Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
I'm glad Captain Phasma is gone, what a completely forgettable character in a film full of forgettable characters. I honestly don't remember anything she actually did besides die.
I’m pretty sure she’ll be back. TFA she was a chrome armor, TLJ we see her eye, they need to justify hiring Christie by putting her face in Ep9. :lol

I have posted this information before but I think it bears repeating in he light that some still are posting YouTube commentary videos about the financial returns of this film as well as the debate. Also, I have had opened a very quality Merlot and feel sporty...

ESB's box office was 68% of ANH's.

AOTC's was 70% of TPM's.

TLJ's was 66% of TFA's.

So that's the simple math, not adjusted for inflation. Regarding ESB, my own experience was the film was very divisive, I recall at the age 12-13 a lot of debate with my friends as to what this film meant to the overall Saga. Personally I didn't like the Han/Leia match up and Luke's failure at the end. He was my hero and it broke my young heart he didn't get the girl and was beaten down at the end. If I had the internet in 1981, no doubt I would have had issues. Maybe we should all just let this play out and see what comes. We can all like or dislike the result but let's all accept the SW isn't dead, it's just different.

It’s been said before but it bears repeating that the quality of this movie cannot be judged by profit. It is bad in all the ways that have been repeatedly stated. Enjoy your Merlot but don’t let it cloud your mind from the truth. This film is not the success you perceive it to be. :p

It’s been said before but it bears repeating that the quality of this movie cannot be judged by profit. It is bad in all the ways that have been repeatedly stated. Enjoy your Merlot but don’t let it cloud your mind from the truth. This film is not the success you perceive it to be. :p

You’re right, I’m not suggesting it does but I am saying the relative financial performance was in line with historical precedent. It was a very nice bottle, cheers. :)

. Regarding ESB, my own experience was the film was very divisive, I recall at the age 12-13 a lot of debate with my friends as to what this film meant to the overall Saga. Personally I didn't like the Han/Leia match up and Luke's failure at the end. He was my hero and it broke my young heart he didn't get the girl and was beaten down at the end. If I had the internet in 1981, no doubt I would have had issues. Maybe we should all just let this play out and see what comes. We can all like or dislike the result but let's all accept the SW isn't dead, it's just different.

Hence my fondness for Alan Dean Fosters - Splinter of the Minds Eye , which I still reread every couple of years . Remembering some version of the poster promoting Star Wars at the time - the one with Luke holding the light sabre aloft with Leia at his feet holding his leg - not sure if I’m recalling that image correctly , but , I also wanted the poor ‘ nobody ‘ ending up with the princess ! ;)

The original Hildebrandt art?

star_wars_hildebrandt_art.jpg

The refined version for the later poster?

1-star-wars-poster.jpg

Dark Horse sort of revisited that with the cover of the third issue of their comic adaptation in the mid '90s:

latest

(Though I like that she reversed the role a bit later in the book...)

ffb424fd3d6ac1a0d891c7f433286ff0.jpg

DOH ! , I knew I’d screw up remembering the image correctly . In my minds eye I’ve mashed up poster # 2 and artwork from either Frank Frazetta or Boris Vallejo , two fantastic fantasy artists I grew up admiring too ! :facepalm

Thanks for posting those Jonah .

:cheersGed

There's a fellow Dad who I see every morning when I drop my daughter off at school. He's a huge star wars fan. He's more traditional about it. Loved the OT, doesn't like the PT, and enjoys the Disneyverse. (I love the OT, PT, and clone wars)

Anyway, he was really excited about seeing the Last jedi when it came out.

Strangely enough, He (nor I) hasn't mentioned star wars since he saw the movie.

And we see each other every morning.....

Well my wife just watched it for the second time at home with the kids. She is not a Star Wars fan - happily tolerates/ enjoys it.
She just said "None of it makes any sense whatsoever - it's like being stuck in a bad dream where nothing makes sense!"
She also says that Holdo is the most offensive character in the film and offensive to her as a woman, stating that "a strong female leader wouldn't talk to Poe in that way, who a day earlier saved trillions of lives by blowing up the Starkiller". I noted even more major plot holes this viewing - I won't bore you with them.

This film gets worse each time I see it.

For that matter, why couldn't hermit, whiny Luke simply Jedi force project a hand to turn off the tracking switch?! The overall stupidity of this film is criminal.
That would kind of humour would have fit the movie. Then Hux would probably have jutst called the hand Thing. :lol
But to be completely fair the projection did not physically interact with things, coz his steps didn’t disturb the salt. Although that begs the question about the kiss with Leia and the dice.

How about this alternate ending edit. Just a little effort improves this movie 100%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8XE_8f49Qo

Yep. There was absolutely no point in killing Luke like that. And I don’t have a problem with him dying in general it’s just again that in context it was pointless and even counterproductive to the idea of the movie.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back