Poll: What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

Subscribe
    2 Weeks Ago  Oct 5, 2018, 10:56 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5576

kalkamel said: View Post
    Not LFL officially, but from those associated with LFL, from JJ to Ruin to Chuck Wendig and Andi Guitierrez etc. This article sets out the examples: https://www.google.com/amp/s/disneys...er-disney/amp/
    I want to share some thoughts on the whole black stormtrooper drama that happened with TFA. And why it is that people like John and others immediately said it was racist thing.

Firstly, people in Hollywood are ingrained to think that way. Some from practically from birth. They look at everything with the mindset of this person is racist that person isn't.

Secondly they assume that the fans know that the Jango Clones are all dead. And the sequel trilogy is some 60ish years after the battle of Geonosis. They assume that they know that kind of info. So when people start complaining about a black stormtrooper. Immediately their minds are thinking that these people are racist trolls.
    From
    Pacific NW
    2 Weeks Ago  Oct 6, 2018, 2:46 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5577

blog....
  3. CSM-117 RPF Premium Member The Terminator's Avatar
    From
    Sweden
    1 Week Ago  Oct 8, 2018, 9:13 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5578

Joek3rr said: View Post
    You really need to check out the Star Wars Fan Awards. I can't remember if which of these two won, but they're some of my favorite films.

https://youtu.be/G7-n36MBs1A

And this one is currently my favorite Star Wars fan film ever

https://youtu.be/tiu2Tc2HdLo
    Saw them when they were first released. Liked both more than either EP7/EP8. Especially the one featuring Anna Akana
  4. RPF Premium Member niennumb1's Avatar
    From
    WA State
    1 Week Ago  Oct 8, 2018, 7:09 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5579

This just occurred to me... This film was so incompatible that they didnít even have a Lego video game made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 Week Ago  Oct 8, 2018, 8:47 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5580

niennumb1 said: View Post
    This just occurred to me... This film was so incompatible that they didn’t even have a Lego video game made

As was the 3rd Hobbit, Rogue One and Solo. They don't make Lego games for everything.
  6. RPF Premium Member niennumb1's Avatar
    From
    WA State
    1 Week Ago  Oct 8, 2018, 11:32 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5581

As was the 3rd Hobbit, Rogue One and Solo. They don't make Lego games for everything.
    But they have made one for every Episodic Star Wars film up to 8.
  7. RPF Premium Member Psab keel's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Oct 9, 2018, 12:14 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5582

There wouldn't be much play value in milking space cows and whining about how much the Jedi sucked.
    1 Week Ago  Oct 9, 2018, 1:15 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5583

niennumb1 said: View Post
    But they have made one for every Episodic Star Wars film up to 8.
    And the others were a trilogy per game. Lego TFA was the first game to be dedicated to one episode (though the first mission takes place during ep6).

Wait a second, how come we got a lego TFA? I thought EA owned the exclusive rights to make Star Wars games? Wierd.....
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2018, 9:07 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5584

10. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Oct 14, 2018, 6:28 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5585

He wrote some of the comics too?

1 Week Ago  Oct 14, 2018, 6:52 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5586

halliwax said: View Post
    He wrote some of the comics too?

Apparently.

I find it interesting that there was some people complaining how some employees were treating fans on Twitter. And now he's fired. It shows that the higher ups are paying attention.
  12. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Oct 14, 2018, 6:54 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5587

Apparently.

I find it interesting that there was some people complaining how some employees were treating fans on Twitter. And now he's fired. It shows that the higher ups are paying attention.
    I enjoyed most of the comics, I am so tired of all this fighting though... I used Star Wars to escape real world problems..

All the negativity around politics and the world.. Star Wars was my escape, now to see all this crap Iím completely lost and need a new escape..

With winter slowly closing in cycling is coming to a close.. I donít know what Iím gonna do now..

1 Week Ago  Oct 15, 2018, 1:07 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5588

I enjoyed most of the comics, I am so tired of all this fighting though... I used Star Wars to escape real world problems..

All the negativity around politics and the world.. Star Wars was my escape, now to see all this crap I’m completely lost and need a new escape..

With winter slowly closing in cycling is coming to a close.. I don’t know what I’m gonna do now..

