Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
I thought they were going to kill off Leia in this film at some point due to her carrie fishers death? And then killing snoke so easily and no back story revealed on him was super lame .

Makes sense that Luke would astral-project a younger version of himself (wouldn't we all?), but it's really weird he chose his old saber.

Why did Luke give Threepio the stink eye? Unlike other characters, Luke had never before shown any impatience with him. "How rude!"

Can anyone explain what the plan was with those old speeders? Other than just run out and get massacred that is.

Last edited:
always 2 there are,, no more,, no less.

Was Snoke a middle man?

And now that Kilo has turned completely, is he the new Darth?, obeying a higher power that Snoke obeyed?

I dont know, just grasping at straws to redeem this trilogy.

I' glad it' over. Now I can enjoy forums without the worry of a spoiler. There was a surprising amount of events from the film that could have easily came out before I seen it.

always 2 there are,, no more,, no less.

Was Snoke a middle man?

And now that Kilo has turned completely, is he the new Darth?, obeying a higher power that Snoke obeyed?

I dont know, just grasping at straws to redeem this trilogy.
You guess is as good as Disney/LFL's.

Snoke was just Snoke, he wasn’t a Sith. We may learn more about him in IX but his backstory is really not important to the story. I’m very impressed with a lot of the choices Rian made especially in regards to Luke. Even implying Luke was going to murder his nephew for even a brief moment was shocking.

Yeah the new visual dictionary says Snoke was a powerful dark side user but NOT a sith. I'm sure we will learn more about him in the future but this was the Kylo/Rey show this movie :)

Why did Luke give Threepio the stink eye? Unlike other characters, Luke had never before shown any impatience with him. "How rude!"

Some think C3PO did not see him on his sensors and the Luke wink was him telling C3PO not to tell anyone.

Without Disney Star Wars as a film franchise was dead. George had no plans for new films. He created the treatments for the sequel trilogy to entice Disney to buy. Disney has delivered two films that I think are terrific and my 4 year old son is now a new fan growing up with them. I was there in theaters in ‘77 and I am very thankful Disney saved this franchise from the long road to obscurity it was on.

Obscurity? Really? You were talking about Star Wars Correct?
I respect everyones point of view. But Obscurity was never really going to happen with Star Wars. It meant just too much to too many people for that.

I respect everyones point of view. But Obscurity was never really going to happen with Star Wars. It meant just too much to too many people for that.

Without new and relevant content within a generation it would have become a shadow of its current self. Without a new generation of fans, I have a 4 year old as I type this running around pretending to be a rebel fighting stormtroopers, yes obscurity. He’s growing up with Rebels, TFA, R1, and tomorrow he will see TLJ.

Snoke was just Snoke, he wasn’t a Sith. We may learn more about him in IX but his backstory is really not important to the story. I’m very impressed with a lot of the choices Rian made especially in regards to Luke. Even implying Luke was going to murder his nephew for even a brief moment was shocking.

How is Snoke's back story not important? Especially as we now know he was grooming Kylo prior to and possibly during his training withLuke. That is big stuff that needs explaining. How did he get to him through Luke and Leia and Han, whilst restoring the Empire into the FO? What was his endgame, was it just to rule the galaxy unopposed like Palpatine or was he motivated by power with the force, and how was he going to get that? We will never know, an interesting character wiped out in a weak way.

Shcoking doesn't necessarily make it good.

While I agree that Snoke's backstory needs to be addressed in IX, I have to side with Bryan here. I have two sons, one of whom is old enough to enjoy SW (the other one is just a toddler) and he's growing up with Kylo, Finn, Poe, Rey, and the crew from the Ghost. We've had our trilogies. Do I have to remind anyone here how goofy ANH was, at its core?
A lot of unanswered questions I attribute to JJ: He admitted not having had a clear idea of all the things he introduced in TFA. It seems he tried to put as many ingredients into the basket as he could, without thinking about what the cook (RJ) will cook with them. He just thought they'd be good to have in the pantry. And he didn't hand the cook a recipe either.
Can anyone blame RJ for picking and choosing a handful of ingredients to come up with a recipe, while leaving other ones in the pantry? It's funny because now JJ has to eat the dish RJ has made for him.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm not bummed about Rey's parents, it's nice to know though. The only things that really didn't sit well with me we're how Luke reacts to being handed his father's saber - though I did laugh at that and it set the tone for his character in the film.
The other was how Snoke was handled. It just felt like Rian didn't dig having another Uber darksider around and got rid of him. As a fan with huge interest in all the minutiae I would have liked some on film exposition about who he was and how he came to be.
I loved just about everything else though. I teared up quite a bit, and really just about died when the asteroid field theme played.
As for people liking this flick or not, there was a LOT of cheering in my theater.

The idea that Disney had to retell ANH in TFA in order to reignite interest in the franchise is the biggest lie they have perpetuated.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I wonder how many fans are fooling themselves, I think many of us were guilty of this during prequel fever.
I think I might be embarrassed on my thoughts directly after AOTC.
Do the same poll in a year.

I was over the moon about Rogue One after it came out. Saw it three times in theaters, listed it right after ESB and ANH in my rankings. A year later I gave up in the middle of a rewatch and all I remember is how boring it was.

Hype is a hell of a drug.

Did anyone else find it odd that suddenly Rey had an intimate understanding of what went down in the Emperor's throne room between Luke and Vader? Where would she have learned this?

It was also interesting to hear Luke mention the rise of Sidious, by name, which must have been in his book or archives somewhere.

How is Snoke's back story not important? Especially as we now know he was grooming Kylo prior to and possibly during his training withLuke. That is big stuff that needs explaining. How did he get to him through Luke and Leia and Han, whilst restoring the Empire into the FO? What was his endgame, was it just to rule the galaxy unopposed like Palpatine or was he motivated by power with the force, and how was he going to get that? We will never know, an interesting character wiped out in a weak way.

Shcoking doesn't necessarily make it good.

It's not important to the immediate journey these characters are taking. Yes, it's interesting to wonder, it very well may be explored, but certainly wasn't a required story element for this film for TFA.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back