Poll: What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

Subscribe
    From
    Somewhere on the Salish Sea
    3 Days Ago  May 24, 2018, 1:23 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #4501

egosheep said: View Post
    My issue with this is, Obi Wan had a bond with Luke. He sacrificed himself for Luke. And with the PT we learn that he was actually watching over him from afar his whole life. This gives those force ghost scenes a lot of oomph.

But Luke barely met Rey. She was there all of 30 hours. He gave her two out of three lessons on why she shouldn't be a Jedi. And after attacking him, she stormed off the island like a churlish, self destructive child, never to see Luke again. She doesn't even witness his sacrifice on Crait. Call me jaded, but this is not a force ghost reunion I'm excited to see. As for Luke and Kylo, he didn't have much to say to him when he was on Crait talking to his face.
    That was before Yoda chewed him out, before he re-engaged with the universe, etc. I think after we saw what Luke did after Rey left, him manifesting to Ben is a distinct possibility. I can almost see a dynamic like between Luke and Cade in the now-defunct Legacy comics.
    3 Days Ago  May 24, 2018, 1:58 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #4502

Inquisitor Peregrinus said: View Post
    I think after we saw what Luke did after Rey left, him manifesting to Ben is a distinct possibility. I can almost see a dynamic like between Luke and Cade in the now-defunct Legacy comics.
    I'm so sorry, but I can't help but think about this...

3. Member Since
    Dec 2014
    3 Days Ago  May 24, 2018, 6:03 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #4503

sztriki said: View Post
    I can't listen to the entire vid as I'm at work now, just checked the title. It's on record that JJ wanted TFA to end with Luke levitating massive rocks and floating above the ground while meditating when Rey finds him. Simon Pegg also said that JJ had brief outlines about the sequels and Daisy also said that JJ had specific ideas about Rey's lineage. Mark even said about Colin Trevorrow that they really saw eye-to-eye regarding Luke's role in Ep 9, so my assumption is that Luke's fate changed after Colin was fired. Unless they really agreed on what kinda Force-ghost he would be.
    Colin told Daisy the ending of IX and it had her in tears. He promised fans a "profoundly satisfying answer" to Rey's background. And Mark has also said, in relation to the floating rocks and his Jedi robes, that JJ had a completely different vision for Luke than Rian did. He says it here, at 28:46.

From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    3 Days Ago  May 24, 2018, 6:09 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #4504

egosheep said: View Post
    Colin told Daisy the ending of IX and it had her in tears. He promised fans a "profoundly satisfying answer" to Rey's background. And Mark has also said, in relation to the floating rocks and his Jedi robes, that JJ had a completely different vision for Luke than Rian did. He says it here, at 28:46.

https://youtu.be/kMIOTBgExm4?t=20m36s
    Surely not 28:46.
  5. Member Since
    Dec 2014
    2 Days Ago  May 24, 2018, 8:15 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #4505

The Wook said: View Post
    Surely not 28:46.
    Sorry Wook! 20:46 approximately.
    From
    Santa Rosa, CA.
    2 Days Ago  May 25, 2018, 11:09 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #4506

Me and my friends threw on TFA last night before we went off to see Solo. Watching it felt like I was watching a video of my ex-girlfriend. So painful to watch now after TLJ. RJ really created a cancer for this franchise. So sad.
    From
    Seattle
    2 Days Ago  May 25, 2018, 11:31 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #4507

Nitz146 said: View Post
    Me and my friends threw on TFA last night before we went off to see Solo. Watching it felt like I was watching a video of my ex-girlfriend. So painful to watch now after TLJ. RJ really created a cancer for this franchise. So sad.

Are you sure, because both felt like really horrible fan films. Just because one made a bigger turd sandwich to eat doesn't mean the other one is delicious.
    From
    Santa Rosa, CA.
    2 Days Ago  May 25, 2018, 11:42 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #4508

ower said: View Post
    Are you sure, because both felt like really horrible fan films. Just because one made a bigger turd sandwich to eat doesn't mean the other one is delicious.
    Ha, I know many people didn't like TFA but I fell in love with it. Well, I fell in love with the new characters, Rey, Finn, Poe. The story was just an obvious rehash of ANH but I really like where JJ was taking us. Oh well.
    2 Days Ago  May 25, 2018, 3:36 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #4509

From
    San Diego
    2 Days Ago  May 25, 2018, 3:48 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #4510

alienscollection.com said: View Post
    Kinda pricey for a 40 page digital download. I bet Bryan will read it and tell us all about it for free.

I really hate what Rian Johnson did to Star Wars. He is such a smug douchey bastard too. Has a very punchable face.
    2 Days Ago  May 25, 2018, 5:13 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #4511

Interesting. Kinda tempted, but I think I'll just wait for the Plinkett one to come out...
  12. Member Since
    Dec 2014
    2 Days Ago  May 25, 2018, 6:17 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #4512

Drew McWeeny loved TLJ. I'm not paying to read someone's 40 page thesis of why TLJ was the SW movie we all needed but didn't want.
  13. Member Since
    May 2016
    From
    Perth, Western Australia
    1 Day Ago  May 25, 2018, 8:14 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #4513

What makes this guys opinion , or anyone else’s who ‘ enjoyed ‘ TLJ seemingly more valid or interesting , than those who didn’t !? .

Is RJ so hard up for recognition now ? He’s already got a reputation that I for one believe he’s deserved after foisting his ‘ take ‘ on SW ...

Ged
    Last edited by gedmac66; 1 Day Ago at 8:24 PM.
  14. Formerly known as Vegeta JoMamma_Smurf's Avatar
    From
    St. Pete, FL
    18 Hours Ago  May 26, 2018, 11:57 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #4514