I know what you mean. It can get kinda depressing, That's why, I like watching the Star Wars channel, Star Wars Explained, HelloGreedo, and The Wayward Jedi. Avoid the comment section and bam! Ignorance is truly bliss, and sometimes I just have to help myself to a heaping spoonful of it.
  14. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    6 Days Ago  Oct 15, 2018, 7:26 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5589

I know what you mean. It can get kinda depressing, That's why, I like watching the Star Wars channel, Star Wars Explained, HelloGreedo, and The Wayward Jedi. Avoid the comment section and bam! Ignorance is truly bliss, and sometimes I just have to help myself to a heaping spoonful of it.
    I am huge fan of hello greedo and Star Wars explained, Iím gonna check out wayward Jedi never heard of that one

From
    Huntsville, AL
    6 Days Ago  Oct 15, 2018, 10:06 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5590

All the negativity around politics and the world.. Star Wars was my escape, now to see all this crap I’m completely lost and need a new escape..

With winter slowly closing in cycling is coming to a close.. I don’t know what I’m gonna do now..

I agree H!

I've lost my faith in the new Star Wars. I thank the maker I have my hobbies and projects to fall back on. They can't take those away from us.
    6 Days Ago  Oct 15, 2018, 10:36 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5591

Time to dust off some models and props that have been sitting on the shelf I guess...
    From
    Ashland, Virginia
    5 Days Ago  Oct 16, 2018, 2:26 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5592

Forgive the off-topic post but I find it amusing that the LA Dodgers, who Rian is a fan of and has been tweeting a lot about recently, have fallen behind the Brewers in their playoff series. The Dodger players are blaming their fans for their performance.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/16/dodger...-dodgers-fans/
    From
    Santa Rosa, CA.
    5 Days Ago  Oct 16, 2018, 9:40 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5593

R.P. McMurphy said: View Post
    Forgive the off-topic post but I find it amusing that the LA Dodgers, who Rian is a fan of and has been tweeting a lot about recently, have fallen behind the Brewers in their playoff series. The Dodger players are blaming their fans for their performance.

It's the Rian Johnson curse.
    From
    Florida
    4 Days Ago  Oct 17, 2018, 12:42 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5594

SofaKing01 said: View Post
    I agree H!

I've lost my faith in the new Star Wars. I thank the maker I have my hobbies and projects to fall back on. They can't take those away from us.
    Well, actually... they can.

They can't hear you over the sound of all those EA/Battlefront micro-transactions.

Who's to say how long before stop and decease orders are given to fan film makers or even cosplayers/prop makers...? I'm sure Disney would be accosted for that but at the end of the day they only care about money.

They are very "protective" of the IP.
    https://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/...sfilm-lawsuit/

Here's some LFL lawsuit history:
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/20...-sued-and-why/
    Last edited by mcoractual; 4 Days Ago at 8:07 PM.
    From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    4 Days Ago  Oct 17, 2018, 8:23 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5595

R.P. McMurphy said: View Post

The Dodgers are now leading the series 3-2 and I'm pretty sure Rian Johnson, nor any other fan, really have anything to do with it.
    4 Days Ago  Oct 17, 2018, 9:15 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5596

mcoractual said: View Post
    Well, actually... they can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfYEUFcHwb4

They can't hear you over the sound of all those EA/Battlefront micro-transactions.

Who's to say how long before stop and decease orders are given to fan film makers or even cosplayers/prop makers...? I'm sure Disney would be accosted for that but at the end of the day they only care about money.

They are very "protective" of the IP.
    https://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/...sfilm-lawsuit/

Here's some LFL lawsuit history:
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/20...-sued-and-why/
    Well considering that Lucasfilm/Disney does Star Wars film awards every year. There are certain things they will not stop. No one was surprised when the KOTOR remake was asked to stop. The head guy on the project said from day one, he thought it might happen.
    From
    Ashland, Virginia
    3 Days Ago  Oct 18, 2018, 7:51 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5597

JoeG said: View Post
    The Dodgers are now leading the series 3-2 and I'm pretty sure Rian Johnson, nor any other fan, really have anything to do with it.
    I think it shows blaming the fans works!
    1 Day Ago  Oct 21, 2018, 4:28 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #5598

Just watched it for the 3rd time, and I still love it. I honestly hated it after the first viewing. Everything was NOT according to my expectations... and this killed the vibe for me. Watching it for a second time after taking the "expectation chill pill" helped a lot.