Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
What did Yoda and Ben teach Luke?

While I have always said Luke was a half ***** Jedi because of his quick training and leaving early

It was training !

Ben even had him working with the little floating ball !

That is the reason I never really had a problem with Luke's patrial in TLJ .

A few hours after you meet your mentor, he gets killed. Then your old dead mentor tells you to find a new mentor who steals your food and forces (pun :)) you to give him piggy back rides, and then you throw a temper tantrum and leave after he tells you he doesn't like your idea of you facing your first mentor's killer. Copyright Disney, Lucasfilm

While I have always said Luke was a half ***** Jedi because of his quick training and leaving early

It was training !

Ben even had him working with the little floating ball !

That is the reason I never really had a problem with Luke's patrial in TLJ .
Nevertheless Han and Luke are still "mentor"/father figures to Rey. That is even talked about in the movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I messed up and started posting again didn't I !

I keep forgetting to read and walk away .

Lol
I fell in the same trap ;)

"Your hate has made you powerful" That's our motto here. And the only thing keeping me and most of these threads alive.
This is it, for sure. I wasn't a fan of TFA... the more distance I got the less I liked it, but I still had fun theorizing and speculating because it really lent itself to that. But never have I experienced a movie like TLJ. It's like Primer but instead of trying to figure out a complicated plot, you're trying to piece together all the plot holes. When it comes to incredibly poor creative decisions, it's truly the gift that keeps on giving.

This is it, for sure. I wasn't a fan of TFA... the more distance I got the less I liked it, but I still had fun theorizing and speculating because it really lent itself to that. But never have I experienced a movie like TLJ. It's like Primer but instead of trying to figure out a complicated plot, you're trying to piece together all the plot holes. When it comes to incredibly poor creative decisions, it's truly the gift that keeps on giving.
It was like as if Mel Brooks directed a star wars movie.

...oh wait

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I was watching TFA the other day and I watched all the bonus content on the bluray as well. I don't have R1 on bluray so I've never seen the interviews and bonus stuff on it, so can't comment on that but the TFA behind-the-scenes and all these Collider and whatnot interviews just seem so unbelievably staged and pink and joyous and happy. Call me a moaner or grumpy bugger but I just find it fake that every single one is about how much everyone was in love with each other, how much respect everyone has for everyone else and of course the source material, and everyone is super in love with Star Wars and respects the legacy and it's all a wonderful happy experience and hugs and respects and everyone got along so swell, bladiblabla...
Compare it to the documentary about ANH where it's parts like "the first cut of Star Wars was an unmitigated disaster", how people making the movie had struggles, and most importantly how those were overcome. I understand that interviews and BTS stuff are part of promotion and you don't want to open up a can of worms by complaining certain aspects of making the movie but there's just way too much gloss over everything for my taste to take it seriously.

I was watching TFA the other day and I watched all the bonus content on the bluray as well. I don't have R1 on bluray so I've never seen the interviews and bonus stuff on it, so can't comment on that but the TFA behind-the-scenes and all these Collider and whatnot interviews just seem so unbelievably staged and pink and joyous and happy. Call me a moaner or grumpy bugger but I just find it fake that every single one is about how much everyone was in love with each other, how much respect everyone has for everyone else and of course the source material, and everyone is super in love with Star Wars and respects the legacy and it's all a wonderful happy experience and hugs and respects and everyone got along so swell, bladiblabla...
Compare it to the documentary about ANH where it's parts like "the first cut of Star Wars was an unmitigated disaster", how people making the movie had struggles, and most importantly how those were overcome. I understand that interviews and BTS stuff are part of promotion and you don't want to open up a can of worms by complaining certain aspects of making the movie but there's just way too much gloss over everything for my taste to take it seriously.

I agree and it exists beyond Star Wars. I've stopped watching the bonus content for all movies because its not as interesting as it used to be. I was genuinely interested in "behind the scenes" footage that existed for older movies like Star Wars and Raiders. It was nice to see that stuff with the benefit of having loved the movie for a length of time. But nowadays, they deliberately film a lot of that material while the movie is being filmed and it does feel staged and fake. It feels more like a slick commercial for the movie rather than documentary footage.

Hey just wanted to throw this out here. Every film (TFA, R1, TLJ) since Disney took over/George sold it off has had a character playing with a toy. Rey had a rebel pilot doll, Jyn has a Stormtrooper doll, and that kid at the end of TLJ had a Jedi/Luke doll. Trend?

Oh well I forgot Luke played with a model of the Skyhopper in ANH if that counts. Maybe the filmmakers are trying to connect to that subtly.

I dunno, just something I noticed.

Hey just wanted to throw this out here. Every film (TFA, R1, TLJ) since Disney took over/George sold it off has had a character playing with a toy. Rey had a rebel pilot doll, Jyn has a Stormtrooper doll, and that kid at the end of TLJ had a Jedi/Luke doll. Trend?

Oh well I forgot Luke played with a model of the Skyhopper in ANH if that counts. Maybe the filmmakers are trying to connect to that subtly.

I dunno, just something I noticed.

That's a good observation, I never picked up on that. However, from the disconnect we have seen between these movies I seriously doubt that it was done on purpose.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back