Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
I stand by what I said in the original post 100%, I opted to edit it because Im trying to stop this endless circle. The tinfoil comment precede any reply to you. The conspiracy theories that everyone is in cahoots to defend or somehow make everyone like TLJ is asinine. As as far as rude, check your posts and all the other consistent trolling - just like you’ve managed to continue with your reply to an obvious attempt to stop some of it.

Again, even though I edited it - I completely stand by my post. You might need to change your tinfoil now.

I jokingly played into your first meme, and humorously accused you of being JJ in a manner that made it absolutely clear that it was a joke. Basically a mild act of self-deprecation on my part. But instead of being gracious and accepting that olive branch, you decided on more tasteless memes and a very passive aggressive all-capped/bolded/underlined piece of text buried in a multi point list. What I posted afterwards...it's called giving you a taste of your medicine, JD.

And your "don't feed the trolls" edit tag? Don't act like trying to get one last insult in is an attempt at trying to end anything. You could have just edited it and left no note. It's not required. But you just have to try and get one last dig....:rolleyes

And I still think it's precious how naive you are. Still got that bridge for sale, Kiddo.......;)

Clearly you have a very sore mangina. Curious bit of irony that men who complain about female characters and corporate executives seem to be the most fragile of character and their own sense of masculinity. Somehow I feel confidant enough in my own sense of being a white, heterosexual man that I don't feel threatened by a shift towards female empowerment in pop culture. More power to 'em.

^^^typical SJW tactic, dont like my opinion so you attack me personally and try to restrict my free speech, if you notice you started with the personal attacks a few pages ago, you are the Mangina, and if you want to go personal here we go...you have issues, perhaps you ride the bicycle to deal with your addictive personality or anger issues, maybe from being oppressed by women so to cope you crusade for feminism and look for people who would dare to disagree and attack them. Maybe your bike riding addiction has left you with ED due to pressure on your perineum and you attack any male you think might be able to do more than just cuddle. I find those who talk about how straight they are are actually trying to cope with other issues, whatever the reason I dont care. your anger and attitude betray you and what you are. I have stated my opinion based on how bad the story is and my theory why, you choose to attack me and name call. seriously if you disagree thats your right, but you are the one who began with personal attacks, really myofb and stop cyberstalking me

Oh wow. This thread has officially jumped the shark now.

I can’t hear you, I’m trying to get a hard o...,

All this trash talk in this thread.... about masculinity..... about heterosexuality.... about who is manlier....

You guys do realize you are all having an argument in a movie discussion thread.... a thread about a MOVIE.... and the movie is STAR WARS, right? :lol
Ask 90% of the women in the world and they would agree that the “macho” and “measuring penis size” arguments happening here, are almost laughable.... I mean, seriously! You are in a STAR WARS thread! :lol

(And so am I, thus my man card is probably void as well :lol)

Last edited:
Uh, I don't know why you're including me in all this masculinity stuff, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

20161119-skywalkerranch8400-h_2016_thr-1.jpgthe Lucasfilm executive team, i really dont care if the team is mostly female or not, I present this as more evidence of an "agenda" rather than just entertainment, interestingly marvel also owned by disney has had some issues with politicizing comics http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/20/every-glaad-nominated-marvel-comic-book-has-been-axed/
I think we're just starving for good entertainment, The original SW was that, good clean fun, no silly controversy, good guys win, good guy gets the girl, redemption revenge good versus evil. The consumer is tired of identity politics and finger wagging know it alls telling them what to think, most are tired of the need to feature every race religion and sexual orientation in the movies. I believe they need an all new writing team who need to realize that on some level the biggest stars they have left are BB8, R2D2, 3PO and the Falcon not people, did the originals cater to adolescent boys? perhaps but that made it a success and contrary to what those who watch The Big Bang Theory think,, most girls have little interest in sci-fi, there are great things in the reboot, I like the first order stormtrooper armor, the falcons new antennae, BB8 is pretty cool, Poe Finn and Rey are solid Characters, but whoever killed Solo pooped the bed

Last edited:
As much as I'm not a fan of how these new movies are being made, we have to, as star wars fans, recognize their history.

Even in '77, Lucas was criticised for creating a Galaxy that was predominantly white and male.

And then when the prequels hit, the first criticism (even more prominent than jar jar hatred) was racism.

That is something the new story group has to atone for.

We can call them sjw's all we want, but they don't have much of a choice in that

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:
^^atone for? no choice? in 77 much of the film was made in england, predominantly white. how about American Graffiti should it be remade with a diverse cast?

^^atone for? no choice? in 77 much of the film was made in england, predominantly white. how about American Graffiti should it be remade with a diverse cast?
No one said anything about remaking anything.

I'm just saying that the lack of diversity was a problem for reviewers in the Lucas films.

So it's the elephant in the room they need to address with these new movies.

And for the record, I hate these new movies. But it isn't the diversity I hate. It's the inability to make movies that bothers me.

