Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Sorry, tapatalk problems. That was meant for DarkKnight.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Oh, no...no apology necessary. You sent it to him. I just noticed that you were not telling it to both sides. I just think fair is fair, you know. jlee562 should be told to take it to an appropriate forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was quoted from a different thread, but I am placing my reply here where it probably belongs.

I don't disagree with you one bit - I think there's a small group of "haters" - they're a small group but they can be very, very loud voicing that opinion. There are those among us that will dispute this from now until doomsday...

The funny thing about the TLJ criticism, is that in following it all over social media (forums, Twitter, etc.), it was the FANS of TLJ that had their walls up immediately. All you had to say/write was that you didn't like it, and you were hammered with OMG YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT WAS SO LAYERED AND OMG THE METAPHOR!!!!!!!!11111. One woman on Twitter even had the audacity to say something to the effect that the only reason you wouldn't like TLJ is because when you were young you were one of the Rebellion, and now you're with the Empire, but it was done in this haughty way, and it got a gazillion likes, and you couldn't say anything negative about TLJ - and let's face it, there were flaws aplenty on objective grounds - or you were hammered. It was highly unusual and uncomfortable

THAT is what really vexes me about TLJ. At its best, it was really a marginal placekeeper for the saga; 7 can still dovetail right into 9. Sure, Luke is "dead", Snoke is "dead"...but not necessarily, eh. It literally didn't advance anything. A wonderfully emotionally maladjusted character in Ben became a wooden nothing, a crime I will NEVER forgive. I'm truly envious of whoever liked it - man, I wish I was there with ya - but it was maybe the least substantive movie I've ever seen. I get why TFA wasn't everyone's cup of tea on "originality" grounds, but it at least it had you questioning things - little mysteries - 5 minutes after you saw it, and carried some serious emotional resonance at times. You cared about the characters.

And yet...TLJ is beyond reproach for those that liked it. It's actually pretty weird, and makes me wonder how many of these people are actually "fans", or just people backed into a corner that have to pick a side, and there's no way they're going to dislike Star Wars. I mean, yeah, it's tough...but without dark there can be no light, and all that.

Last edited:
This was quoted from a different thread, but I am placing my reply here where it probably belongs.

The funny thing about the TLJ criticism, is that in following it all over social media (forums, Twitter, etc.), it was the FANS of TLJ that had their walls up immediately. All you had to say/write was that you didn't like it, and you were hammered with OMG YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT WAS SO LAYERED AND OMG THE METAPHOR!!!!!!!!11111. One woman on Twitter even had the audacity to say something to the effect that the only reason you wouldn't like TLJ is because when you were young you were one of the Rebellion, and now you're with the Empire, but it was done in this haughty way, and it got a gazillion likes, and you couldn't say anything negative about TLJ - and let's face it, there were flaws aplenty on objective grounds - or you were hammered. It was highly unusual and uncomfortable

THAT is what really vexes me about TLJ. At its best, it was really a marginal placekeeper for the saga; 7 can still dovetail right into 9. Sure, Luke is "dead", Snoke is "dead"...but not necessarily, eh. It literally didn't advance anything. A wonderfully emotionally maladjusted character in Ben became a wooden nothing, a crime I will NEVER forgive. I'm truly envious of whoever liked it - man, I wish I was there with ya - but it was maybe the least substantive movie I've ever seen. I get why TFA wasn't everyone's cup of tea on "originality" grounds, but it at least it had you questioning things - little mysteries - 5 minutes after you saw it, and carried some serious emotional resonance at times. You cared about the characters.

And yet...it's beyond reproach for those that liked it. It's actually pretty weird, and makes me wonder how many of these people are actually "fans", or just people backed into a corner that have to pick a side, and there's no way they're going to dislike Star Wars. I mean, yeah, it's tough...but without dark there can be no light, and all that.
If I could like this three times I would. :cheers
Every word there echoes my feelings regarding this.

Why are you trying to convince them it sucks ?

When someone shows you an ugly baby you say ...

"ohh how cute , wugggy , wugggy , wugggy whoo !"

You don't explains why the baby is ugly with facts !
They just don't want to hear it .

Now some of us can look at our beloved Star Wars E8 baby and accept its an ugly little ******* and some of us can't .

Just be glad they didn't have Lando in the movie he's probably running cons on old ladies in a nursing home according to RJ !

Let the hoople heads have there soulless movie in peace , it keeps them docile and out of everyone's way !

And pick up a porge for yourself , you'll thank me !

Why are you trying to convince them it sucks ?

When someone shows you an ugly baby you say ...

"ohh how cute , wugggy , wugggy , wugggy whoo !"

You don't explains why the baby is ugly with facts !
They just don't want to hear it .

Now some of us can look at our beloved Star Wars E8 baby and accept its an ugly little ******* and some of us can't .

Just be glad they didn't have Lando in the movie he's probably running cons on old ladies in a nursing home according to RJ !

Let the hoople heads have there soulless movie in peace , it keeps them docile and out of everyone's way !

