Poll: What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

Subscribe
    From
    Chicago
    1 Week Ago  Jan 12, 2018, 9:36 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2951

LFL wanted RJ back for IX, but he turned them down.
    From
    Cajunville
    1 Week Ago  Jan 12, 2018, 9:36 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2952

Mr Webber said: View Post
    I thinks this supports the hack writing though.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV_rfbnEzjk
    I must confess. I just watched this video.

I will probably ruffle some feathers here but now we have...

Han... who is dead..

Chewy, who looks like he is confused and just wants out..

Poe, who is a insubordinate Airman.

Finn, who is a "not so bright" ex FO Soldier.

Kylo, who seems to not know what is up or down and who has a face that makes you want to cry with him..yes, he looks like he is always about to cry..

Luke.. who has been a weakling, second guessing himself, scared and hiding, then only fights as a projection.

Hux, who is the worst "Empire/FO" commander.

Oh and Snoke..who was cut in half... weirdly...

And..............

Leia.. The "Queen Bee" of the resistance. Can do no wrong, even while frozen in space..

"Purple Hair" Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo, a now hero, that sacrifices herself for the good of all.

Vulptex (crystal fox) that guides the way to safety

Rose who seems to be portrayed as a powerful, selfless fighter, who grew up poor and abused and is now rising, with strength and determination.....

Rey (our main character) an extremely fast learner of the Force in record time.

Hmmmmm... I bet the Vulptex was probably a female fox...

I love the RPF, dont be too hard on me..

I'll put myself in timeout
    Last edited by DarthLee; 1 Week Ago at 10:10 PM.
  3. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    From
    WA state
    1 Week Ago  Jan 12, 2018, 10:36 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2953

CT1138 said: View Post
    LFL wanted RJ back for IX, but he turned them down.
    What's the source on that?
  4. RPF Premium Member
    1 Week Ago  Jan 12, 2018, 11:38 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2954

You left out one, or a clean up operation.
    JJ has his work cut out for him. As flawed as TFA was, it left me with questions I wanted answered. The biggest crime of TLJ to me is that we have wasted a middle trilogy film covering the 36 hour aftermath of the first film. And now... I don't care what happens in IX. Starkiller Base and the Supremacy have been destroyed, so Kylo is leading the crippled remnant of the FO against the 17 people left alive who made it out on the Falcon. Not sure if Kylo will have the balls to face any ship with a hyperdrive.
  5. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 12:07 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2955

egosheep said: View Post
    JJ has his work cut out for him. As flawed as TFA was, it left me with questions I wanted answered. The biggest crime of TLJ to me is that we have wasted a middle trilogy film covering the 36 hour aftermath of the first film. And now... I don't care what happens in IX. Starkiller Base and the Supremacy have been destroyed, so Kylo is leading the crippled remnant of the FO against the 17 people left alive who made it out on the Falcon. Not sure if Kylo will have the balls to face any ship with a hyperdrive.
    Couldn`t agree more. Let me tell you who else has no interest whatsoever in Episode IX. China.

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/0...mp-92-percent/

The worlds second largest market has cut screenings of TLJ by 92% after only seven days, thats right, one week. WOW. Disney spent an absolute fortune on marketing for this wreck including a bucket full on China`s most popular pop star etc. Add this to the cost of re re shoots and anticipated failure of Solo, and it shows how quickly a bubble can burst.

Guess that Disney dont have the same kind of strangle hold contracts that they have with US theatre chains.
    Last edited by Mr Webber; 1 Week Ago at 12:20 AM. Reason: Arron Spelling
  6. Member Since
    May 2016
    From
    Perth, Western Australia
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 5:54 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2956

CessnaDriver said: View Post
    The Most Breathtaking Moment in ‘The Last Jedi’ Is Also Its Greatest Threat to ‘Star Wars’ Lore

https://www.theringer.com/2017/12/20...-the-last-jedi
    Never really considered the ram- ifications of this . Wondering how future directors will ‘ handle ‘ this new technique - Manoeuvre of Mass destruction in their films ? Seems battles in space within the SW verse just got a whole lot trickier . Unless they take place in parts of it where it’s never been heard of , nor discussed ( doubtful ) , or prior to this episode taking place .

It was for me - jaw droppingly spectacular to witness , but after considering the points made in this article ... perhaps for the wrong reasons ?
    From
    Cajunville
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 10:17 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2957

Couldn`t agree more. Let me tell you who else has no interest whatsoever in Episode IX. China.

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/0...mp-92-percent/

The worlds second largest market has cut screenings of TLJ by 92% after only seven days, thats right, one week. WOW. Disney spent an absolute fortune on marketing for this wreck including a bucket full on China`s most popular pop star etc. Add this to the cost of re re shoots and anticipated failure of Solo, and it shows how quickly a bubble can burst.

