Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
You raise some good points Dan. I don't agree with all of them, but that's OK. We can agree to disagree. Part of me keeps returning to this thread to vent frustration, but also because I enjoy the exchange of ideas.

Same here, man! I've thoroughly enjoyed the exchanges with you and other folks here! :cheers

Moreover it was obvious to me that Kylo did not actually want to kill her much like Vader did not actually want to kill Luke. She turned the duel around on a whim and then they got separated by deus ex appearing ravine. Same for Finn, Ren was obviously toying with him and at the first moment when Finn posed threat he cut the duel short. Much like Vader in Empire.

Right, in that duel, my recollection is that he was trying to capture Rey, not kill her. So in that sense, there's no reason to fear for her life per se. In their second "duel" (where Kylo tries to convince her to join him in TLJ and they have their contest of wills over the sabre), again, he's trying to convince her to join him, so I don't fear for her life, although there's a risk to her safety, certainly.

I have zero issues with those who liked the film - you all have offered some really insightful commentary and made me rethink a few things.

I did stumble across this critical Variety article - don't agree with everything in it, but may be worth checking out if you have a sec:

"Four Reasons Why ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Isn’t One for the Ages"

http://variety.com/2017/film/column...sons-why-its-not-one-for-the-ages-1202643241/

I have zero issues with those who liked the film - you all have offered some really insightful commentary and made me rethink a few things.

I did stumble across this critical Variety article - don't agree with everything in it, but may be worth checking out if you have a sec:

"Four Reasons Why ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Isn’t One for the Ages"

http://variety.com/2017/film/column...sons-why-its-not-one-for-the-ages-1202643241/

Thanks for sharing this , Willie ( totally agree with your sentiments ) :thumbsup

@The Wook , don’t take this the wrong way mate ... but while reading that , I couldn’t help thinking that this is what your film review would have been ... especially seeing how this person holds up Star Wars & TESB compared to the rest of the SW films !;)

:cheersGed

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this , Willie ( totally agree with your sentiments ) :thumbsup

@The Wook , don’t take this the wrong way mate ... but while reading that , I couldn’t help thinking that this is what your film review would have been ... especially seeing how this person holds up Star Wars & TESB compared to the rest of the SW films !;)

Ged'day, Ged. (see what I did there!)

Not offended in the least, mate. I enjoyed reading it, and the guy makes some very high-SWIQ points. Which is even more impressive, given that he claims to not be a big Star Wars fan.

However, the failures he examines are just the tip of the iceberg of the film's problems. My review--if I could ever stomach penning it--would be far more severe.

The Wook

Last edited:
Ged'day, Ged. (see what I did there!)

Not offended in the least, mate. I enjoyed reading it, and the guy makes some very high-SWIQ points. Which is even more impressive, given that he claims to not be a big Star Wars fan.

However, the failures he examines are just the tip of the iceberg of the film's problems. My review--if I could ever stomach penning it--would be far more severe.

The Wook

Who knew the Wook was such a big tease? You've been talking about your review since this POS came out.

General question: Why is this thread still stuck when Black Panther is already unstuck?

Hey gang,

Remember my anecdote a while back about that other Dad at my kids' school who is also a star wars fan? And that since seeing the film we haven't brought it up?

This morning he came up to me to tell me all about the infinity war.....

Still no mention of TLJ

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

edge10 ,

I’m not sure hence my asking ... what does “ thread still stuck when Black Panther is already unstuck? “ mean ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably because the follow up film in the Marvel universe has been released, and that's being discussed. As soon as Solo is released and we start complaining about that, I'm sure the TLJ thread will be abandoned.

It couldn't be because, on the RPF "Star Wars" is far more discussed than any other property. No, must be racism.

Your the only one who mentioned race. I picked a random movie that happens to have been released way after TLJ, hasn't even hit video and is still being commented on. :facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

@edge10 ,

I’m not sure hence my asking ... what does “ thread still stuck when Black Panther is already unstuck? “ mean ?

The thread is no longer sticky to the top of the page, where many movies released after TLJ have been unstuck already. Black Panther was just a current example.

What did you guys think of Mark Hamill's (is it two Ms or two Ls? I always forget) appearance on The Big Bang Theory last night? I thought he did a great job and was actually pretty funny. The way he grabbed Wil Wheaton's wedding notes was hilarious! I loved the way the wedding turned into a Star Wars question and answer session with Stuart being the know-it-all. Good episode!

What did you guys think of Mark Hamill's (is it two Ms or two Ls? I always forget) appearance on The Big Bang Theory last night? I thought he did a great job and was actually pretty funny. The way he grabbed Wil Wheaton's wedding notes was hilarious! I loved the way the wedding turned into a Star Wars question and answer session with Stuart being the know-it-all. Good episode!

Great Laspector , thanks for the tip, I'll stick the record on for that episode . We are a week behind you in the UK !!!!!

Big Bang Theory is TLJ of network television. I'd rather be shot out of a cannon into the face of the sun than watch that show.

You do realize the irony of posting that in a thread that's been, like, at least 70% people complaining about a different piece of entertainment, right? ;)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back