^^^ listening to reviewers is the problem, I think true artists make what they like, not by committee and thats what makes a good movie. Look at Titanic, the rumors are it would be crap and it wasnt, a great story tellers vision does not require critics to like it

astroboy , I agree with you on some points . Today’s world is pretty different from 1977 ‘s , but that’s pretty much the same for any film made in any other time period too , unless it’s a historical piece .. maybe . It’s a reflection of where and what society was - rightly or no . The OT had expanded , regarding inclusiveness by ESB , and the PT even more so . However , should all future films of any genre etc ... be held to account if diversified inclusivity isn’t addressed ? What if the story doesn’t warrant it ?

As for addressing the elephant in the room ... I’m all for it , but not at the expense of a good story being told that makes sense of what’s gone before , just for the sake of it . This is Star Wars for pete’s sake .

I liked TFA . TLJ didn’t make sense to me . It’s as if RJ went and made his own film with characters borrowed from SW , set within that universe - within a trilogy ... and ... what??

Ged

Last edited by a moderator:
@astroboy , I agree with you on some points . Today’s world is pretty different from 1977 ‘s , but that’s pretty much the same for any film made in any other time period too , unless it’s a historical piece .. maybe . It’s a reflection of where and what society was - rightly or no . The OT had expanded , regarding inclusiveness by ESB , and the PT even more so . However , should all future films of any genre etc ... be held to account if diversified inclusivity isn’t addressed ? What if the story doesn’t warrant it ?

As for addressing the elephant in the room ... I’m all for it , but not at the expense of a good story being told that makes sense of what’s gone before , just for the sake of it . This is Star Wars for pete’s sake .

I liked TFA . TLJ didn’t make sense to me . It’s as if RJ went and made his own film with characters borrowed from SW , set within that universe - within a trilogy ... and ... what??

Ged
I think my point here is that even in 1977, there was criticism about Lucas on this. And again in 1999.

So they have to address it.

But that doesn't mean that a diverse cast makes a crappy movie. I haven't liked anything about these movies, but a diverse agenda is the least of their problems.

Kill bill is one of my favorite movies of all times. Not because it's diverse. Because it's amazing. They could have taken these actors and these characters and made something that works.

But their entire process doesn't leave room for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoo-boy....Here's just one q u eer* person of color's opinion.
*(dear RPF word filter, this one hasn't been a slur since at least John Waters' appearance on The Simpsons in 1997)

Obviously there are common sense limits to race and gender blind casting. Kylo can't be Asian or black and still be Han and Leia's son. But I honestly don't see any reason why the Resistance shouldn't be more diverse, and every reason, in-universe included, why it should be more diverse. And I don't just mean gender and race, would love more weird SW species like Nien Nunb. To borrow a line from another franchise, the Resistance, which supposedly comes from a huuuge galaxy, sometimes comes off as a "homosapiens only club."

As far as diversity and storytelling...I really don't see folks making the argument that every movie from here on out must be perfectly diverse. Rather, that other people's stories can also be universally relatable. There's a lot of folks who aren't like Luke Skywalker - whether gender or ethnicity - that saw SW and were drawn to it. For them, to see a group of fans, which is largely (but certainly not entirely) male complaining about a character like Rey comes off as a bit ridiculous. We all watched, and were drawn to, a story about someone who was unlike us, and now that the franchise is asking a different group of folks to see Rey's story as universal, suddenly it's problematic?

Hoo-boy....Here's just one q u eer* person of color's opinion.
*(dear RPF word filter, this one hasn't been a slur since at least John Waters' appearance on The Simpsons in 1997)

Obviously there are common sense limits to race and gender blind casting. Kylo can't be Asian or black and still be Han and Leia's son. But I honestly don't see any reason why the Resistance shouldn't be more diverse, and every reason, in-universe included, why it should be more diverse. And I don't just mean gender and race, would love more weird SW species like Nien Nunb. To borrow a line from another franchise, the Resistance, which supposedly comes from a huuuge galaxy, sometimes comes off as a "homosapiens only club."

As far as diversity and storytelling...I really don't see folks making the argument that every movie from here on out must be perfectly diverse. Rather, that other people's stories can also be universally relatable. There's a lot of folks who aren't like Luke Skywalker - whether gender or ethnicity - that saw SW and were drawn to it. For them, to see a group of fans, which is largely (but certainly not entirely) male complaining about a character like Rey comes off as a bit ridiculous. We all watched, and were drawn to, a story about someone who was unlike us, and now that the franchise is asking a different group of folks to see Rey's story as universal, suddenly it's problematic?
You bring up one major point with the ST.

Where are the aliens and droids?

They only seem to hang out in places of leasure.

They seem to be missing out on all the world building that Lucas used to do with that. Is Chewbacca now the only wookie? Remember how diverse the bounty hunters were? Look at the clone wars. Fantastic alien characters there

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back