And pick up a porge for yourself , you'll thank me !

TLJ isn't a baby, it's a movie. And the same social restraint against criticism does not apply. If it did, Rex Reed would have been out of work a long time ago.

Also, if people don't want to hear others criticism or praise, then why are they on a forum where they know they will hear both? If someone has a problem with people criticizing TLJ, then present your counter-argument, or go to another topic, or logout even.

TLJ isn't a baby, it's a movie. And the same social
restraint against criticism does not apply. If it did, Rex Reed would have been out of work a long time ago.

Also, if people don't want to hear others criticism or praise, then why are they on a forum where they know they will hear both? If someone has a problem with people criticizing TLJ, then present your counter-argument, or go to another topic, or logout even.

While I agree with the above .......

If These suckers watched the movie, heard our complaints and still insist it is flawless . or whatever it is your trying to get them to admit about the movie , I'm pretty sure another 137 pages of the same B.S. will convince them no further !

Although movies are baby's with little baby fingers and toes .

TLJ is like the hood
quote from menace II society I believe ???

"As much as I hate this mutha fuhka , I love this mutha fuhka man ! "

Rex Reed would also tell you bout your ugly baby I'm pretty sure !
Lol

Ugly babies, Compared to TLJ. Now this thread has gone where no threads have gone before.

And TLJ, is more like and ugly 14 year old pimpled face brat with a crappy retainer, with still alot of maturing to do.

If These suckers watched the movie, heard our complaints and still insist it is flawless . or whatever it is your trying to get them to admit about the movie , I'm pretty sure another 137 pages of the same B.S. will convince them no further !

TLJ is like the hood

Lol

You know I used to just think you were carzy as you live in God forsaken Yuma but now I just think you are a hoot. :)

TLJ is like the hood

Lol

Standing here and trying to convince anyone to just not debate is the most fruitless action you can take. This forum is for discussing different views. It's not the "Let's all agree about TLJ" topic.

If you can't handle seeing people debate back and forth, you are also free to leave and go to another topic or logout. Or you can make your topic where you want everyone to agree and see how that goes....:rolleyes

Standing here and trying to convince anyone to just not
debate is the most fruitless action you can take. This forum is for discussing different views. It's not the "Let's all agree about TLJ" topic.

If you can't handle seeing people debate back and forth, you are also free to leave and go to another topic or logout. Or you can make your topic where you want everyone to agree and see how that goes....:rolleyes

I have not seen a debate for pages except for us now debating weather uh or whether ..... Whatever about whether a debate is actually going on or not !

Right anyway

This is what I have been reading the last 20 pages a few people tell about the problems of the movie .
A few more about how the director is having to explain away those problems .
Others say no he is not and if you don't like it don't watch it .
Then one guy tells how much money it made which gets the whole ball rolling again .

No debate just rallying around a flag and waving it like a lunatic !

But by all means thrill us with more tales of how they ****** up TLJ .

hell I agree with you and I'm tired of hearing the same song !

Imagine if I disagreed with you !

Not saying I have an answer seems no one can talk without picking a side and ignoring all who oppose there view !

And I'll take my answer off Air thank you .

And yet...TLJ is beyond reproach for those that liked it. It's actually pretty weird, and makes me wonder how many of these people are actually "fans", or just people backed into a corner that have to pick a side, and there's no way they're going to dislike Star Wars. I mean, yeah, it's tough...but without dark there can be no light, and all that.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Almost every conversation I've had about the movie boils down to this:

ME: "Eh, it was okay, didn't really love it."
TLJ FAN: "You just didn't get it."
ME: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, a good friend of mine LOVED TLJ. And he's genuinely bothered that people he knows don't like it.

I think in his mind, the only people who wouldn't like it are Uber fanboys who feel as if they own the story.

So it bothers him that regular people who like good films think it's terrible.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I would also point out at the male roles in both the last 3 SW movie featured men who had the euroweenie hipster look and they killed the typical American cowboy guy. Finn the stereotyped coward as deep down feminists and SJW types harbor deep prejudices, they use reaction formation as a defense mechanism-look it up-Also people use this false claim, "i am confused, I dont see what youre seeing, explain it to me" to initiate the argument, they see it clearly, and in some ways are pushing the agenda trying to normalize it. Then people pull out their gender or sexuality as if thats a valid point, they are just trying to say, "hey I'm a member of this protected class you cant disagree with me"

So I finally saw this for my second time and while none of my problems with it have gone away, I didn't outright hate this time around. I was able to enjoy it as a good popcorn sci-fi pic. Still think it's not a good SW film though. I miss George Lucas at the helm [emoji852].

Last edited:
So I finally saw this for my second time and while none of my problems with it have gone away, I didn't outright hate this time around. I was able to enjoy it as a good popcorn sci-fi pic. Still think it's not a good SW film though. I miss George Lucas at the helm [emoji852].

Let it sink in a bit. You'll be pissed off again soon. :lol

I get the feeling George is sitting around somewhere and smiling about how much crap Rian Johnson is getting.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back