Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
The freezing of blaster bolts and people in place opened a big hole for me in TFA. Even at their most powerful, Jedi mostly seemed to be able to knock assailants off balance (worked better against the non-living).

I would posit the people Vader was choking were indeed "frozen" in space and those he slung against the walls of the Profundity were much more than knocked "off balance" . I also recall both Yoda and Dooku manipulating very large objects during their Geonosis dual.

I find that answer vague and unconvincing!
Bor gullet! Bor gullet!
bor-gullet-can-feel-your-lies.jpg

im sure you've read about the so called defeminized fan edit of the movie, all I can say is hooray someone has tried to fix it. What I find disturbing is the fact that the director and Hamill and some other overpaid actors have ridiculed this effort. Listen if we hate it, or all least some of us do, this much, you might want to listen. the greater problem is this movie effs up the next one and so on. The solution is that those who have talent on these boards must reedit and remaster and reshoot to fix this abomination. Ive read the changes made in the reedit, I say we build on this and make what should have been made, my first suggestion, fix the story, how about no lets go to las vegas planet subplot, make it about escaping to new base to fight last stand, and it should start with a much bigger and longer space battle. Id like to see rey and run join each other to fight Luke, make it about what star wars truly is about,not feminism or SJW topics, but good vs evil and redemption

https://www.geek.com/culture/i-watc...-fan-edit-so-you-dont-have-to-1728201/?source

im sure you've read about the so called defeminized fan edit of the movie, all I can say is hooray someone has tried to fix it. What I find disturbing is the fact that the director and Hamill and some other overpaid actors have ridiculed this effort. Listen if we hate it, or all least some of us do, this much, you might want to listen. the greater problem is this movie effs up the next one and so on. The solution is that those who have talent on these boards must reedit and remaster and reshoot to fix this abomination. Ive read the changes made in the reedit, I say we build on this and make what should have been made, my first suggestion, fix the story, how about no lets go to las vegas planet subplot, make it about escaping to new base to fight last stand, and it should start with a much bigger and longer space battle. Id like to see rey and run join each other to fight Luke, make it about what star wars truly is about,not feminism or SJW topics, but good vs evil and redemption

https://www.geek.com/culture/i-watc...-fan-edit-so-you-dont-have-to-1728201/?source

You're a sad, frightened, little man....

^^^ insults rather than the truth, blinded by the PC society you are, do not shoot Greedo unless he shoots first, perhaps purple hair and unemployed you are

^^^ insults rather than the truth, blinded by the PC society you are, do not shoot Greedo unless he shoots first, perhaps purple hair and unemployed you are

Further proof that emasculated lonely single men are a loud voice on the RPF. and you are correct, I look on any man who is so threatened by female characters in Star Wars with a combination of contempt and pity. My photo is to the left.

Bryan looks jacked, I wouldn't want to cross him.

In *other* news, Rian had a few more interesting thoughts on the Twitter:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/954403686419058689

For a 50 year old who weighs in at a buck sixty six soaking wet with rocks in my pockets. But I can swim, bike, and run for days. :)

Yeah, Willie, I posted about that book the Jedi Path Nd Rian's post a page back. Personally I love it he is so engaged with fans, even those who attack him.

This is great. Rian just tweeted a series of photos. The first shows a shelf of books presumably in his home. Then he does a close up showing he has the books The Jedi Path and The Book of Sith. He cracks open Jedi Path to the section titled Advanced Force Techniques and finally this entry...
Just because something is canon doesn't make it good storytelling. When I saw TLJ, I didn't have to check wookiepedia to see if the movie was bad or not. The somber mood of the geeks leaving the theater was all the confirmation I needed.

Just because something is canon doesn't make it good storytelling. When I saw TLJ, I didn't have to check wookiepedia to see if the movie was bad or not. The somber mood of the geeks leaving the theater was all the confirmation I needed.
I've seen it three times in the theater now and every time the movie ended with applause - every time. The theater was filled every time (two were sold out) - folks were wearing Star Wars t-shirts and it looked like a mixed crowd of geeks, and families (and even a few older - even older than Bryan :D ) and I witnessed nothing somber from anyone. It's unfortunate that your experience was different.

