Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Where exactly did this story that the creators of the films said everyone who didn't like the movie is a racist or sexist come from? I keep seeing references to this or that said bt Rian Johnson or Kathleen Kennedy, but nobody is posting the actual quotes in context. Has anyone bothered to look for the actual quotes?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
That's the only segment of criticism they bother to address, and the links have been posted.

That's the only segment of criticism they bother to address, and the links have been posted.
Yeah, but that seems less like claiming all fans are x and more like deflecting to avoid the conversation. In other words, if that's what LFL or whomever has done, they haven't called you "all" racists, they've just refused to engage in a debate on the issues you've raised.

Yeah, but that seems less like claiming all fans are x and more like deflecting to avoid the conversation. In other words, if that's what LFL or whomever has done, they haven't called you "all" racists, they've just refused to engage in a debate on the issues you've raised.

I can’t recall any comment from KK, JJ, or RJ suggesting if you didn’t like a film it meant you were anything of the sort. Rian went out of his way to engage people with criticisms and address their concerns very respectfully.

Here is the one instance I recall JJ being asked about it:

Abrams was unfazed. “‘Star Wars’ is a big galaxy, and you can sort of find almost anything you want to in ‘Star Wars,'” he said. “If you are someone who feels threatened by women and needs to lash out against them, you can probably find an enemy in ‘Star Wars.’ You can probably look at the first movie that George [Lucas] did [‘Star Wars: A New Hope’] and say that Leia was too outspoken, or she was too tough. Anyone who wants to find a problem with anything can find the problem. The internet seems to be made for that.”Asked if fan outcry would at all impact his vision for the upcoming film, Abrams was clear. “Not in the least,” he said, adding, “There’s a lot that I would like to say about it, but I feel like it’s a little early to be having the ‘Episode IX’ conversation … I will say that the story of Rey and Poe and Finn and Kylo Ren — and if you look, there are three men and one woman, to those that are complaining that there are too many women in ‘Star Wars’ — their story continues in a way that I couldn’t be more excited about and cannot wait for people to see.”Abrams has weathered this sort of blowback before. “I think everyone is going to have their point of view,” Abrams said. “Certainly something I discovered early on in the ‘Star Wars’ world, is that you’re going to have an incredibly passionate and vocal fanbase, and they’re all going to have a lot of specific opinions.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's KK preaching about her raging feminist agenda in the context of a woman directing a SW film....Bit of a head scratcher as she sounds pretty reasonable..
“That quote was taken out of context,” Kennedy said. “If someone actually moves through the process of making movies and wants to make a Star Wars movie and shows that they have actually stepped into the role on that level, of course we’re going to consider a woman. That goes without saying.”“We want to make sure that when we bring a female director in to do Star Wars they’re set up for success,” Kennedy told the magazine. “They’re gigantic films, and you can’t come into them with essentially no experience.“We want to really start to focus in on people we would love to work with and see what kinds of things they’re doing to progress up that ladder now, and then pull them in when the time is right.

Rian Johnson attacking the fans...oh, wait..

"The crazy thing is, I had no perspective on these tweets. I had no perspective in terms of how big a group of people this was, even what they were upset about specifically," he said. "Over the next few weeks, I was able to contextualize it and feel much better about it. But at the time, I thought, 'Oh my god, does everybody hate this? Did I totally mess up, was I wrong?' And I had a very dark hour of the soul … because I had no context for this."
Johnson went on to say that he wouldn't change "The Last Jedi" in retrospect, despite some fans' disapproval.
"There's nothing I've read or seen that's made me think, 'Oh god, I did kind of mess that up, I would've done that differently if I could go back,'" he said. "I still genuinely believe in all the decisions I've made."

Well I did just find this, I guess it is meant to be funny. Apparently in conjunction with Lucas Film

I’ll find some more stuff tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/VVpG1iC737c

starts about 2 minutes in

Pretty funny if you watch these films and don't see any of this SJW nonsense and just see a SW film. I'm not "triggered" watching any SW film based on "agenda". That stuff just washes over me and is a big zero in my world. These cries of "masculinity is under attack" or "what's with the black guy?" are just funny to me.

- - - Updated - - -

The same Rian who talks about "delicious fanboy tears"? Really?

They probably are very tasty. I wouldn't know as I don't take to the internet to cry about a movie.

There was no SW film when TLJ was put on screen. It was nothing but dumb jokes, Luke tossing the graphlex over his shoulder, Luke being a depressed psycho, BS about about Poe being emasculated , dumb middle part about people making a profit off of weapons, Space horses retardation, and endless persist across the galaxy, Mary Poppins Leia, Luke projecting himself and being written off like a bitch. Oh and porgs... what a nightmare TLJ was and is.

There was no SW film when TLJ was put on screen. It was nothing but dumb jokes, Luke tossing the graphlex over his shoulder, Luke being a depressed psycho, BS about about Poe being emasculated , dumb middle part about people making a profit off of weapons, Space horses retardation, and endless persist across the galaxy, Mary Poppins Leia, Luke projecting himself and being written off like a bitch. Oh and porgs... what a nightmare TLJ was and is.

See, now that's a valid criticism as it's not peppered with pegoritive term like SJW, feminism agenda, or racsisit attacks. Perfect, you didn't like it because of what the film actually was rather than what people "think" it is. :)

Well I did just find this, I guess it is meant to be funny. Apparently in conjunction with Lucas Film

I’ll find some more stuff tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/VVpG1iC737c

starts about 2 minutes in

I was going to post that the day it came out but held off because of unrelated content. Personally I found it freaking hilarious, my wife and daughter and I watched it 3 times! I could only handle TLJ once. ;)

I applaud anyone with the stones to go fedora after the fedoras of OkCupid fiasco.
Do original Herbert Johnson Poets count amongst the hate, or are we only hating trilbies? Because I'll admit I don't care much for trilbies myself.
wgQILoW.jpg

No hate at all! I dig a fedora, just making a funny about a bunch of douchenozzles who managed to sour popular opinion in some circles.
Also, I know Jack **** about hats.
::Goes to Google what a trilby is::
Ah! I own a trilby. And a couple of Indy style fedoras from Disneyland.

No. Saying absolutely nothing would be refusing to debate. Name calling is a sure sign of a lack of defence for the valid criticism. It’s an immature playground mentality.
You, Solo4114 ,have debated these movies most comprehensively without once resorting to insults for people who disagree with you.
That’s why I read your posts but now skip over the guy who keeps using the phrase ‘man babies’ because some of us don’t like what he likes.

My point was that every intricacy of the Force and its use was clearly not conveyed in that movie. It's no stretch to go where they went in TLJ.
And, just to put it out there, I feel very strongly that not only do these stories need to evolve in order to reach new audiences as time goes on, so does the mythology - including expanding the definition of what the force is and isn't and how it works.

Yoda spoke generally enough that anyone with even an elementary grasp of English can tell he was speaking of any Force usage.

It is not evolution to go from "A Jedi's strength flows from The Force" to "Using too much Force will kill you.". It is ignorance at best and a corruption at worst. Especially since it only seems to be this one single ability that would kill a Force User. Old JediSith seem to be able to do anything else willy-nilly and come out fine.

RJ should have found another way. This is nothing more than lame contrived excuse to kill Luke.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back