Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Additional random notes:

Why were all the bombers in tight formation? They weren't trying to fool radar. They weren't doing stunts in an airshow. The ball turret gunners didn't seem to be providing much coverage. WW2 bombers flew tight to saturate the ground because of the inherent inaccuracy of bombing - which doesn't seem to apply here. They should have been loose if just to keep from one fighter taking down 3 in one blow ... which is exactly what happened.

At the end they seemed to be picking off one rebel transport ship every two seconds. After a minute they should have all have been gone. At one point it looked like there were about 8 ships left. Then later it looked like there were 16 ships.

If setting an abandoned cruiser to jump to lightspeed though an enemy ship can cause so much damage, what is stopping the Rebels from rigging up remote control capital ships and just jumping them through the Death Stars or other enemy Capital ships? I'm having a hard time accepting how easy this was, unless the Mega Star Destroyer in TLJ had it's shields down, it worked far to easily IMO. I'm afraid the writers might not have thought about the implications this creates.

I had fun rationalizing this during a second watching of TLJ: What if there are 'Geneva Convention' rules by which all entities in the galaxy abide. The notion of intentionally lightspeeding through another craft or planet is so unthinkably cruel, it's simply never been done. By doing this, Holdo cemented her reputation in galactic history as a monster worse than the Emperor. Public opinion shifts in favor of the First Order, and the Resistance spend most of Episode 9 trying to repair the extremely poor PR optics of this event.

I was also born in 75. I also have had that lifetime of obsession. Long before “everyone” became a fan. Long before there were females being used in every commercial to make Star Wars “cool for everyone” as opppsed to geeky. (At least that is my perception). I think this film is dividing the Star Wars fan base pretty evenly. The fact that my one friend who I consider the absolute fan didn’t like it speaks volumes to me.
While I expect nothing but praise from Kevin Smith, I have yet to see him say anything other than the fact he was going to see it a second time with Jason Mewes. I am curious to hear his opinion as well.

"Real fan", haha. And a problem with that other half of humanity being used in advertisements for a film that...they're in. Strange. :behave

No real need to apply pointless and petty labels to anyone, really.

Don't worry, you can still "own" Star Wars, chief, even though these pesky "fake fans" are all over it!

I felt sorry for that poor lightsaber. Anakin would have been so pissed.

Tossed over a shoulder.......broken in half... and being used to hit a girl in the back of the head.... I hope Reys head is ok. Could have done without that.

For something that was soooo important just a short time before TLJ.. sure got treated like crap... poor lightsaber:sick

Last edited:
I saw it last night and thought it was absolutely terrible. Felt it was way too pandering and incessantly slapstick when it should've been more serious in tone.

So while we are making sweeping statements, should I speak for all English people? Or all English speaking people? If I'm from Yorkshire and I liked it, does that make me not a real Yorkshireman?

Sent from my BLU LIFE MARK using Tapatalk

I'm crushing hard on Veronica Ngo, who plays the bomber pilot that dies in the beginning. I'm looking up her other movies.
You're not the only one.
She has been in "The Rebel" and "Rogue". Fitting. :)

Who is the Rebel officer with the comically huge proboscis? (looks kinda like female Mr. Bean). I'm certain I've seen her in older films. Her performance was just fine but she was a little too eccentric-looking to the point of distraction. I kept asking why they kept filming her from the side so as to accentuate her profile. She was distracting is all.
Amanda Lawrence?

So while we are making sweeping statements, should I speak for all English people? Or all English speaking people? If I'm from Yorkshire and I liked it, does that make me not a real Yorkshireman?

Sent from my BLU LIFE MARK using Tapatalk

Your from Yorkshire, just not a true Englishman..:lol

Grizzled veteran of the long long ago when being a "nerd" cost you and wasn't "cute" with hit sitcom TV shows
about how cool it is.
I'll tell you when you could tell the REAL fans! (he said growling)
Mid eighties if you were still into SW as an adult when SW craze had well passed and considered kid stuff
and no more films were expected. THOSE were dark times!

Female fans? BAHAHAHAHA!!! maybe like two were in my whole high school. Speak of SW then to a female and you might
as well have farted so hard the smoke detectors would go off.
Dearly wish there were more then, male nerds today looking for a girlfriend into this stuff today is not hard. Lucky SOBs.

;)

Grizzled veteran of the long long ago when being a "nerd" cost you and wasn't "cute" with hit sitcom TV shows
about how cool it is.
I'll tell you when you could tell the REAL fans! (he said growling)
Mid eighties if you were still into SW as an adult when SW craze had well passed and considered kid stuff
and no more films were expected.

Female fans? BAHAHAHAHA!!! maybe like two were in my whole high school. Speak of SW then to a female and you might
as well have farted so hard the smoke detectors would go off.
Dearly wish there were more then, male nerds today looking for a girlfriend into this stuff today is not hard. Lucky SOBs.

;)

Im one of the lucky ones.. I married one..

..... of course her favorite one is still ROTJ.. with those damn Ewoks.. :unsure

This is sort of an interesting disparity....

Capture_1.jpg

Rotten Tomatoes is all paid for reviews and internet trolls. I would never trust either score. Too susceptible to manipulation. Cinemascore is the only one thats somewhat meaningful.

TLJ had some stupid things in it that can’t tie-in with the previous episodes...
worst for me was the ‘obliterate’ First Order’ Mega Weapon by use of Hyperspace...
Rebels could have used a small ship with droid pilot to do that to Death Star 1&2 and Starkiller Base...
Force Ghosts weilding lightning etc in real -world could have defeated all previous major protagonists...
At least make a movie in keeping with the existing Star Wars ethos/Universe...
MEH

This is sort of an interesting disparity....
Rotten Tomatoes has been mentioned a few times earlier. Some people have also pointed out that some reviews of TLJ that they interpreted as being negative have been counted as "fresh" by Rotten Tomatoes.

MetaCritic is similar. They count 0 negative Critic Reviews and only 3 "mixed" Critic Reviews ... even though e.g. Variety's review could clearly be seen as "mixed".
The User Score on Metacritic is right now 1027 negative against 963 positive!

Last edited:
And when did Finn learn to be a pilot? The events of TFA were like, a day before he was piloting that speeder on krayt

I dunno. The Star Wars universe has a history of making flying complex fighters and speeders about as common a skill as driving a car here in the real world. So this didn't bug me.

I really like Star Wars, but I don't care for TFA and TLJ. It's not Star Wars, you can feel that it's only a money machine for them. After TFA, I wasn't even disappointed by TLJ, I just went home and slept without thinking about any of the many plot holes. Won't see it again.

At the end when Luke appears being younger defiantly threw me off. Not really sure why they made him younger. At first, I had thought that since they had already had the flashback of him about to kill Ben, that then maybe that was another flashback of Luke saying goodbye to Leia and leaving to his exile. But then I was like, no, this is now happening. But when he pulled out the original saber that had just been destroyed, I knew something was up.
I did like that they had Yoda in it, but he seemed odd about something, can't quite put my finger on it. Also, force ghost usually have a more transparentness to them and a brighter glow. Yoda had a slight glow around him, but not enough.

I dunno. The Star Wars universe has a history of making flying complex fighters and speeders about as common a skill as driving a car here in the real world. So this didn't bug me.

There alot of good sanitation engineers out there.. that are great pilots... Anikan as a child, cleaned racks, sweep floors, then piloted speeders.. and Naboo fighters..lol

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back