Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
But they have made one for every Episodic Star Wars film up to 8.

And the others were a trilogy per game. Lego TFA was the first game to be dedicated to one episode (though the first mission takes place during ep6).

Wait a second, how come we got a lego TFA? I thought EA owned the exclusive rights to make Star Wars games? Wierd.....

He wrote some of the comics too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently.

I find it interesting that there was some people complaining how some employees were treating fans on Twitter. And now he's fired. It shows that the higher ups are paying attention.

Apparently.

I find it interesting that there was some people complaining how some employees were treating fans on Twitter. And now he's fired. It shows that the higher ups are paying attention.

I enjoyed most of the comics, I am so tired of all this fighting though... I used Star Wars to escape real world problems..

All the negativity around politics and the world.. Star Wars was my escape, now to see all this crap I’m completely lost and need a new escape..

With winter slowly closing in cycling is coming to a close.. I don’t know what I’m gonna do now..

I enjoyed most of the comics, I am so tired of all this fighting though... I used Star Wars to escape real world problems..

All the negativity around politics and the world.. Star Wars was my escape, now to see all this crap I’m completely lost and need a new escape..

With winter slowly closing in cycling is coming to a close.. I don’t know what I’m gonna do now..

I know what you mean. It can get kinda depressing, That's why, I like watching the Star Wars channel, Star Wars Explained, HelloGreedo, and The Wayward Jedi. Avoid the comment section and bam! Ignorance is truly bliss, and sometimes I just have to help myself to a heaping spoonful of it.

I know what you mean. It can get kinda depressing, That's why, I like watching the Star Wars channel, Star Wars Explained, HelloGreedo, and The Wayward Jedi. Avoid the comment section and bam! Ignorance is truly bliss, and sometimes I just have to help myself to a heaping spoonful of it.

I am huge fan of hello greedo and Star Wars explained, I’m gonna check out wayward Jedi never heard of that one

I agree H!

I've lost my faith in the new Star Wars. I thank the maker I have my hobbies and projects to fall back on. They can't take those away from us. :)

Time to dust off some models and props that have been sitting on the shelf I guess...:)

I agree H!

I've lost my faith in the new Star Wars. I thank the maker I have my hobbies and projects to fall back on. They can't take those away from us. :)

Well, actually... they can.

They can't hear you over the sound of all those EA/Battlefront micro-transactions. ;)

Who's to say how long before stop and decease orders are given to fan film makers or even cosplayers/prop makers...? I'm sure Disney would be accosted for that but at the end of the day they only care about money.

They are very "protective" of the IP.
https://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/03/24/star-wars-documentary-lucasfilm-lawsuit/

Here's some LFL lawsuit history:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/10/18/star-wars-lawsuits-who-has-lucasfilm-sued-and-why/

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive the off-topic post but I find it amusing that the LA Dodgers, who Rian is a fan of and has been tweeting a lot about recently, have fallen behind the Brewers in their playoff series. The Dodger players are blaming their fans for their performance. :lol

https://nypost.com/2018/10/16/dodgers-have-diagnosed-their-big-weakness-dodgers-fans/

The Dodgers are now leading the series 3-2 and I'm pretty sure Rian Johnson, nor any other fan, really have anything to do with it.

Well, actually... they can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfYEUFcHwb4

They can't hear you over the sound of all those EA/Battlefront micro-transactions. ;)

Who's to say how long before stop and decease orders are given to fan film makers or even cosplayers/prop makers...? I'm sure Disney would be accosted for that but at the end of the day they only care about money.

They are very "protective" of the IP.
https://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/03/24/star-wars-documentary-lucasfilm-lawsuit/

Here's some LFL lawsuit history:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/10/18/star-wars-lawsuits-who-has-lucasfilm-sued-and-why/

Well considering that Lucasfilm/Disney does Star Wars film awards every year. There are certain things they will not stop. No one was surprised when the KOTOR remake was asked to stop. The head guy on the project said from day one, he thought it might happen.

Just watched it for the 3rd time, and I still love it. I honestly hated it after the first viewing. Everything was NOT according to my expectations... and this killed the vibe for me. Watching it for a second time after taking the "expectation chill pill" helped a lot.

I had almost the opposite experience. Thought it was pretty good the first time before I started thinking about it afterward. I had hoped a second viewing would make me like it more, but it had the opposite effect.

I just watched TFA again the other day and at the end if it I found myself saying how much potential it opened up for the sequel trilogy that I think TLJ completely squandered. I'm just hoping, and am actually confident, that IX can turn things around for me (the trilogy as a whole, not TLJ itself).

I had almost the opposite experience. Thought it was pretty good the first time before I started thinking about it afterward. I had hoped a second viewing would make me like it more, but it had the opposite effect.

I just watched TFA again the other day and at the end if it I found myself saying how much potential it opened up for the sequel trilogy that I think TLJ completely squandered. I'm just hoping, and am actually confident, that IX can turn things around for me (the trilogy as a whole, not TLJ itself).

With TLJ that was my experience as well. I liked it coming out until I actually started to digest the movie beyond the explosions and the visuals. Then it started to all break down.

And I get it. I actually can see how people like the movie. It's good if it was it's own stand alone and maybe some other Scifi flick other than SW. But its E8! It does more to try to subvert your expectations than it does to follow the story threads of the previous episode. It does nothing for deepening the SW lore and story. And thats what we want more of right? A deep story. But it's very superficial in that respect. If your going to subvert my expectations do it by turning it around and making the first order the good guys or something, IDK. Dont screw with the plot threads that the previous movie set up. That's why most of us liked E7, that's why it made 2 billion dollars because of those plot threads.

Because of that, E8 left me sad, angry and bitter. I have been like that for a while now but I think that I am actually starting to turn a corner because those emotions are slowly being replaced with laughter. Now, I just laugh at how ridiculous TLJ is and how hilarious it is that they actually put that movie out as part of the 9 part saga.

I wish I was as confident as you are that E9 will turn things around. With all of my heart, I REALLY hope so. If anything I'm hoping that E9 will actually be the sequel to E7 that I have been craving for.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back