Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
If Snoke was powerful enough to mind meld Rey And Ben, why not just reach into Luke's mind and kill him? Seems like a whole lot of effort for nothing.

You have to be able to locate the person in the force to do that. They pointed out in Rey's first lesson that she couldn't detect Luke in the Force because he had closed himself off from it. If he had no connection - snoke couldn't reach into his mind. By the time he unlocked himself, Snoke had given up and was focused on Rey being in his custody.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why not just contact Rey himself...lol

Because she'll believe she can turn Ben. She went there not to face or defeat snoke, but to try and turn Ben. That was the plan to get her there. Make her think she can turn Ben, she'll come to them, and he can then make Ben bring her to him.

If snoke reached out and said 'come see me' - she'd tiell him to eff off :)

I've got a friend with 4 boys, ages 5-13. They read the Luke spoiler online and decided they didn't want to see it on Christmas Day, as per their tradition. I'm sure his kids aren't the only ones who feel that way. They like the OT the most, go figure.

It's not like it's going to hurt the box office, but it's still 6 people who won't be going at all, as well as no repeat viewings from me, to make sure I didn't like it.

My overall point was that if Snoke was that powerful to do all that then why not just track Luke down and kill him. Why go through all the effort to bother with Rey?

attachment.php

Attachments

• iZU1CXwMHkqTp151XZ_9BYQPgW1x_2WCqvp7aOVOp5g.png
    iZU1CXwMHkqTp151XZ_9BYQPgW1x_2WCqvp7aOVOp5g.png
    716.9 KB · Views: 196
Snoke was controlling kylo's mind and kylo knew Rey was with Luke. Why not track down Luke and kill him?

Last edited:
Snoke was controlling kylo's mind and kylo knew Rey was with Luke. Why not track down Luke and kill him?
No, he wasn't. He was forging a bridge between the two with the Force. He wasn't controlling anyone's actions. The first thing Kylo did was try to force Rey to bring him Skywalker. Evidently, even his powers don't work like that.

It was said in another thread.. but Ill say it here... I had hoped... and I think there are alot out there that also kind of hoped... Rian Johnson would have done to the "arc" episode... the same way .. Irvin Kershner did

Just saying...

That would have been a lot funnier if they left out the SJW comment. That sure as hell wasnt around in 1980. I wasnt around in 1980, what did you old timers think when it was released in 1980 vs how revered it is now? Empire Strikes Back I mean.

For me my initial reaction was that it was entertaining but flawed. Once the asteroid chase ends it starts dragging a bit. Luke makes mistake after mistake in regards to Yoda's lessons and advice (and he sounds a lot like Grover, which pretty much everyone said aloud when Yoda started talking) and the Vader as Luke's dad seemed waaaaay too unlikely and convenient, and ruined Ben's story to Luke about his father. Then you have a dreary cliffhanger regarding Han.
So, while there was some great action and effects, I felt Luke didn't grow as a potential Jedi and it didn't have anything close to the feeling that the first Star Wars had. And now I had to wait three years for a resolution.
I still saw it a half dozen times in the theater. :) it got better as time went by, and slowly realized it was a better crafted movie than the original.

i thought it was a better made movie than anh and was instantly superior to it.

As dbuck posted though oz's voice choice for Yoda killed me though! :lol

Remember the Muppetts Show's skit 'Pigs In Space' with that film it was clear. Grover was in space to at least in voice! :lol

That would have been a lot funnier if they left out the SJW comment. That sure as hell wasnt around in 1980. I wasnt around in 1980, what did you old timers think when it was released in 1980 vs how revered it is now? Empire Strikes Back I mean.

In '80 i was 9 and i recall vividly still being at the theatre that night - and the lobby was even packed. What i remember thinking afterwards as a 9 year old was that my hero's just their butts handed to them for 2 hours, then end :)

took me a long time to come around to it and like it. At least today the next one comes around 18 months down the road instead of 36.

That would have been a lot funnier if they left out the SJW comment.

I apologize if this brings politics in the mix..i certainly didnt mean to change the subject... but I have been seeing alot of it

But...I must be getting old.. and living under a rock... I actually had to google what SJW meant.. does that really exist? and theres warriors?

Ok... now getting back to SW..

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back