Guess that Disney dont have the same kind of strangle hold contracts that they have with US theatre chains.
    Because Disney ran this whole franchise on a name. Buying a product, just because of the name, does not make it a good product. And the world is getting smart to it.

Hey maybe I can get more for my truck if I stick a big Nike sticker on it?
  8. RPF Premium Member Usagi Pilgrim's Avatar
    From
    NC
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 10:43 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2958

MrSouthpaw said: View Post
    What's the source on that?
    It's unclear if he was actually offered it or not. Here's an article that runs it down, but that's before they announced he was doing his own trilogy...
    https://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-d...-reject-offer/
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 11:33 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2959

DarthLee said: View Post
    Because Disney ran this whole franchise on a name. Buying a product, just because of the name, does not make it a good product. And the world is getting smart to it.

Hey maybe I can get more for my truck if I stick a big Nike sticker on it?
    I'm sorry, but this is just a uniformed comment. Disney is the best franchise builder and media manager company in the world. From their own franchises developed internally such as Pirates of the Caribbean, all the Pixar films, to their purchase and handling of Marvel and now Star Wars they make the best film series products in the world. It's fine if you don't like them but you just can't make that criticism with any intellectual honesty.
    From
    Cajunville
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 11:50 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2960

Bryancd said: View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is just a uniformed comment. Disney is the best franchise builder and media manager company in the world. From their own franchises developed internally such as Pirates of the Caribbean, all the Pixar films, to their purchase and handling of Marvel and now Star Wars they make the best film series products in the world. It's fine if you don't like them but you just can't make that criticism with any intellectual honesty.
    I completely agree, up to the SW franchise.

Disney has filled my home with wonderful movies. Collectibles, toys and family fun.

But there are few movies, Disney should just stay away from, LOTR, Aliens, Hobbit, documentaries, GOT's, anything Old World English, Roman Empire, Australian, Irish/Celtic/Scottish, Westerns, Godfather and SW.

They should stick to cartoons and comedy-adventures.
    From
    Cajunville
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 12:04 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2961

BTW, Welcome back @Bryancd

Seems like forever since you posted, (at least 2 or 3 pages).
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 12:08 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2962

I completely agree, up to the SW franchise.

Disney has filled my home with wonderful movies. Collectibles, toys and family fun.

But there are few movies, Disney should just stay away from, LOTR, Aliens, Hobbit, documentaries, GOT's, anything Old World English, Roman Empire, Australian, Irish/Celtic/Scottish, Westerns, Godfather and SW.

They should stick to cartoons and comedy-adventures.
    Ok, then so what should we say to the people who spent $4B in ticket sales, who have breathed life back into the toy franchise, families who are dressing up and enjoying Star Wars together? Should I tell them Darth Lee has decided the quality isn't there and we should just shut. It all down? Here's the thing, Star Wars isn't just for you Andre thankfully you didn't get to decide it's fate for the rest of us.
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 12:28 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2963

BTW, Welcome back @Bryancd

Seems like forever since you posted, (at least 2 or 3 pages).
    We are up at our cabin in the White Mountains of AZ.
  14. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Launch Bay Alpha
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 12:43 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2964

Did you take the DS Gun with you?

We are up at our cabin in the White Mountains of AZ.
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 2:55 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2965

16. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    From
    WA state
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 3:27 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2966

Usagi Pilgrim said: View Post
    It's unclear if he was actually offered it or not. Here's an article that runs it down, but that's before they announced he was doing his own trilogy...
    https://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-d...-reject-offer/
    Yeah, that's as far as I got.

I wonder how Disney will handle giving him a trilogy now that TLJ has divided the audience. I think it's a foolish move to let him keep it, considering the circumstances. He couldn't make TLJ cohesive or fit in tonally with SW, he's going to do 3 movies that way?

BTW, does anyone know what it means when you've been quoted, but the listing says they are "hidden"?
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 3:43 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2967

MrSouthpaw said: View Post
    Yeah, that's as far as I got.

I wonder how Disney will handle giving him a trilogy now that TLJ has divided the audience. I think it's a foolish move to let him keep it, considering the circumstances. He couldn't make TLJ cohesive or fit in tonally with SW, he's going to do 3 movies that way?

