let down by Rey not having a back story and the same with Snoke.

I felt at the end of this movie that it was a fitting ending to it all.

I cannot fathom what would make me want to see a next installment in this specific series.

Back stories are important in Star Wars Movie to me. This did not a thing for me as far explanations.

There were many happy moments for me. Luke and Leia, Luke and Chewy, Luke and R2D2, Luke and C3PO.

I need to decompress from this experience for a bit.

Again. Luke going to be one with the force was not as shown a smooth transition for the mind the accept. Reason being not knowing what exactly happened?

Is it what I am seeing that he was weakened so much and gave his all to save his friends ( This is what I hope it is )

Or did in he giving himself up and he was killed through the projection process because he actually felt the lightsaber blows?

What is left of the rebellion all fits nicely on the Millennium Falcon? I guess so.

All of those questions about Luke I also have. I wasn’t even sure if he was really dead at the end because of his force projection trick. Like maybe it’s something he’s been doing the whole time? I dunno, definitely just my wishful thinking.

Once again, Star Wars: The Last Jedi manages to bring back everything that made its predecessor worth seeing. It was worth all the hype it deserves which makes it another one of the best of this year and the only movie with such a score automatically makes this one of the best films of this year in my opinion. What makes this film truly deserves the score are the surprises it gives us. Like literally, they are completely unexpected and aren't forced onto the film unlike every other film that were released this year I see as a joke. To tell what it attempts to do is completely difficult to say in a couple of words because they keep changing as the film progresses to its end and I got to say, księgowa Jelenia Góra it was worth waiting for another great film of this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back