Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
No more "specious" than using box office receipts as a measure of a film's quality or the audience's satisfaction with it.

cf4ts.jpg

:lol Enuff said! :lol

Bottom line is in 10 years we will see how much "Buyers Remorse" this Movie will generate.

Like it or not the, Gasp, hyperbole of this movie starting to tank, is even questioning whether the Mouses stock will take a hit :rolleyes

i advise any one with none to buy in i have quite a few shares already

My wife is a VP of Market Research! :)

Say that about Avatar. Movie sucked, was derivative, and there is no mainstay of it in popular culture ANYWHERE, yet, highest grossing film ever. Whats your take on that?

The visual experience, that’s still to this day is the most beautiful in theater experience I have ever seen.

As I have been indirectly accused of constantly coming into this thread trolling and antagonising people here who want to have a discussion about it in the Premium Members thread and asking why I have not been banned for such behaviour, I will refrain from commenting here moving forward. I will however reserve the right to respond to a pending individuals review of The Last Jedi.

My contribution to this forum is spread over the entire forum and to put that at risk over a small minority of people in this thread is absolutely not worth it. It will be interesting to see how this situation is handled by those same people. Many thanks to all who have posted likes to my comments. It is worth noting that I have never had to resort to personal attacks or insults at any time.

Don't sweat it. This happened when the Force Awakens came out. If anyone had an opinion that didn't line up with the love fest, they called it trolling. It got to the point where critiques of the film ended up moving to its own thread where the distaste for the film was open for discussion. Funny part was the people from the love fest thread couldn't help going in to the new thread and reading why people hated the film, and they ended up posting and arguing their point in that thread. (see:Trolling). :lol

Don't sweat it. This happened when the Force Awakens came out. If anyone had an opinion that didn't line up with the love fest, they called it trolling. It got to the point where critiques of the film ended up moving to its own thread where the distaste for the film was open for discussion. Funny part was the people from the love fest thread couldn't help going in to the new thread and reading why people hated the film, and they ended up posting and arguing their point in that thread. (see:Trolling). :lol
While I came around to liking TFA more than disliking it, I definitely had issues with it. I went round and round with Bryan over the issues I had with it. In the end, while I still had my issues with the movie (and even TLJ), it still felt like Star Wars to me. Yes, I had strong issues with the creepy misogyny and borderline racism coming from some of our members - it still irks me that some folks can be so full of hate over something a simple as a movie (and I do recall a lot of the comments back in the TFA thread were about that and not necessarily about the movie). But, to each their own...

TLJ was a step in the right direction for me - sure, there were bits I could do without... but the whole outweighed those parts. Based on the reaction I've gotten from my nephew and his friends and other friends and their kids, this movie was a success - outside of a vocal minority. I wish more of the fans saw it the way I do - a fun ride, true to Star Wars.

I think one of the issues here is that people aren't posting critiques - they're just posting to justify their dislike of the movie and trashing anything and everything Star Wars (or LFL or Disney) along the way. They'll troll and they'll beat a horse to death - as if somehow berating anything to do with a product they didn't like will justify their trolling. There's an odd influx of new SW/Disney bashing threads - notice the amount of odd ranting about a successful franchise? That's not discussion - that's trolling. Unfortunately, trolling often begets trolling and a cycle begins....

critique.PNG

Last edited:
Why didn't Anakin force ghost style ever show up and tell Kylo Ren he was screwing up ?
Or maybe he did but like most of the story it took place off screen !!!

"Hey there, I'm your gramps Anakin . you might know me as Lord Vader , anyway just dropped by to sign my burnt helmet and remind you kid, the Dark side might seem like a good idea BUT you just end up plotting your whole life how to kill your master ! And your always trying to please a slave driver who pretty much wants you to kill any family member that shows up for a visit !
Its just really tedious . not that the Jedi were better I mean don't get me started on that . well any way if you do stay dark just kill your master already ! I mean its not that hard , just find your spot and boom do it quick . I waited to long for a partnership trying to keep the rule of two Sith thing going . what was I thinking ? any way have a good day hope this helps !

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-w...y-only--best-buy-2017/6166202.p?skuId=6166202

https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-the-last-jedi-target-exclusive-blu-ray-dvd/-/A-53211599

You can pre-order TLJ at Best Buy and Target. Rumored release of March 27th (TFA was released just over a week later, on April 5th - which means Disney is in full panic mode - hopefully, they will stay in business long enough to get this released :lol ).

Im just going to wait for the reviews.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back