BTW, does anyone know what it means when you've been quoted, but the listing says they are "hidden"?
    I don’t think they are even remotely giving that decision a second consideration.
    From
    Santa Rosa, CA.
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 3:53 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2968

I donít think they are even remotely giving that decision a second consideration.
    In your honest opinion, do you think that Disney has any problems with how TLJ has divided fans?
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 4:10 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2969

Nitz146 said: View Post
    In your honest opinion, do you think that Disney has any problems with how TLJ has divided fans?
    If the film had financially underperformed, absolutely. They expect these releases to contend for the first spot on the yearly domestic charts and in the top 3 globally. These Saga films, Solo doesn’t have that level of expectations. They knew how this would play with fans if the OT but they made the creative decision to use the OT characters to serve the story of our new hero’s. Had Rian delivered a film that somehow damaged the new characters of Rey, Fin, Poe, and Kylo that would also have set alarm bells off. As it is, people having the most difficulty with Luke aren’t the base these films are catering to.
  20. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 4:40 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2970

They knew how this would play with fans if the OT but they made the creative decision to use the OT characters to serve the story of our new hero’s.
    What new hero`s?

Kylo is a hero?. A pathetic, whining scum bag who killed his father?.... zero hero.

Finn, bumbling fool?.....zero hero

Rey, Done nothing at all but knock off a few lego red men....zero hero.

Poe.. The only one who is a hero and he has been reduced to a hot head responsible for the deaths of many resistance fighters. zero hero.

ADDITION.

This new trilogy is based on a house of cards anyway. If Lukes lightsaber hadnt "called" out to Rey, there is zero story. Why didnt it "call" out to Luke when it was just a short landspeeder trip away from him in all those years that he was growing up on Tatooine and in the possession of Obi Wan.
    Last edited by Mr Webber; 1 Week Ago at 5:17 PM.
  21. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 4:51 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2971

Had Rian delivered a film that somehow damaged the new characters of Rey, Fin, Poe, and Kylo that would also have set alarm bells off. As it is, people having the most difficulty with Luke aren’t the base these films are catering to.
    He did do exactly that, havent you seen the comments posted in 119 pages here and have you read the script?

I`m sick of hearing that these films have been made for the kids. The MURDER of Han Solo looks like it was written and choreographed straight out of a John Wick movie and the infamous scene of Luke milking the breasts of a sexually gratified space walrus are not suitable for children full stop.
  22. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 5:00 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2972

@DarthLee, regarding your comments at post 2952, you left out one.

The fact that Kylo had absolutely no problem murdering his father and couldnt go through with killing his mother is a joke. Why is it easier and less significant to murder your father and not your mother? It should be impossible to do either, one is not less important than the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Any comments on the China situation Bryan? They are the SECOND biggest cinema market in the world yes?
  23. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    From
    CNY
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 6:30 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2973

They knew how this would play with fans if the OT but they made the creative decision to use the OT characters to serve the story of our new heroís. Had Rian delivered a film that somehow damaged the new characters of Rey, Fin, Poe, and Kylo that would also have set alarm bells off. As it is, people having the most difficulty with Luke arenít the base these films are catering to.
    It's fine to shift to a broader audience - I fit into both the fan and broader audiences - but when you fundamentally change characters who've come before to suit the story you want to tell instead of writing a story that both honors said characters and shifts focus to the new characters, you lose just a little bit of credibility in the eyes of your base.
    From
    Northern Ireland
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 7:11 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2974

If the film had financially underperformed, absolutely. They expect these releases to contend for the first spot on the yearly domestic charts and in the top 3 globally. These Saga films, Solo doesn’t have that level of expectations. They knew how this would play with fans if the OT but they made the creative decision to use the OT characters to serve the story of our new hero’s. Had Rian delivered a film that somehow damaged the new characters of Rey, Fin, Poe, and Kylo that would also have set alarm bells off. As it is, people having the most difficulty with Luke aren’t the base these films are catering to.
    The reason the film has done so well is because of TFA, before that Star Wars had lost it's way,....now everyone was onboard to see a sequel

The critical response has also helped,...for the general audience,....but the fans are divided, that's not what Disney wants,...they want EVERYONE to love it

There is a risk,...& even more so if the Han Solo film underperforms,....that there will be a major slump for Ep 9....the feeling that folks got walking out of the cinema for TFA wasn't there for half the audience......Disney/LFL needs to sharpen their pencil & think things through

I have no real problem with the treatment of Luke,....it could have been done better,...it's just the lazy plot & lame comedic moments

J
  25. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 7:26 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #2975

In my opinion, there will be some big changes coming in the future in regards to the whole thing. You can draw a line right now though Solo and Episode NEIN in the worlds second biggest market. Solo would want to be the best Star Wars movie ever made to have an impact in the rest of the world being put right in between Infinity Wars and Deadpool 2.

Of course these changes will be spun to the point where it all appears amicable but they will be made nonetheless.