Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Even if it was something like Rey being completely unaware of who the First Order is and who the Resistance is, you could've done something to provide more context. Hell, you could've rewritten the opening scrawl to do it, and that probably would've worked. Or, as I've said repeatedly, cut the rathtar sequence and instead swap in the scene of Leia's senate ally (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) to provide context on what the hell is going on in the galaxy.
That's literally all that would've been required, coz the background does make sense now that I've read up on it, it's just that the movie doesn't tell you.

Maybe he was ruminating on his most recent failed attempt to muster the iron to burn the tree. That was the next time we saw him get all dressed up...
So when I want to burn all the etiquette books in order to take down elitism I'll make sure I'll do it in my finest tuxedo. :lol
Jokes aside, I think the simplest way to sort this would have been simply saying that those were his clothes and that's it without trying to weave reason into it.

Don't you just love it when you post any sort of "negative" comment on youtube/instagram/interwebs people either can't handle it or the comment just gets deleted.

Echo chambers.
I'm even more frustrated by people complaining about complainers before anyone complains. "Incoming salty fanboys whinging in 3...2...1..." and co.

And in his Jedi robes (yeah I know it's fancy tatooine garb, but get over it, they're Jedi robes now).

What sux about being an adult is our ability and necessity to over analyze virtually... everything.

I remember watching Star Wars the VERY first time and watching Luke mourn the loss of Obi Wan. "I can't believe he's gone". I felt so bad for Luke. As I got older I realized... ummmm... Hey Luke, your Aunt and Uncle were just slaughtered and your mourning the death of someone you just met an hour ago? ;)

Last edited:
in my head canon im considering erasing the prequels entirely so that's just Tatooine garb and the Jedi wore what Luke was wearing in RotJ. (That's how everyone immediately recognized him as a Jedi suddenly).

This has actually bugged me since TPM. I had no problem subconsciously accepting Obi-Wan's and Yoda's Force ghosts as a sort of residual self-image. Anakin's ghostly image was a little difficult to nail down due to the "ghost" filter, but I could tell it wasn't the same as Obi-Wan's. Darker and grayer, except for the brown outer robe -- which Luke also had in that film.

The concept art being shown around while TPM was in development showed a lone Obi-Wan (no Qui-Gon yet) in the same black-with-dark-gray-over color scheme that Luke had in ROTJ, because the artists were going with what Lucas had said about Luke's costume in ROTJ being "more Jedi-like" than his Tatooine garb. Then Lucas directly intervened, was confused why Obi-Wan had been depicted that way, and steered them back to how he was dressed in ANH.

*sigh*

In passive protest, the fabrics I'm accumulating for my own Jedi getup are drawn from ROTJ Luke. So there, George.

So when I want to burn all the etiquette books in order to take down elitism I'll make sure I'll do it in my finest tuxedo. :lol

DO EEET!

Isn’t that how it’s portrayed in the book? Luke was dressed because he was contemplating destroying the tree when Rey arrives?

Ah. Have it. Haven't read it yet. Still slogging through a depressing reading backlog.

--Jonah

Presented without comment.

31073010_1418790978225997_6891470367884710524_n.jpg

Except this was green, not blue, there are likely no pelagic sea creatures anywhere near the Lars homestead, and it seemed Bern was running veggies through an extractor of some kind to get said blue milk. Growing up in a quasi-hippy environment, I had long since subconsciously figured it was something like soymilk.

I'm just glad we finally found out where blue milk comes from, it's a burning question I've been trying to answer since 1977! ;)

Except this was green, not blue, there are likely no pelagic sea creatures anywhere near the Lars homestead, and it seemed Bern was running veggies through an extractor of some kind to get said blue milk. Growing up in a quasi-hippy environment, I had long since subconsciously figured it was something like soymilk.

Oh god, the search goes on then!!! :lol
It was also clever subversion that it was green and not blue! :lol

I could have sworn that the popular fan-myth was that the blue milk was from Bantha.

I'm pretty sure there's a 3 page long wookiepedia article on blue milk.

Maybe they changed the color for the SE, but my OT has blue milk goodness! ;)
IMG_20180421_084948.jpgIMG_20180421_084948.jpg

Yes definately,....Rian Johnston is the master of that,....I went into the cinema expecting to see a well made film with a coherent storyline

J

I should have known something was wrong by the expressions on over half of the people's faces as they walked out of the theater. ;)

Dazed and confused. People just wandering around, looking at each other like WTF just happened?
I was one of them:cry

I came out of the theater with a numb expression on my face, and said to my wife something to the effect of, "Either I'm coming down with something, or I am so insane with frustrated rage that I can't properly process it and it is manifesting as supreme and exhausting disappointment at the "film" we just watched."

Of course, that may not have been my response word-for-word, but you get the idea. And it was option 2, btw...I was fit as a fiddle. :(

And to add even more, just because it's finally taken this long to put into words the feelings I had walking out...

It's like when you see folks down the street fighting, and you're not sure if they're just friends rough-housing, or if a crime is taking place. When I walked out of the theater, I wasn't sure if Rian was just blatantly disrespectful to the character of Luke, and I should just walk away shaking my head...or if I should, maybe, call someone because I'd just seen a full-on, extreme, and inexcusable character assassination occur right before my eyes and some larger authority of justice needed to intervene. So confused...

It was like that feeling you get walking into the wrong theater and realizing, "Hey, this isn't the right movie," but with a delayed effect, the realization not fully sinking in until after you'd watched the movie and already left.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back