Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
This thing is an unmitigated piece of shiite. Btw, rotten tomatoes has a critic rating of 91% and an audience rating of 49% and if you take the time to view a few hundred pages of audience reviews (3 to 4 hrs) it is hard to believe this thing even scores 25%. Total piece of crap!

So, TLJ was a first draft. :facepalm With every interview or response this guy is becoming a massive A hole. Mark knows it!

https://youtu.be/aWoeAXDIv7k
Wow...this is kind of baffling. I mean I'm all for a creative mind heading the project instead of a committee sitting meetings and looking at sales figures, etc. But while I can understand how Lucas could just slap a script together when the prequels came into play for a movie franchise that he owned and made by a movie company that he owned it just baffles me how nobody told RJ, right, let's go through your script and see how we can improve on it.
To quote Plinkett's ROTS review:
"The fact is that this script feels rushed and not thought out, probably because it was rushed and not thought out! (George Lucas): “Ya, they’re already building sets! God, help me! I’m gonna have to start this script pretty soon!"

To end on a positive note though kudos to Mark asking for no more Death Star...:)

And another thing!

If Luke had cut himself off from the force - why the hell is he wearing his Jedi robes when Rey arrives. God this was such a hack job :facepalm

And another thing!

If Luke had cut himself off from the force - why the hell is he wearing his Jedi robes when Rey arrives. God this was such a hack job :facepalm
And why is he babysitting the Jedi archives next to the sacred tree at the original Jedi temple?

And why is able to suddenly manipulate the force to pulled off the craziest Jedi trick that we've ever seen?

After Rocky retired...he still had to train to get back in the ring

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Stealing this from Matt Mira's twitter feed because I am still laughing..

"My favorite genre of YouTube is “Dudes angry about Last Jedi while surrounded by Star Wars memorabilia.”

"My favorite genre of YouTube is “Dudes angry about Last Jedi while surrounded by Star Wars memorabilia.”
You can be a fan of the franchise, collect the toys, and still hate this film. Just because this one film left a bad taste in their mouth, did you expect them to throw out all their collectibles?

its comments like this I find very interesting. I'm sure Mira supports opinions by women

But why is it, only negative reviews by Men are only mentioned in the MSM, Jornos, SJW, etc...but any negative reviews by women aren't mention, its like their voices don't count
Kind of makes you think

This movie definitely is not aging well for me, I like it less and less.

BUT...I just don't see a huge anti male agenda.

I think possibly we're a bit over sensitive on both sides of that debate right now, which is understandable (for both sides). But for this movie, I'm just not sure it's there. Yes Holdo is a little unbelievable, but I still think that has more to do with casting. Laura Dern is an amazing actress, but just not believable as an Admiral. It's like casting Clint Eastwood as an accountant. Plenty of talent, but It doesn't really work. As for the rest...Finn is bumbling, but he always has been, it's part of his arc, and frankly, a part of what makes him interesting. Rose is stronger, but also not perfect. She makes her share of errors.

As for the rest...the problems I have with Rey and Luke are shallow writing, but I don't see an agenda there. I see a very misguided desire to break from a really successful past, but not really any gender thing.

Strong-women/women-leaders are certainly nothing new to Star Wars. In Ep. 4 the highest ranking Rebel we meet is a woman (forgot her name), and of the four mains, Leia was the only one with any actual sense. Han was the likeable rogue, Luke the Everyman, Chewy the faithful sidekick. If anything the Leia was the only one who wasn't directly pulled from an established trope since she never really fit the Damsel trope (although in the decades since...the 'damsel who turns out to be tougher and smarter than the rescuers has pretty much become it's own trope'). Either way, even then it wasn't an agenda, just good story telling. Now it's still not an agenda, just not as good story telling.

I don't see an agenda, I just think the writing is incredibly bad. 50 hours after Rey tearfully hearing Maz tell her that no one is coming back for her, she hears her parents are nobody... and this elicits tears? She already knows this. It's the fans who were hoping Rey was some SW-Royalty, not Rey, so why is she upset that her parents were junk traders(like she was)?

And 40 hours after seeing the "monster" Kylo murder her surrogate father figure, she's attacking(!) Luke and calling Kylo "our last hope". Travel time from Luke's most-unfindable-spot to the Supremacy? 7 minutes. Honestly, the more you break down this movie the worse it gets.

HHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAA!! I haven't felt this way since the prequels sadly. Is that the nostalgia Johnson was trying to capture??? I agree with these people. The only thing I love about episode 8 is Kylo Ren. I love him soooo much.

Last edited by a moderator:
HHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAA!! I haven't felt this way since the prequels sadly. Is that the nostalgia Johnson was trying to capture??? I agree with these people. The only thing I love about episode 8 is Kylo Ren. I love him soooo much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evv6IZiKhXk
I've got to admire their passion. I just came out feeling slightly numbed, as if I had slipped between universes sometime between the worshipful critics reviews and getting to the cinema to actually see it. And I agree with just about every single point raised here (plus I laughed more at these comments than during the entire film).
In fairness to the cast ,alot of them did say it was "different" . Which I guess is code for "we don't like or agree with what the writer and director have done with it, but seeing as we want to continue in paid employment within the movie industry (slagging off the brand new multimillion pound blockbuster you are in ( very publically) IS rather frowned upon)so we won't say too much".
It also puts much of what Mark had to say pre and post release into perspective. He's fairly boiling with rage with what happened to Luke and now we are a few months past release he's feeling able to vent. I don't blame him really, between TFA and TLJ Luke has been treated very poorly. It will be fascinating to see where this all goes in IX.
The box office is interesting though.
Unlike TFA which fed on repeat viewings TLJ seems to have steeply declined and its daily BO takings have fallen below R1 now. Ultimately this looks like falling about $700,000,000 short of TFA and doing only a bit more than R1. THAT HAS to be a disappointment ,regardless of total BO, it means something has significantly damped interest in the brand, otherwise it would have seen better figures.

And another thing!

I don't agree with this but this is where the prequels screwed with the Jedi lore.

prior to the prequels, technically the Jedi's didn't have a outfit. Only piece to identify a Jedi was their lightsaber. Or else Luke would had known Obi Wan was a Jedi.
In A New Hope, Obi Wan, uncle Owen and some residents on Mos Eisly wore Jedi style outfits.
RedLetterMEdia/Mr Plinkett mention this in one of their prequel reviews
In ESB, Luke is wearing shirt, jacket, pants, with a blaster and his Lightsaber. And in ROTJ Luke is wearing the black top and black pants.

But when the prequels came out, every Jedi had a robe. So, I don't have problems Luke wearing those robes in TLJ

I don't agree with this but this is where the prequels screwed with the Jedi lore.

prior to the prequels, technically the Jedi's didn't have a outfit. Only piece to identify a Jedi was their lightsaber. Or else Luke would had known Obi Wan was a Jedi.
In A New Hope, Obi Wan, uncle Owen and some residents on Mos Eisly wore Jedi style outfits.
RedLetterMEdia/Mr Plinkett mention this in one of their prequel reviews
In ESB, Luke is wearing shirt, jacket, pants, with a blaster and his Lightsaber. And in ROTJ Luke is wearing the black top and black pants.

But when the prequels came out, every Jedi had a robe. So, I don't have problems Luke wearing those robes in TLJ
Well, Aayla Secura didn't wear a robe. Mark Hamill commented that his RotJ garb was similar to his ANH costume - his RotJ was somewhat Jedi-ish when he had the tabards on.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back