A younger friend of mine asked me the other day what the deal was with some of the complaints he's seen online - we often geek out together at the gym and he saw the movie opening night with friends and they all loved it. I just kinda shrugged and said some folks just like to complain.

'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Heads Toward Final Global Total Of $1.3+ Billion

We can talk about The Last Jedi coming in below expectations, then, and the reasons it happened without fooling ourselves into thinking it is some sort of failure or signifier of deeper problems. I assure you, while Disney-Lucasfilm surely expected slightly higher numbers, nobody is sulking around headquarters today, and that endless merchandising stream continues to pour larger profit margins into their overflowing pockets.

Despite this, cue the Disney doomsday conspiracies.... :lol (We need a tinfoil hat emoji).

I've seen it three times in the theater now and every time the movie ended with applause - every time. The theater was filled every time (two were sold out) - folks were wearing Star Wars t-shirts and it looked like a mixed crowd of geeks, and families (and even a few older - even older than Bryan :D ) and I witnessed nothing somber from anyone. It's unfortunate that your experience was different.

A younger friend of mine asked me the other day what the deal was with some of the complaints he's seen online - we often geek out together at the gym and he saw the movie opening night with friends and they all loved it. I just kinda shrugged and said some folks just like to complain.

First off, was that a members only theater?, cause my theater wasnt like that at all. People watched, some of us wore florescent Star Wars shirts (even a few lightsabers) and held our Chewy/StormTrooper popcorn heads. Sat there till the end credits ended, maybe thinking it would be like Marvel, with a sneak peak at the end. Then got up and went home.

And some people love to love Star Wars. I brag and I am a proud geek of Star Wars and my friends and family know it. I like to complain about work, not Star Wars.

And to add, maybe we should change this thread to Disney/LucasFilm P&L. Making more money, only proves the cost has lowered and markup has increased. So I dont need to read money figures. I do it everyday in my line of work.

Last edited:
I have friends that loved the movie... one even said he would rank it as his overall #1 SW movie. And I don't begrudge them that at all. I don't like to complain, but I like discussing the minutiae of things I am passionate about. In the case of TLJ, absolutely I don't feel like it stacks up very well under examination.

Speaking of, why did Rian have Luke project himself holding a lightsaber that he doesn't own anymore, that just happened to get torn in half 10 minutes ago? Isn't the point of the projection to fool people(specifically Kylo) into thinking you're actually there?

I have friends that loved the movie... one even said he would rank it as his overall #1 SW movie. And I don't begrudge them that at all. I don't like to complain, but I like discussing the minutiae of things I am passionate about. In the case of TLJ, absolutely I don't feel like it stacks up very well under examination.

Speaking of, why did Rian have Luke project himself holding a lightsaber that he doesn't own anymore, that just happened to get torn in half 10 minutes ago? Isn't the point of the projection to fool people(specifically Kylo) into thinking you're actually there?

I hated seeing the graflex in that scene. At first I just thought it was a mistake, because I didn't know he wasn't really there. I figured it was something only we would notice, but it completely took me out of the scene.

After I found out it was a projection it didn't bother me as much as an oversight, but it still bothered me because it meant we STILL didn't get a decent fight scene using the hero.

I just kinda shrugged and said some folks just like to complain.

And that smug answer is the saddest and most misleading misrepresentation of the logically expressed concerns of lifelong fans to TLJ that I've seen in the thread yet.

If you disagree with the concerns expressed thus far, fine. But it's disingenuous and insulting to just brush aside the earnest disappointment experienced by so many with a glib statement that we all simply "like to complain."

Would it sit well with you if I recounted a story of how a friend asked me when exiting the theater, "How could anyone possibly like that crap of a movie?", with my reply that "Some folks just aren't intelligent, have no discerment of taste, and will gladly eat anything fed to them by the Mouse."

That would sound pretty insulting to those who liked the movie, no?

But I don't say that, because 1) I'm not a jerk, and 2) I actually try to give folks that liked the film the benefit of the doubt that they do indeed have taste, just tastes that differ widely from mine where this movie is concerned.

Last edited:

Rian has commented on that too. He said that the film was meant to leave the impression that Kylo couldn't be sure the graflex was destroyed, because he sees a bright flash and is knocked unconscious. Luke projects it because he's deliberately doing everything he can to enrage Kylo, which is his weakness.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back